1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Sector2

Is there any guide? Also how could I use it to learn from fast guys if I do not have their datas?

2. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

It's tough trying to be fast like most of you guys.

I've watched lap after lap on YouTube and the main thing I noticed was the ability to take corners flat was the difference between their and my laps.

In my mind I put it down to those guys having a magic setup that allowed them to do such things.

Reality hit home when I took their posted setups and was still 5 seconds off of their times at Spa, for example. That's when I realised I had nobody to blame but myself :D

3. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

What about that 3Y M6? Should be easy to provide since we already have the car in 2018.

4. McGraw

McGraw Racer

there is a blog section here on how to set up the software

You could ask someone fast on here for some hot lap telemetry?

however if you just use your own sector times you can see the sections in which you are quickest and then compare those laps. It’s likely that you are capable of being fast it’s just about stringing it all together.

the most important part is editing the sector times properties of your fast, legal laps to show your rolling best and eclectic laps.

5. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Its all about being the best version YOU can be, dont care about others really. :) It will kill the fun.

6. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Watching my laps would be mostly pointless since I'm slow but consistently so.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

In most cases consistency is more important then outright pace

ignission likes this.
  8. redadeg

redadeg Racer

My friend is faster than me, but I ein nearly every race against him :)

9. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I don't really care as much a i did about lap times , my madness lies in being consistent now, I was never able to be within a second or two , of the better drivers, but consistency for me is now more of a challenge

10. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Yeah, but being 2/3 seconds off pace means you'll NEVER ever reach podium...

I usually end midfield 8 to 16th in organized races

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

No, but is that a problem? Enjoy the racing and work your way up :)

12. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Rome was not built in a day. I think an increase in speed comes in spurts, you do one fast lap and you find that you can do that lap time on a regular basis. I find that relaxing makes such a big difference. CC has go it right , dont think about lap times just apexs and exists :)

13. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Oh I enjoy myself a lot, else I would have dropped out simracing long ago... I would just want to get that bit faster to race with the faster guys without being ashamed. And maybe once in a year maybe get close to podium

Most of my issue come from being totally unable to tune... a fast guy sent me his setup before a race and I was 1.2 seconds faster at spa then before... but still a good 2.5 seconds from pole

14. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't know that trying to mimic the pros is all that beneficial. The fact is they get trained on how to break down a track so they know where to put in the effort, and how to get through corners as fast as possible. If you don't have that training you will find it difficult to follow them. I think untrained practice will only get you so far, I think it's as important to be reading the same books as professional drivers so that you know how they go about being fast, practice brings consistency but speed takes knowledge. There are a lot of fairly in debt videos on youtube about every aspect of racing that are designed for real world drivers.

I know there are a lot of sim racer guides too and while they can be good it's second hand knowledge at that stage, they are a middle man in a way and it's best to get things from people who have made a career out of teaching driving.

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The reality is a setup at the end of the day is worth at most half a second if that. I run stock aggressive in the Lambo, just setting tyre pressure fairly happily.

The setup won’t make the car “faster” as such, it can make the driver more comfortable in the car though and that in turn will allow him to push a bit more

mike reynolds and Freddie Seng like this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Maybe for someone as gifted like yourself. For me a setup to my liking is worth more than a half second.

Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  17. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Depends a bit on your driving style.
    If the default setup fits your driving style you can get very good laptimes with it.

19. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Talking about practice, I came accross an interesting video from Empty Box on the subject a while ago

edit: oh, and another one in the recommendations just now

20. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think the setup should come into it that much. Professional drivers extract as much performance as the car has, I think that until a driver can get close to that maximum then setups aren't really going to be a magic bullet. I don't think people should be focused on trying to make the car go faster and should be almost entirely focused on driving the car better. Setups seem like a wild goose chase if you don't know the fastest way around the track already.

I'm still learning and when I manage to reduce my lap times it's got very little to do with setup, it's mostly due to being a bit braver through corners, or finding a better entry or exit, or just becoming more familiar with the track. I've figured out the track better, rather than found some more performance out of the car.

I don't really have a lot of confidence with setups though, I get my tyres in the right window and that's about it. I don't have time to test so I think my time is better spent getting as familiar as I can with the track.