1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 0.7 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Brado23, Mar 19, 2019.

1. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

I was on that server with you and it looked very promising. I just did a few laps in FP and Q to check out the update. Too bad I had to leave but was great to see a few SA servers up and running higher ratings (40-50).

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

ya great. I don't have the required SA on the live database :D

mr Switchblade and Son like this.
  3. Si.

Si. Simracer

Now that refuelling is available and pitstops are therefore more likely, does anyone have any tips on hitting the pit box, I spend too much time shuffling forward a bit, back a bit until hit the correct position?

Aseeth, mikendrix, Coanda and 4 others like this.
  4. trutya

trutya Simracer

i guess you should approach your pit box in chase view... i don't know any better solution at the moment.

Madsen and Si. like this.
  5. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Hopfully they will have a bloke/woman with a lollipop on release

6. fabT

fabT Alien

I did a few MP races today: Kunos #2 Server / Misano, ACC 0.7.2.

MP looks pretty solid now, usually no major lagging nor warping.

Racing is still a bit hit or miss, still many "bad apples" around.
    Careless guys, revenge wreckers and so on.
    Somewhat expected, as server had no minimum SA requirement.

Anyway, the most prominent change i noticed is that competition level got up a notch or two.
    Qualifying in 1:35 didn't always grant a place in the front row at Misano, as it was a little ago.
    I've seen many drivers doing 1:34 comfortably, which is a pretty decent pace.

It's quite challenging now.
    Shame for the usual few shenanigans that do their best efforts to ruin overall experience.
    Sadly you pay SA points due to their behaviour.

Bugs ? I seen a notable one i hadn't seen before: a formation lap spanning actually 3+ full laps :eek:. No idea why.
    I got the pole, but after 3 formation laps the actual race start saw some guy starting from pits as leader.
    He had about 20+ seconds advantage already o_O

7. mms

mms Alien

If it will be anything more distracting than this it will make me miss the spot even more often though :D:D:D
    [​IMG]

chksix and Coanda like this.
  8. fabT

fabT Alien

You mean something like this?

[​IMG]

9. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I was going to post the same thing, knowing where to stop for your pit box is hit and miss. You have to imagine that they'll have a lollipop person or similar for 1.0

Coanda likes this.
  10. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

There is a lolly pop man, here is what it used to look like:

They just disabled the animations for now.

11. The lolly pop guy put down the marker too late in my opinion here. Just after the car stops.
    Is it also in real life the case?

Nev Roberts, tjr and mms like this.
  12. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Where on earth do you find this SA-rating? Never heard of it until today. Some guy said it was on my profile page in the main menu, but only my name is there and 'online stats' is greyed out. All I know is that my plan to go for a nice bit of racing tonight was ruïned because I wasn't welcome on Kunos servers and other ones.

13. sid1965

sid1965 Gamer

Click Rating then safety you will see it. Drive against the AI to increase it.

Son likes this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

+1 pit box margins are far too tight. Hard to gauge in cockpit mode. A centimeter here or there and your screwed.

RSR2KX, Son, tjr and 2 others like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I've customized my png file :cool::p

[​IMG]

16. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The lollypop has to be a board you bonk with the car to show the perfect spot. It must be held down and only lifted once they are happy with your parking.

About wreckers; There could be a multiplier added at each incident which looks like wrecking by MR. First time at 1.0 then 2.0 etc. The wrecker will then ruin his SA fast and be kicked.
    Would maybe help if we had to work for our places in the teams or something. Start out in the slow teams with old cars. Once you've earned the Lambo seat you don't want to blow it by getting mad in a revenge mode. Cars and teams gets locked out as you dump your points. When the wrecker tries to rejoin the server he'll only have the Datsun 2015 model LOL

17. mms

mms Alien

Only had a few races with the AI with today's 0.7.2 update. Hats off @Lord Kunos , don't know what you did, but the AI now has a much better lateral awareness, also was not able to get rammed off by the AI.

Here are a few scenarios that before resulted in the AI ramming me off track, now I had to push my luck really hard to get a single contact (the last one), but even that did not result in the AI plowing through:

Karolinis, PabloVND, Adastros and 3 others like this.
  18. Yeah, the AI is miles better. Ironically I only got rammed after the race at the pit entry. :p

AI seems to have a hard time avoiding players (and other AI cars) on a pit entry road. At least in Zolder.

19. dek

dek Racer

Yep, me too. Was cruising into pit lane and got smashed from the hole gang. :eek:

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  20. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

About AI, seems to be fast in general all around regarding laptimes, but it does not have the speed as I do on straights (I have op. skill of AI on 95%). They are fast in turns, but not fast enough in a straight line. Would be better to gain some speed on straights and loose some in turns. And they are missing the track width awareness, from that follows, that they are no trying to pass - we had same issue in AC, but eventually they figured it out.

PS: I was using aggressiveness on 50%, maybe was too low for AI to try passing me or other AI drivers. Will test with higher value, like 75%.¸

PS: tested AI on 100% skill and 75% aggression, and result is almost the same regarding top speed. They are approx. 5-10km/h slower on straights.

All test done in dry conditions. In wet they are almost as fast as I am.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019