1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Oh yes, servers are so expensive, that's why we have hundreds of them completely empty.

2. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

I have a little exercise for you.

Count (or make up) the number of servers currently running. Find out the cost of running a server. Multiply the number of servers running by the cost per server.
    Forecast the number of players who will buy the game. Calculate the revenue from sales.
    Divide the revenue total by the cost of running the servers (we'll ignore staffing and ongoing development costs).

Let me know when you answer isn't infinity.

3. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I’m here in a bar in London, sipping a Negroni, and reading this thread LOL!

4. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Which bar, maybe i'll drop by. We can discuss economics.

fnegroni likes this.
  5. Naer

Naer Gamer

But I already explained a possible way for an ongoing stream of money. With 10k each month to rent servers, a server for ACC cost around 7$, that's near 1500 servers for month, not enough?
    I think a lot of people is totally wrong about how much a server cost. And as I said before, there are tools to automatically scale the servers pool so kunos doesn't have to paid for an idle server.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Man, this thread has gone completely off rails. You guys do a lot of noise for sure.

Coanda, kuccu and mr Switchblade like this.
  7. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

If a lot of people makes noise, the ones in power listen

anthony galmiche and jacyhv 2 like this.
  8. And what did this post add to the discussion, exactly?

(and by 'this post' I actually mean pretty much any of your posts)

9. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I don't know, servers are cheap to rent because they are virtual machines, but its the running cost that comes up and bites you in the Ba**s, IT the messaging traffic where farms make money

10. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

random question.

so how long will ACC be supported?

after 1.0 release according to Marco (rd interview) there will be 2019 cars and than some surprise (type of dlc?)

what happens than?

will Kunos team move on to something else?

when I figured matchmaking I thought of SRS but I guess thats not even in the cards even at some later date 6-7 months down the road...

the current server browser and filter is no better than AC.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm surprised - in a negative way - how harsh and "over the top" the criticism is. Looking at the official ACC site, I read this text:

I don't see a huge discrepancy to what we have now. The "matchmaking" works (or is supposed to work) by putting the most attractive/reasonable servers high in the server list. Nothing in that announcement is massively off with what the current state is.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Honestly - can someone please tell me (sources, please) why this seems to be such a scandal?

Chin, kro, Dookie and 9 others like this.
  12. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Esta persona, el autor del video juega a iracing que no es precisamente gratis
    Y te lo digo en el idioma de tu país para que lo entiendas bien

Rioku, sr bubbles and Fremen_78 like this.
  13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I know, he is an iRacing fanboy, its the people commenting his video who I am referring to.

BTW, this is an english language forum, respect this at least, given that you lost your respect for the devs.

jaxx_za likes this.
  14. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

There is no scandal.

How is the current multiplayer system different than AC?

When we had Minolin in AC you had the same effect safety rating etc. Now its expanded into more categories.

Using the word matchmaking was just poor choice of word.
    Lot of people expected something a bit more in depth.
    Like SRS etc.

Nobody thought it would be iRacing level. Heck that would probably require subscription services on top of game to mimic it.

15. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

If this was early 2000's/late 90's and someone wrote that and gave us lobbies, it would have been fine, but in 2019 when someone say "advanced multiplayer" and "matchmaking" you know they are not talking about something from the past century.

Cascader, flyingyak and PiretSS2000 like this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok, ok. So how did Kunos cheat on us, now? "Matchmaking" isn't something that the UN has agreed upon in some global act, you know.
    You write like you know what "lot of people" and "nobody" want.

IMHO there is no issue here - just a lot of people tryint to turn their personal disappointment into some scandal.

Again: can someone please show me how the current situation CLEARLY differs from what was announced?

17. coiso

coiso Gamer

Made me laugh out loud - randomcallsign

sr bubbles, SlimCharles and Fremen_78 like this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Your rasoning is solely based on your personal experience and opinion. It's therefore invalid.

You're angry because you're expectations were not fulfilled. That's all...you seem to have zero sense for the rational side of things and you can't properly back up that Kunos has lied to or cheated on anyone.

kuccu, Coanda and jaxx_za like this.
  19. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@Minolin you did a really great job so far and things are working very well: rating, stability of MP servers, etc. All this in light of a major, unexpected net code re-write! Really good job. I fully understand also that until v 1.0, so basically in 2 weeks, no-one will be able to work wonders.

I only ask you to please take that very very clear community feedback regarding "future of MP" to the Kunos bosses, SRO bosses or whoever makes the final decision on MP features. The community wants scheduled races (by far the most important) and true matchmaking, automatically selecting servers based on the rating, experience and so on. Events like SRO eSport series are an add-on but to be honest, are also not well implemented as they demand an on-site presence. Yeah it's a really cool gimmick but in the end it rules out so many great sim racers who don't have the funds / time / addiction / whatever to travel to (several) on-site races. In the end, it's an online GT3 race simulation.

Let's face it: this is a SIM, geared towards the semi-professional, towards guys who take sim racing a bit more serious. ACC is PC-only, it will not sell millions of copys, it will probably not see ten thousands of average online players. The only real opportunity I see to keep the MP truly alive is to offer a system a bit similiar to the "other true competitive sim". And this can easily be done: keep the MP as it is for free, and add the scheduled races / matchmaking system as monthly subscription, as DLC or whatever other opportunity exists. Btw I do think this will also be the very best opportunity for Kunos to make some more money out of it (it plays maybe a lesser role, but in the end money will for sure play a role for every company). As can be read across the forum, a lot of us would be willing to spend between $20 and $50 a year for some enhanced features and full-fledged further development of the game. And it would help to communicate such a decision early-on (i.e. "we started the developing of that and expect it to finish in roughly half a year").

I will keep playing ACC, I will keep trying to improve the game by constructive criticism, helping to track down bugs etc. But, sadly, also I have just subscribed to the "other true competitive sim" which I hoped being able to avoid with the development of ACC. Please take me back here by announcing some cool new MP stuff shortly after v1.0 :)

20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I am also subscribed to iRacing... and you know what? I haven't touched it since ACC 0.6. And I have many cars and tracks. I have spent on iRacing way more money than I have spent in AC and ACC combined, and probably it will remain like this even with all ACC DLCs that I hope will come. If I think about it, its iRacing who cheated me, not Kunos and ACC ;)

Coanda, jaxx_za, Arlo and 4 others like this.