1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Yet to Purchase AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by aelc89, Apr 1, 2014.

1. aelc89

aelc89 Rookie

Hi all - Just a quick question.

I have been after a good racing simulator for a while for the PC and AC has caught my eye!

I am not a massive racing game player, played the usual stuff on consol, Grid/Gran Turismo but never with a wheel.

I would be playing with an xbox 360 controller for the time being, but reading around there is a lot of tweaking to be done to get the controller settings right? Is it worth the hassle or just wait for proper release?

Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Yet Another Championship Glitch? Sep 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is the game playable yet? Sep 28, 2020
    ACC Tools Yet another Fuel Calculator app - iPhone Aug 23, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Yet another AC game crashing problem Aug 1, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Yet another RC Question..... Apr 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I love the 5 point tire model, and haven't tried it yet! Jul 20, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC v1.05 the most unstable yet Jun 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions German esports league MSRL is running (yet another) ACC league Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Why you shouldn't race 24h SP races yet... Jun 10, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer There's no server API yet right? May 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Q1 release promise broken, yet no new date communicated? EDIT: there is a date now Apr 12, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting V0.7.1 - Cannot start ACC - "Steam not started yet" Apr 8, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting V0.7.1 - Cannot start ACC - "Steam not started yet" Apr 4, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues yet another, "connection issue: the server seems to be unavailable" Mar 10, 2019

3. denizen

denizen Racer

I couldn't comment as I use wheel/pedals/shifter. I don't understand how anyone has fun playing sims with a controller! Not meant to be an attack but if you tried a wheel with AC, you'll have a blast :)

Colt Rogers, dkwuan, tabis and 2 others like this.
  4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'd advise you to get involved sooner rather than later. Yes the game is still in development and yes there are a lot of things that need to be fixed/ironed out but to date AC is a very good sim compared to established games.

Also, to get the best from any sim I'd urge you to buy a wheel. You don't have to spend hundreds of pounds/euros/dollars but you get what you pay for.

dkwuan and tabis like this.
  5. aelc89

aelc89 Rookie

I both understand where you are coming from re purchasing a wheel, but..... I cant justify to the misses buying the game £40 then dropping £150.oo+ on a wheel before I have even played the game! Any idea when the game is due for full release?

6. denizen

denizen Racer

I bought my wheel over 5 years ago and have used it on many race sims, not just one. Hardly bank breaking!

tabis likes this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Take the wheel out of the misses car, then she will go wtf. You come in to the rescue and say you will go get a wheel, come back with a sim wheel then say oh bummer doesnt seem to fit your car. Then say wtf am I meant to do with this wheel and suggest buying AC may solve that problem and your done. Put wheel back in the misses car and your all sorted. ;)

Voodoo, spiritofsenna and nivadepi like this.
  8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Like I said, you don't have to spend £150 on a wheel. You can buy a half decent one for around £60 to at least give you an idea of what you're missing out on :p
    No-one really knows when full release will come but if you buy the game pre-release you'll get some otherwise paid for goodies for free i.e tracks/cars etc.

9. aelc89

aelc89 Rookie

You guys are certainly convincing me... The Logitech G27 looks the way to go?

Backmarker likes this.
  10. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

And your wife hasn't tried to kill you yet? ;) :D

Backmarker likes this.
  11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Very good choice :)

Backmarker and Darren Blythe like this.
  12. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

That is a great wheel... I have the older G25 and have had it for about 6 years. You will not regret it :)

Backmarker likes this.
  13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Ditto, although I now have the T500RS, but for someone just getting started it's a bit on the pricey side.

I had the G25 for about 5 or 6 years and it was pretty much bullet proof. Logitech have an excellent customer support if things go wrong.

14. aelc89

aelc89 Rookie

Is there much difference between the G25/G27, excuse my laziness for not searching but would rather hear reviews from people that have a good couple years of usage.

15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Yes, it is a good bang for the buck ratio, for what it offers, probably the best such ratio. It has 900° wheel rotation and FFB, which are two essential musts for a wheel, imo. Clutch and shifter are boni. You can get it occasionally for as cheap as 250 Euros, but you have to watch out for that opportunity, at least here in Germany.

I upgraded from an already very good 250° wheel, the Ferrari 430, and I never regretted that upgrading. It makes a huge difference, really.

Note that currently, AC has a general 20% cut on its final price, it will be full price once 1.0 is out, which probbaly will be in 4-6 weeks, I estimate. You also currently get the first DLC for free once its out - this will also cost you money when you buy AC after it has gone 1.0

So if you want to join, this is the best time to do it. Maybe you can hope for another sales day at Steam over Easter, but since they already had two such events since winter, I would not count on it.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

P.S. German Amazon currently, at the time of posting this, has it for 235 Euros, which is a very good price. If you live in Europe (Britain?), you can order it here with no additional stress, just the delivery takes a bit longer, maybe a week. Telling by experience - I ocasionally ordered at British Amazon.

http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-G27-R..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396352333&sr=8-1&keywords=g27

P.P.S. I mean the wheel for 235 Euros, not the game. :D

17. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

The main differences between the G25 and G27 are:

G25 can switch between sequential gears and 6 speed H-Pattern. The G27 Just has H-Pattern.
    G27 uses a finer mesh gear transmission.
    G27 has 6 assignable buttons on wheel but G25 only has 2. N.B - Both wheels also have flappy paddles on the wheel.
    G27 has spacing and offset options on the pedals. G25 doesn't.

18. aelc89

aelc89 Rookie

Thanks for all your input. I have seen on PC World in the UK, I can order the G27 for £200 next day store pick up. Now just to decide if i bite the bullet!

Colt Rogers and Backmarker like this.
  19. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Beat me to it...

Just to add, the G25 can be quite a noisy beast but I believe the G27 is a little quieter - "G27 uses a finer mesh gear transmission." so if you intend playing late at night and your walls are thin I'd suggest the G27, or something else (the T500 is as quiet as a mouse compared :))

20. endgame

endgame Racer

G27 is loud in my opinion. Still a great wheel though and good value against Fanatec/Thrustmaster. Mine is going strong after almost 3 years of regular use.

21. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

If you enjoy driving sims, not just racing games there is no question about it. Bear in mind in pc sims you have to make up your own fun. Career modes are rare and most of the guys get their kick from hotlaping solo on a track, racing the AI which is not ready yet or multiplayer, which is also not ready. However once you get involved you will discover there are many games and many mods. If you are more of a casual nfs, grid, dirt gamer try AC with a pad. If then you still have the desire to drive more buy a wheel.

tabis likes this.