1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

LOL. Yeah, this car is always at the head of an AI conga-line. There is an issue there.

Lawndart likes this.
  2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

3. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Nice spreadsheet. Could you add the power to weight ratio?

Rolz likes this.
  4. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Also, this car behaves more vindictively(?) I find it is more prone to erratic driving and running into you from behind in a slow turn well after an over-take. Sometimes I find myself in the gravel wondering what happened and on two occasions the replay showed the Gallardo late braking/plowing into the hairpin and taking me out (and to be fair, also any Ai in the area).Maybe this is by design - I seem to remember that they said the AI would mimic the driving characteristics of certain drivers. So maybe the issue is that they've designed this rolling wildcard, but have not yet devised a way for the "normal" AI to deal with it in overtaking. Either way, this cake is not yet fully baked. It might be time to walk away and do some Nurburgring laps in AC and get ready to stay up all night for the N24.

dek likes this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

Don't know what happened there?? Sorry.

Coanda likes this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

all good matey, no stress :)

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Cheers. No worries matey...

Add:
    - Porsche 911 GT3 R Height & Weight
    - Power to Weight Ratio + Rank
    - Adjusted Lamborghini Huracan ST to dry weight

acc_car_list_info.jpg

8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Awesome mate, thank you!

Coanda likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I am hoping one day the UI/showroom has some info regarding the race vehicle.

For example:-

Year: 2018
    Manufacturer: Nissan
    Vehicle: GT-R Nismo GT3
    Engine Mont: Front-Mid
    Engine: 3.8 lt V6 twin turbo
    Approx Torque: XXX @ XXXX RPM
    Approx HP: XXX @ XXXX RPM
    Approx Weight: XXX KG's
    Approx Weight Distribution: 50/50
    Length/Width/Height: X/Y/Z mm
    Wheeelbase: XXXX mm
    Front Track: XXXX mm
    Rear Track: XXXX mm
    Handling Performance: 9.1/10
    Downforce Performance: 8.8/10
    Speed Performance: 8.5/10
    Acceleration Performance: 8/10
    Brake Performance: 8.3/10
    Fuel Performance: 9/10
    Notes: Info taken from Aris useful blogs

10. Rolz

Rolz Alien

How many AI you loading up? I don’t recall having issue with 26 AI

11. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I just tried the release version for the first time and its "just one more race"-fun! Im much slower in this game than AC though and running 90% difficulty and 90% on aggressive but thats perfect and i have been getting some nice battles during the 2-3h i have played. AI feels much improved vs AC. I didnt have to mess around with ffb neither i only changed min force, lowered gain a bit and it was good to go! Sound is really good on the cars i have tried aswell and the GTR drives like a king! I hope the vr performance improves but its good enough to enjoy it at least. Good job Kunos!

Tundra likes this.
  13. After the 1.04 update i get real bad stuttering on nurburgring turns 2 to 3 . Has anyone else encountered this?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I still wonder when the singleplayer issues will be tackled.
    Of cause there is a majority of MP-mates out there but I really would like to get some improvements concerning SP soon as well.

15. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

This sums up the post launch version very well and echos what a lot of peoples thoughts are here.

I think we all can see quite clearly where this could go, and that potential more than rivals gtr2, a clear spiritual successor in fact. We have even sampled some missing stuff like the pit crews etc already. But to really complement the “just one more race” or “one more lap” feeling, the rough edges need to be smoothed out.

As silly as it sounds, pitting to a full pit crew is an awesome feeling after a bunch of lonely laps... it’s like the feeling of visiting a town to refresh your supplies after a long time in the wilderness in an RPG game lol. As dumb as that sounds, I know you all know what I mean.

warth0g, anthonylroy, Tundra and 3 others like this.
  16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Where is your 'Donate' button??:p
    Good stuff brother!

Lawndart and Coanda like this.
  17. plaid

plaid Alien

Removing the REX, Cup and Trofeo maybe helps somewhat but its not a solution.

The devs themeselves mentioned that the majority of people who bought ac actually never or rarely played the multiplayer. A big bunch of those probably don't play it for long, unlike the multiplayer crowd and fans of the genre in general, but still.
    Question if its a priority at all and what the publisher wants. The career mode isn't a good sign imo.

But even if its important for a dev its hard to make the ai overlap and pit in a multiple hour races in a competitive level. R3E, PCARs2 don't get it right and even RF2 seems to struggle with it according to two people. IF that ever works, it will probably take a long time - a time when the necessary hardware will be cheaper. :D

Whats really terrible is that you don't read it in the reviews of the games. They mention that you can do endurance races with weather and all, but obiviously don't bother to test it. And even the people who play those games much mostly don't know, while those features are often requested. A bit puzzling.

18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

The car is there, trust me. I tested it yesterday with as low as 10 opponents in Sprint mode and car# 15 (Gallardo R-EX) is there.
    Whether you run into this problem depends on the pace differential between the car in pole and the Gallardo (which varies from track to track) and the length of your races.
    So far it's happened to me in a 1Hr race at Silverstone (custom weekend) and 30min race at Brands (Sprint weekend).

19. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Kunos are up against themself in a big way. AC is quite literally an “evergreen” product that will remain supported in the sim community for decades. The Sol mod must have been a crushing blow to ACC.

But I respect the intention of ACC to really focus down on very specific details not as readily doable in a broader supported car game, but for it to shine It really needed a stronger launch. It really needed to raise the bar in obvious ways. And though I do think they did raise the bar, they aren’t so obvious to the folks still perfectly content with AC, and ACC is still on its back foot and though I do have high hopes, those 45% reviews in steam the 505 execs are seeing is likely a very uncomfortable dynamic.

Just having any two of this; a brilliant pit crew, more thought out career with proper customization, the inclusion of a simple single make feeder series for more sense of progression, proper 3x screens and VR optimizations prior to launch (expected mainstays in any proper sim to date), would have helped considerably. At least one USP so ACC can stand out also.

Edit: mod delete if needed as I can see this being a bit inflammatory if the constructive informative nature of the comment is missed.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Racert46 likes this.
  20. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

The advances made by ACC over AC are immense, irrespective of SOL. So I wouldn't call it a crushing blow, infact I barely race AC since ACC was released - feels previous gen in the context of ACC.

cooknn, F1Aussie, LeDude83 and 7 others like this.