1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 0.7 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Brado23, Mar 19, 2019.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I think we are mixing up a continuously computed response to conditions on the track, like an AI moving to cover the inside line when an approaching player car is with in a programmed window of trajectory and proximity, with a simple "scripted" action.

I wouldn't call that "scripted", but the I in AI making a decision based on all the variables that can occur, and the response can/will be a variable depending on the result of continuous computations, as in ACC.

I don't think a RL driver doing the same thing, would be considered "scripted", at least not to Max's face.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I suggested self learning AI, initially trained in house, to Kunos several years ago.
    No answer from Stefano was given to it....
    :(

3. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Still no comment from the devs about refueling in mp races?

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

"We achieved this by controlling where and how much it needs to slow down."

In the end, it still boils down to the "I" being predefined algorithms.

Not to piss off any other opinions here, I call BULL **** anyway.

5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm thinking all of our questions will be answered on April 14th.

6. are you be deliberately disingenuous?

We are talking about this thing you've written:

"Crammond’s GP series AI was all scripted."

Which is pure ignorant and utter nonsense.. now, if you want to try to include everything but the kitchen sink in this in order to cure you sore ego I am sorry.. I am not playing that game with you. I am not "protecting any IP".. I am just avoiding engaging people not willing nor able to follow a technical discussion, experience and your last responses prove it's just a waste of time.

please move on discussing whatever you want, simply do not expect me to engage into this discussion anymore, I've made my point about your comment about Crammond's AI as clear as I can. Somebody will understand, somebody will agree, somebody will disagree, somebody will say "Kunos does not respect customers" and all the movies we've seen over and over again in these pages.

peace

Oberonone, Mike1304, chksix and 7 others like this.
  7. You should play multiplayer sunshine, it's far more fun racing against real people .. Ai is for wimps

Tim Meuris likes this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Unfitting answer, avoiding the initial point made, mixed in with the usual ad hominem attack I now from you, and came to like.
    No substantial answer given whatsoever.
    So protect your IP, granted.
    But don’t be surprised if this answer get spread widely...
    Not by me ofc, for this I respect you and your achievements too much.
    But others read here too....

Peace

Mike1304 likes this.
  9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Lord Kunos
    Question a bit off topic a bit on topic.

From developer and from gamer, is there an ai model, both in modern racing games or old racing games, that makes you say: "oh wow, this is wonderful..." or that ou j think is some steps above all the other?

Have you (not you like Kunos company, but you like Stefano, a lead programmer) a "target" that would be proud to match or overtake?

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

o_O
    I do

11. I don't really play other games enough to comment I am afraid.

Back in the day I'd say GP4 and GP3 were my favorite.

Rober, After_Midnight, fabT and 3 others like this.
  12. fabT

fabT Alien

GP3 was a giant leap forward by Crammond.
    3D acceleration, rain, very good AI.

Anyway i still think the slightly older Grand Prix legends was still unrivalled, as a product and a sim.
    So nice to drive, well polished. Multiplayer ( VROC! ). Inspiring setting. Best manual ever.

A true milestone, still unique.

Winston and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Maybe you should...
    :rolleyes:o_O:mad:

14. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Just happened to me in Kunos official server in Zolder. I conneted just before after qualy - changed setup, pressed drive - there was 30 sec left till start. And when it was zero, I got teleported to pits..

Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  15. fabT

fabT Alien

I'd dare to say he's low on spare time ;)

martcerv likes this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You obviously have NO clue what your opponents (sorry for that war-like wording) are doing, so pls refrain from insulting critics ....

17. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

It's not just him who is working on this game you know. They do have other developers who will have played racing games.

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

With him being lead developer,I think he should be aware of his surroundings...

19. Mate....

Freddie Seng likes this.
  20. fabT

fabT Alien

You think that after spending about 15-18 years on car simulation programming he has no clue of his surroundings ? Sounds a bit ... unfair imho.

Especially given the fact he is the guy who created Assetto Corsa, which in my opinion is still the benchmark as a sim ( letting alone ACC ).

Not willing to sound like a fanboy, because i am not, but i do respect his achievements as well as his opinion.

Crammond, Kaemmer, Kunos.