1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Porsche 991 GT3 R

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 24, 2019.

1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

When I bought a PC for this game, I thought that I would use mostly only Porsche. But im could not cope with it ... and could not adjust. In corner he goes straight and I do not know what to do about it. :confused:

Does it seem to me or was it a completely different car in AC? He was like a brother to me, I loved him.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

First thing I would do, based on my understanding that you push too much on the brakes while turning in... I'd raise a lot the ABS setting. Try first with ABS set at 7-8 and come back again and let me know if it improves. From your feedback I will understand your driving style and see if we can improve in other areas

romandevision likes this.
  3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Did you try the aggressive setup? That one to me feels more like the car in AC.
    Maybe a bit more tail-happy and unstable in general, but certainly not understeery. ;)

Also keep in mind that the car is very load-senstive. With a lot of fuel the balance will be different to an almost empty car.

4. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Thanks for the advice, I will try. There are problems with pressing the brake (if you can call it a brake, I have to wait another year and a half to move to a new house, so I have to use an xbox controller:(). I'll write what happened).

Yes)) I used the aggressive setting + my setting. Im used the Race Tool and noticed that I press the brake in 70% of different places, brake too early or too late. Therefore, the reason I lose 1 second (not always, but often). The standard aggressive tuning scares me that the tail is wagging from side to side, so I had to strengthen the springs to rear.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Try what I wrote on the last page: aggressive setup + 130 Nm preload on the diff and 1-2 clicks lower rear ARB.
    Works nicely for me. :)

Olivier Boissel likes this.
  6. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I used Google, but could not understand how the differential works in motor sports. What is his working principle?

7. Aristotelis

Ahhhh there it is then. Unfortunately the controller you use, doesn't let you modulate properly the braking power while turning in.
    Raising a lot the ABS setting will help you, because the ABS will try to not lock the wheels while turning. Yes you will lose some braking distance in the straight, but you'll have less understeer while turning in.
    Also you will need to learn to release the brake totally at some point, EVEN if you think that you're going wide from understeer.

8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yes, I understand that it is silly to play ACC on a gamepad, but I have no choice. :(
    This is very valuable advice, I am grateful to you again!
    I also thank you for the feedback - I do not know who, except Kunos, answer the user with the gamepad)

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Doesn't the controller have analogue inputs on the index fingers? I thought those are used to apply throttle/brakes and you could use them to modulate them.
    A differential in principle allows the inner and outer wheel to turn at completely different speeds.
    Normally that is a desired effect, since the inner and outer wheels in corners have a different turning radius and thus are running at different (angular) speeds.

A differential lock prevents exactly that and forces the wheels to turn at the same or similar speed depending on the locking strength.
    There are two different situations, locking under acceleration, which is used to counter-act wheel spin at the corner exit and locking under braking, which is used to reduce single brake locking of the rear wheels (and can improve braking stability to some degree).
    However both have negative effects, in the acceleration phase you will get understeer, in the braking phase it can decrease the stability of the rear when trailbraking (braking into a corner).
    Pre-load (which is the only setting currently in ACC for the 911 iirc) defines the pre-loading of the locking mechanism.

The effect of pre-loading is mainly that the transition between the acceleration phase and braking phase is softer, because the wheel speeds do not divert as much as they normally would.

btw: a wheel – even a mediocre one – is a really great investment for simracing, because it's just so much more fun to drive a racing sim with a wheel. :)

10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Now I understand what it is about, thanks for the detailed answer! Before that, I saw only the themes of differential and offroad :D).

I agree with you, the steering wheel is a great investment, but the problem is not money, but a place at home. I bought an apartment in a house that is being built and the developer promises to hand over by the end of 2020, so I am forced to live with my parents - they agreed to accept me for a while )

11. Aristotelis

No worries m8. Everybody starts from somewhere and in your case you also have space issues. It's good that you can still enjoy your passion.
    The driving in ACC is all about modulating with precision, especially the braking while turn in. Obviously with the small movements of a gamepad, the whole "modulation" game is much more difficult for you. Try as I said the higher ABS values, they should help you.
    Let us know how it is going and what you feel, and we will build from there.

12. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yes, your statement is completely correct! And inspires not to leave the case because of the difficulties) I will come back here after testing. With statistics and screenshots. ;)

Aristotelis likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That makes sense, but there is light at the horizon, I guess. :)

But don't worry. When we ran the Streetfight servers for AC, there were 2-3 guys who were driving with an XBOX controller and they were quick.
    Actually one of the quickest on our servers was driving with mouse steering. o_O
    So it is possible to have a lot of fun using these controllers and it's also possible to be very quick. :)

But of course, nothing beats a proper wheel and pedals. :p

14. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

This post makes me very happy - playing with the controller I feel defective (even ashamed somehow). But now much less. :rolleyes:
    Of course, the steering wheel and pedals> everything else.

15. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Never do that and never let ANYONE tel you how YOU should enjoy YOUR racing.

You might race ACC with a salad cucumber stuck on a pencil and you are just enjoying ACC as much as the next guy.

... which brings me to ... I have seen him once kill three guys in a bar with a pencil, ... with a freaking P E N C I L . Babayaga.

16. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Focus on your time that you have and get out most of it! There will be always bigger fishes, in every aspect of our lives (I talk in this way to myself also) keep up, enjoy, don't make yourself smaller as you are, cause you're not!

17. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Your words are so convincing that I have nothing to say in response. :eek::D

Thanks for the support!

I drove yesterday ~ 20 laps on Porsche ... and I am very pleased - the best lap (Monza): 1: 49: 8xx :)

menos | M6 likes this.
  18. I'm trying to run two steps softer springs at Spa with my current setup. While the car feels much better exiting corners and in the slower corners all together, it's rather unstable getting through the quicker corners (softer springs mean more aero balance shift under braking and weight transfer). I feel I could fix this by further somewhat adjusting my dampers (they could be better, I set them once and left them since they worked), but I wonder if there's anything else I could do to help it in the Mechanical Grip tab.
    I don't have much experience setting up bumpstops or bumpstop rates, so I wouldn't know where to start with those and I can't feel the changes in handling they provide.

I've attached the normal setup I run for Spa if anyone wants to toy around with it.

Attached Files:

19. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Hello again)

I'm still testing and the front suspension settings are great (Misano, Nurburgring, Monza) - I've already had some great races.

But there is one problem - with the rapid movement of the steering wheel (in my case - sticks) begins to tear down the rear wheels. Adjustment of the differential to the level of 150-160 helps. Is it a lot?

I've had to reinforce the rear suspension(Misano). Strong enough, otherwise the Tokyo drift begins. :confused:

Hexadecimator likes this.
  20. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Friends, I've figured it out.

Again, everything was decided by the strengthening of the rear suspension, differential 120-130.
    Misano: 1:36:543 (could even 1:35:xxx, but it was the night I wanted to sleep)
    TC - 2
    ABS - 5
    Map: 6

I'm impressed with this car and I love it.)