1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What do you expect from 1.0.0 ?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, May 5, 2019.

1. A guest mode would be nice so that friends/kids could play the game without ruining your ratings. What I expect is for the sim to keep getting refined, and some glorious night racing at spa.

2. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

3. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

some ppl do not know the meaning of this > :p

*edit* I simply expect that what was officially announced... end of story ;)

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. 1 - I expect a button to LOAD a setup and one to SAVE a setup, not one for both. When you get to a race, you click on Save/Load and you think you're loading, but end up saving a preset on top of a setup! GRRR!
    2 - Also Expect a timer to countdown to a Race to be visible before we click drive, so we know how much time we have left.
    3 - What about some sort of speed control for the pole sitter not to dart before the start?

XettMan, dvo, warth0g and 1 other person like this.
  5. flihp

flihp Racer

I expect to be divorced for not spending time with the family:p

6. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

You missed the point my friend... :)

7. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization....... optimization.... and so on...

8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

That whatever was supposed to be implemented will be implemented and then the implementation will be completed:p

Oh and that we’ll have a fan who looks like Stefano holding a baby carriage with a cat who looks like Jax in their watching the race on the grounds:)

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I expect the version number to say 1.0 but maybe not long until it says 1.01 with the first quick hotfix. :D

XettMan likes this.
  10. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Good post. Totally agree with setup loading/saving. It’s terrible now. And yes, a countdown timer is essential I think. Track temperature too, unless I missed it. Pole sitter...eh, I’ll add, make it that you cannot get hit from the ***** behind you that gets on the gas and hits you two or three times before you even start rolling because you’re waiting on the guy in front of you to move. That MUST be addressed somehow. Add more room between cars on the grid. I’d be in the minority of wanting automatic control on the rolling start until just before it goes green. The bouncing off the rev limiter gets a bit grating on the nerves after a short while.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just give a big penalty for those that hit a stationary car before the race start. A 30 sec stop go and SA OBWP to them only should sort that out. Obviously anyone going into reverse or something stupid at the start should aka donuts get instant DQ.

Someone too slow off the line should also be given a drive through penalty or put to the back of the field. If the formation is terrible then do a full pace lap and try again. If people cant ever figure out a clean start they can spend the full race timer trying to get a start going. After a couple of these races people should figure it out.

If just one car is well put of position tell them to go to the back of the line and server a drive through. All others need to be informed they are to pass this car.

The cars responsible for the false start first attempt should be warned and given a dq or penalty if they fail a second time.

Make it clear who you are to stay behind, have a clear speed limit anyone going early should also get a penalty, add to this a full manual start.

I wouldnt be surprised if something along those lines is in the works, but if it actually can be done solid and stable is the big question.

If that was put into effect at least more would flood into high SA servers as the odds of getting a start in an open invite to all muppets server would be highly unlikely. :p

That could be the full manual start option and for open servers you could force an arcade style rolling start where all cars move on their own and drivers get control on the green light only.

Also whenever I am on pole I take it easy at the start and dont care if I lose a spot just try keep the field tighter. At least then there is someone to pass but I have come across a few desperates that need to go early.

These guys rarely stay in the race after they spin or you pass them, there is a reason they need to try cheat and get away early. They know they dont have the pace or ability to win a fair battle. ;)

chksix likes this.
  12. magzire

magzire Alien

VR mouse support

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Re point 1: There is pretty much a load and a save "button", although it's a tab in the setup menu. For me it's not any more dificult to chose the right tab than to click the right button.
    Then after clicking save (by accident), you still get an additional dialogue asking for name and comments. That should be enough to remind you you're saving a setup...which you chose through the tab "save".

Point 2 would be nice, though.

14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

My idea of a 'rubber band' (or magnetic force field) effect would eliminate that completely.
    When the rolling start begins ALL cars (even AFK) start to move as if connected by a rubber band, meaning that you cant get too far ahead or too far behind the car in front (or even to the side).
    You can still accelerate and brake, but if the car behind gets too close you automatically move up. You can still also go from side to side, but not crash into the car next to you.
    When the race starts this rubber band is lifted and you can go as you normally would.
    The AFK drivers would obviously slow down, but that wouldn't matter as the driver behind would just overtake them as they would a slow driver.

What this effect would do during a rolling start is....
    1. prevent anyone crashing in to anyone, the impatient driver behind, the person who brake checks you in front, the car taking the last corner wrongly and clipping you, and even the AFK driver in front of you.
    2. stop the leader shooting off into the distance never to be seen again as the race starts.
    3. stop people exploiting the jump start bug.
    4. Stop people jumping ahead of their Q position
    5. stop anyone spinning you round
    6. no one sitting on the start and not moving (AFK)
    7. make it more of a balanced start for everyone

I cant see any disadvantages of it.

In fact, the lead car could even dictate the speed, so no bouncing off the rev limiter. That would also add a little tactics to a start.

15. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

The technical explanation is very interesting, but in my opinion these systems should not replace the awareness of the good driver. There is already the mechanism of the SA rating, thanks to which the people must grow in order not to make certain mistakes. The impatient players until they understand that they can only leave when the car in front has already started can have a very low SA and remain relegated to the swamp of the servers for neophytes, that is not low SA

R. Iván likes this.
  16. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Totally agree, however my idea is to make it better for all drivers, including those a little slow off the mark, those who may be AFK (for whatever reason) those who are good will still be good and be able to make progress as the lights go out, but they wont be effected by those who may still be good, but make an error (possibly not even their fault).
    And its only for the 20 seconds or so prior to the race start, not for the whole race, so wont change the race what so ever. It will just make the start soooo much cleaner.

I have started a new thread to see what others think, rather than derail this one.

17. Pls no automatics for the rolling starts. So we can drive a full lap before the race starts.
    Like in real life ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

These players should only attend servers that are compatible with their SA. Otherwise we will continue to have many servers with high SAs but empty

R. Iván likes this.
  19. RWa

RWa Simracer

I expect a version 0.8 and 0.9 before 1.0

20. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

But its already automatic, there is a rev limiter stopping people from going too fast.

And they do already, however there are still times when there could be issues. For instance, your phone may go off or someone come to your door, or you could have a hardware issue just as the race starts. Or you, being a good driver, may go into the back of someone who 'brake checks' you for whatever reason.
    It wouldn't change anything to the start of the race itself, it would only prevent crashes or jump starts or overtaking prior to this.
    Anyway, we should keep this going on my thread rather than taking this one over.