1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS 0.7 Rating, Multiplayer & eSports event notes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

The SA rating is working now very good.
    2 weeks ago T1 of Monza was always wreckfest destruction derby.
    Yesterday I had 3 races and all 3 races no wreckfest in T1. Drivers were fair and drove clean.
    The servers were all without SA restriction, but even so the habbit was very civilized.

Hydrogen and MathMilitary like this.
  2. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

1. So, after reaching 99, there won`t be any more of a progress - thats what I meant in the 1st place. Your rank could only go down. And this is not something I would like to keep people driving for years, and keep improving them self.
    The only goal would be to maintain the max numbers.
    2. I would rather see that non-distorted scales, so that would mean, 90% of the driver would now be in 40-50 points, instead of 85-90.

Personally I would imagine something like that someone can progress for years, not reaching max in months (like its now, expect TO).
    Even if you look a real life, (majority of the) drivers have to go through many races, through many years, before reaching PRO license level.

--
    One more thing, it would be good to have some session, like Practice offline, where none of the ratings would be calculated; to drive freely, and if someone else, who is not expert in driving, try and not ruin my rating. Would you agree?
    You know how it looks when this kind of game try someone who never tried anything like before?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think the ratings are to evaluate peoples general driving level, then you can use this to get a better MP experience. What would be the point of a Pro License level if it took years to get and people still don't even look for basic restricted access servers. You want some high end Pro servers that nobody will join? or just use ratings as a status symbol? I think as it is it does a good job evaluating people and if used to filter servers will greatly improve most users mp experience.

XettMan and Mitja Bonca like this.
  4. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

You are right, but I didn`t mean to reach pro level in years, but still making some progress. On the end, it always depends on the one who is designing whole thing.
    To separate drivers by their knowledge and attitude, rating does it job well, that`s the most important thing.

martcerv likes this.
  5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

You won't reach 99 except for TR ;) But yeah, you understood.

You may have noticed that much of this Rating system effort is to offer a hardcore simulation, but help to bring inexperienced drivers to get into simracing. So the first 50 points are meant to express "you suck, but have you seen this? It was good, and you gained 5 points". This ofc. goes to the price that the other side of the scale has to work on tiny deltas. But I'm still convinced, if we focus on entry/mid level, we will see an increase in total quality and numbers, everybody wins.

Yes I understand, but choices have to be made and we are still a ~25 people gamedev studio. The whole Rating system already is hyper-complex and in a way above our "league", so I have to admit I'm happy with what we could achieve so far.
    Also don't forget, in comparison to AC1 we introduced quite an server/backend/database infrastructure while we sticked with the one-time-payment model.

True. That was a tough decision to make, especially as it would be very cool to go with the IRL "rules" and definitions (looking at the FIA Driver Categorization).
    So we had to pick between A) "can we quickly separate aliens from beginners within a few laps?" or B). A) has the advantage that the buildup process for the ratings is not grindable, and *very* quick. Looking at several months of Early Access phase where we had to consider lots of data resets, it wouldn't have been a good idea to need several months until we see distinctable profiles.

That also meant an average driver with lots of mileage in ACC would be rated equally (or better) than the iRacing alien that decides to join a few weeks later. Instead the current rating system is quite quick (and it could be like 1-lap-is-enough-quick)

True. Probably not for 1.0, but we need a way to disable the ratings partially for several reasons - though so far I was happy to get them working, not thinking about turning them off too much.
    Biggest problem here is to make clear what happens if you turn them off and want to join a SA/RC rated server (you obviously can't, or the ratings would have to turn on automatically, and so on).

While statement is correct - why is everybody so obsessed with Rating = MP? :D
    No, it's not. Rating is more than MP in ACC

Goony8, D.Jankovic, Dookie and 4 others like this.
  6. Pani De Pani

Pani De Pani Gamer

I would like to know why my cc is so low with the jag.
    After a good 45 min race with a high pace and very good consistency (97) I end up with 60 or something like that.
    I've seen guys with a 90-92 cc and 2-3 seconds slower per lap.

7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

IMHO iRacing's license/safety rating has a lot to be desired... personally not a fan how u can build build and build safety rating then rinse it all at a big event... It's well known at big events (eg Spa24) where u can watch a few top split drivers cutting and going wide losing points on their safety and thats it no penalties or anything... no worries after the event I can just do the grind and improve this easy again...

This is why I'm so stoked ACC has a cut warning system or if blatant, a stop and go penalty (BTW I think Paul Ricard might need looking into as is seems overly harsh for stop/go on a few corners).

The license should be a confirmation you are at a level that is acceptable to be a good clean racer online... of course aliens will get there in less time than us mere mortals, but thats it... we're about racing not who has the most elite license... @Minolin I was a massive fan on AC with what you did and can only sing you praise here... thank you :)

People will realise that their driving now will impact where they can race later... because it's EA and numbers are low, our region sucks for numbers... I just want to race and if it means jumping on an unrated server to get ppl to jump on then happy days... if it becomes a wreckfest I'll bail and look for another server...

Oh, last thing, can we please have apex cones put back when a session completes? doing a prac/qual/race after about 2-3 rotations and they still aren't returned is a bit of a downer :)

martcerv likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It is much more and can be used very well for analysing your own performance, then using this to improve.

Really likeing where this implementation is going, I remember maybe imagining something basically along these lines a while back. Seems you read my mind and then raised it up quite a few levels past what I thought was already nearly impossible. ;)

Its such an ambitious approach becoming a big part of the core, great job for Kunos to hire you and get your awesome code to work directly with theirs.

Always nice to see hard working modders get a break and then step it up like you and many other guys at Kunos have.

bigbawmcgraw, Rolz and Minolin like this.
  9. Andres Blanco

Andres Blanco Rookie

Hi all, this post is great. Many thx

NomeKitoTestorbo likes this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I did venture into the Kunos official Europe server with my 390 ping, surprisingly it wasn't un raceable but obviously not perfect. I don't think any collisions were caused by lag, the first race without a chance to qualy I started at the back in 26th and was surprised how clean a run I got ending up somewhere in the top 10. 1 small rub was all I had with quite a few passes.

Race 2 got in a qualy was in the GTR so 3rd wasn't too bad, got a bit roughed up early but it may have been 3 wide and me outside as I was pushed into the dirt. Getting back through the pack was a bit more carnage but looked more like racing incidents then anything. From there the race was pretty good as I tried to follow a BMW back through the pack until I binned it all on my own and into the wall for a DNF. :oops:

That was my first test of SA 50 and after comparing to open local servers it shows the ratings do a pretty good job at 50 already.

One thing I would really like to see however is in the realtime app if we could see all pings including ours, the only way to see pings is the names above cars and I really hate that big ugly graphic. The realtime app can do with a facelift to match the timing app I think ;) also adding ping and laptimes for qualy would be nice. Now you need to switch between the 2 to see laptimes and relative positions which is more important especially if you are on an outlap and want to stay out of peoples hotlaps.

Im sure bigger issues would be between 2 high pingers then 1 high and 1 local, so if all the aussies flooded over there it would become a mess for all the Euro's. Maybe an Official Kunos server hosted on our island would attract more locals to jump into the same servers especially if its running safety ratings. Our servers really get no love and its either just the league guys in it or me churning laps solo when setup 3Tn 50SA.

Would be interesting to see what others that may have been in the server and saw a couple aussies in there, what they thought of our connections.

Edit here is my race 2 video, cant see anyones pings my my ping in lobby was 390. The bump wasn't 3 wide as I thought but $%^& happens at times in racing so no big deal there. At least it gave me another go at getting back in the pack.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Rolz likes this.
  11. Rolz

Rolz Alien

+1 for Aussie, or even Singapore, server please :)

Yeah was absolutely wicked 30ppl and everyone drove so well!

Shame we don’t have those numbers here over on our side of the globe

martcerv likes this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

After grinding my way up to 50 SA and joining the Zolder official server a few times, I can confirm that the rating system is great. I mentioned earlier that I had to take very defensive lines due to divebombing on the Misano server. On the Zolder one with SA 50 requirement, it's a totally different story. I was just racing the Nissan and had a Lambo behind - between o.7 and 0.2 s behind. He never attempted the divebomb, I never had to close the door. On this server, I don't need to be scared of T1 pileups or wreckless drivers.

But I accidently cut a chicane and got a drivethrough penalty. Worked my way back up from P18 to P 12 after that. Man, I love this realism.

With the safety comes pace, BTW. I usually Q within top 5 on open servers and finish even better if nothing goes wrong. Here, I can Q P 10 or 8 at best. Finishing in such a position is hard work. I love that - the rating system already works in putting people of similar pace together - although only the SA is restricted!

Another thing that deserves appreciation is the good collision model. I got rear-ended in T2, it was quite a nudge. But my car remained perfectly controllable, the other guy's car, too.

TDS, Atak_Kat and Minolin like this.
  13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

The effect is subtle, but ofc. we look at RC, CN, CC, PC to sort the server list, in the hope that the first 3 to 5 are really a good match.
    This double-dips both to give you a server you want, and also forge different servers with different levels of drivers. Wouldn't call it matchmaking though, as I've learned that this means how the complete server system is built and does not apply to pickup style ;)

14. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

But for Monza there are most of the time only 2 servers not empty. So "matchmaking" does not matter right now.
    Hope in future there will be more drivers.

15. LarryBo

LarryBo Rookie

I have a quick question, is there anyway to disable a server from changing any of the ratings, the reason I ask this is when run a home dedicated server in which I let family members play the game and do not want it to effect my race ratings. By this I mean, not just not using the SA rating and Medals, but not allow this server to change your SA, CN etc..

Thanks!

16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I posted this question already, look for guest mode thread... you’ll find a post someone enabled family sharing on steam as a workaround

JamesHants likes this.
  17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Is it possible for the penalty system to take in to account the gap to cars in front/behind before and after a track cut? This would be mostly good for chicanes. A good example would be T1 at Monza. In one of my races I had a brain fade and missed my break marker by 50 mtr, no chance of slowing down and even trying to make the corner would have caused issues for others around me so I took the escape, and drove around the barriers. Before rejoining I waited for the cars that were just behind me to go past and rejoined safely but I still got a drive through. Would be good if in that situation the system saw that at the breaking zone or there about there was car X right behind me but after the corner car X was in front so no advantage gained and no penalty

martcerv likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seems that video didn't upload properly to youtube last night, so I uploaded it again and seems it went through this time.

Rolz likes this.
  19. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

my 2 Cent About SA Rating: i joind a Server whit an SA of 59 and after getting crashed by 2 stupid Rammers wich i try to overlap and harly trying too avoid any contact but they turned me on straith and t bones me up to next wall my SA Rating went now down to 52 thats somthing that sucks realy you try to stay clean and build up youre SA Rating there are 2 stupid guys that destroys your hard work of days maybe Weeks thats anoiing!

20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

What rating was the server requirements?

LeDude83, martcerv and Rolz like this.