1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Porsche 991 GT3 R

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 24, 2019.

1. pons

pons Simracer

The Nordschleife is very special setup wise, also Manthey one of the most experienced teams there.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

Nice one again!

Did you maybe consider, to implement these car-related Posts into the game in the Showroom section for example? It's giving quite a nice kind of depth to car choice decisions.^^

the_token, chksix, menos | M6 and 6 others like this.
  3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Wow, I'm surprised to know they used to have MacPherson suspension on a GT3 car.

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yeah, there are many factors, Manthey is a very competent team with lots of experience at the ring, the circuit itself is different from pretty much any other circuit, and also they have some of the best drivers available to them, I believe Manthey Racing usess all factory drivers from Porsche. At to that the different BoP and different tyres and you have a completely different story to Blancpain.

Considering that Blancpain uses a "make all the cars have a chance, but the better car is still faster" approach to BoP, it's not a surprise that the Porsche isn't too competitive with all the compromises on its design.

James P likes this.
  5. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Gamer

Porsche presented it to the crowd but the the "old" model won the race. This model also won ADAC GT Masters and Bathurst 12h. (Sure, all with different BoP)
    In 2017 the Küs 75 Team Bernhard could have won Spa 24h if they didn't get that big penalty for hitting a mechanic in the pits. In 2018 they also showed great pace until the crash at Spa. So despite the driving characteristics you describe correctly you don't have to wait for the 2019 version of the Porsche to win races I think

menos | M6 and Epistolarius like this.
  6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Well what a way to start the back to work day :) Thank you Aris for your time and hope you had a good brake from us, dev blog hungry users :D

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yeah GT3 cars have strict rules on suspension geometry. Suspension chassis points are also very close to original points. Out of memory I believe there is a 20mm range from original street car points.

chksix and Coanda like this.
  8. James P

James P Simracer

That was very unfortunate for the Bernhard squad last year with the Audi.. i think they were 4th at the time?

As the race went on they got stronger and stronger and simply drove away from the Manthey team having been fighting together in the early hours.

In fact it was a strange race for the Manthey car. Given their experience, i expected them to be faster than the KUS team who were relative new comers team wise, but it wasnt the case, even before the cars alternator problem furing the night.

2Lame2Aime likes this.
  9. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The Nurburgring is obviously very particular circuit. It requires softer suspensions and higher ride height. Both requirements are a disadvantage for cars with high undertray downforce elements. Not the case of the Porsche. Obviously better BoP and tyres for the Porsche also help. Finally, the Porsche is a capable car there's no doubt about that. In GT3 racing, the gap between a winning car and a mid field car is some mere tenths... so in a 24 hour race, anything can happen and the driver counts even more than the car.

TeroD, swigaffu, Son and 3 others like this.
  10. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Gamer

@James P I agree with you, but I think both Manthey and Bernhard got full Porsche support and Bernhard had (at least for me) the better driver line up. Kevin Estre and Laurens Vanthoor together were strong in 2017 at Spa and dominated Nürburgring 24h in 2018 and 2019. Vanthoor is like a guarantee for good pace.

menos | M6 likes this.
  11. James P

James P Simracer

@2Lame2Aime Yes they were both given full works support including drivers.

I think the strongest lineups in both cars would have been:

Manthey Car
    Makoweicki
    Tandy (for Werner)
    Christensen (for Dumas)

Team Bernhard car:
    Vanthoor
    Estre (for Bernhard)
    Bamber

I think those combinations would have been far more competitive at Spa last year and would have challenged for the podium. Estre and Vanthoor together are a killer combo as you say.

Honourable mentions for the juniors of Jaminet and Matty Campbell though, those 2 guys will be established Porsche stars in a couple of years time.

2Lame2Aime likes this.
  12. dek

dek Racer

...and still it manages to win races, even in the 2018 spec Version.:p

Great car.

13. dek

dek Racer

And several other minor changes. Fuel Tank position for example, lighter Gearbox, undertray,...

The double wishbones are much stiffer, have a way better camber curve and they are able to run uniballs which makes the front more responsible. Also they separate the forces going into the coil shock which results in better damper construction and better response.

For better weight distribution some teams even use a massive steel plate near the front splitter and move the fuel tank more to the back by modifying the firewall in the front of the cockpit...

14. James P

James P Simracer

Great info there @dek thanks for that!

dek likes this.
  15. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Holymoly, always a pleasure when Infos like those hit my brain!

16. dek

dek Racer

You know the guy who sets up the street cars for Porsche? You should, its Walter Röhrl. That alone says much.

17. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Can't wait to test that car on the whole Nurb track!

Yeah, i know, no greenhell, just let me pretend...

Btw, 991 ? 911 ?
    And despite the car name i totally agree those descs should be ingame too !

18. 991 is the actual model of the 911. better 991.2 :)

2Lame2Aime likes this.
  19. dek

dek Racer

When he is not overseeing double yellows ...:(. But yes, he is very good. He nearly had catched up the 5 min penalty they got on Sunday. Even Estre was not able to reduce it significantly in his stint.

Manthey is Porsche works Team. Also in WEC and IMSA. But Olaf has retired and gave the scepter to the Raeder brothers who also have a long history at Nords. ( I remember the Audi TT SP4 or 5 Car with which they had won a VLN Race in front of Olafs GT3 and others..) They support Bernhard ( Ex Manthey driver)for example, Falken and a new team which is competing in GT Masters.
    They also support some of the 911 Cup Teams and Chrzanowski Racing in VLN. Chrzanowski for example, is using a 991 Cup MR SP7 Car. MR stands for Manthey Racing. Its equipped with some wider body parts and a flat undertray.

You can see the MR in my avatar. Heavily modded one.:)

20. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Gamer

Not to forget Sven Müller ;)^^
    Nice info! I think they also designed the Cayman Cup car which is a modified Cayman GT4..
    I'd really like to see how Estre, L. Vanthoor and Bamber would performe together in a full Blancpain Endurance cup season. Or an oldschool line up with Timo Bernhard, Lucas Luhr and Marc Lieb :D

menos | M6 and dek like this.