1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Yet to Purchase AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by aelc89, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

One page per post soon for you Shaddix, if your signature gets any bigger. :D

Shaddix likes this.
  2. Turk

Turk Alien

The thing about cheap wheels is that you won't know what a good wheel feels like. I had the Thrustmaster FB430, it only has something like 200 degrees of rotation and cheap pedals but it worked fine for me. It wasn't until I upgraded to a fanatec wheel that I discovered the flaws in the wheel I had before. The bottom line is though you can have great fun with a cheap wheel as long as you haven't tried an expensive one you won't know the difference.

The wheel does make a difference though, it becomes a simulator over a game and it's much easier to implement advanced driving skills with a wheel that has force feedback, you can get more immersed in the game. Plus with FB turned up I consider it a form of exercise. :D Spend an hour in AC with a wheel trying to get a good time or in a race and you'll be wreaked after it.

Colt Rogers likes this.
  3. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

AC is definitely worth the asking price, but in a different way to what you might expect. It's almost embarrassingly light on features at the moment, and to be honest looks like it will remain so for a while. But what it does do, it does brilliantly enough to warrant the price of admission and the included content is first class. Just remember you're buying a little slice of the future, not necessarily the present.

Congrats on the G27 BTW. You'll soon be wondering how you ever managed without it. I know it seems like a big investment right now, but 5 years down the line it'll be the best purchase you ever made. ;)

Skybird, spiritofsenna and Horus like this.
  4. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Yes, my brother wants to post his own rsr livebanner aswell :/

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

We will wait and see. :)I estimated summer earlier, but when I now stick to their 2-weeks-schedule and version number dateline, then this is because empirical data shows they have behaved like that all past 4 months long, and second: because a public speech (I think) by Marco Massarutto at a little celebration where they got some Italian industry award not long ago, and where he said AC would be released "in April".:D Also, another hint, in September they plan (with the focus on "plan") to release the Nordschleife, and Marco wrote some longer time ago that a track takes them around 5 months to do. From April to September, it is five months :p

Adding all that together, April 25th or May 2nd are reasonable guesses for the arrival of 1.0 :cool:.

I cannot see this developing lasting until September. Not at all. If you think of it, not many features and content are left.

I made my case. "Say that I lie, cowboy!" :mad:

:rolleyes:

Colt Rogers likes this.
  6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I would have payed three times the full price already in November.

A good wheel is the best gadget for racing sims, obviously, but best purchase ever? :D One could say the same about TrackIR and its paramount importance for flightsims in general and PMDG flightdecks and DCS stuff in special. Or a solid HOTAS solution. ;)

TrackIR pays off in pack racing, too.

7. Psit

Psit Alien

G27 Rattles like a little *****, G25 doesnt :D

8. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

As others have said, it's a bit light on features/game modes/content if you're used to GT/Forza type games, but if you are looking for the best simulation of driving and top quality physics then AC is already top of the pile. I've had more than my moneys worth already and that's just hotlapping, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the cars we already have available. Also take into account that this is a long term project for the developers, so you're looking at 5+ years of development and added features to come. There will obviously be some paid DLC to purchase during that time as they have to keep funding this project, but if the quality remains at the current standard (i'm certain the quality of content will only get better as we go along and it's already excellent) it will be more than worth it.

Spend a lot of time <3km/h do you?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    spiritofsenna likes this.
  9. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

DFGT did the same till I turned off the nasty rumble effects, tbh I thought the wheel was broke the noises it was making.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Psit, is right the G27 does have a distinct noise all of it's own. It is just the way they are made, it makes very little difference to the overall effects the wheel produces. For the first year or two the G27 was reasonably quiet but has developed a noise over time. The G25 has a different noise, but it is no louder and to be honest I like the G25 more but miss the extra buttons that you get on the G27.

Then again the best wheel I ever owned was the Fanatec Porsche, the belt drive made it smooth, accurate and so strong I had to have both arms re-attached before turning the strength down a bit. :)

11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it can be okish on gamepad, but it's bit more on the twitchy / difficult to control side

once you get the hang of it, you will like it, but it's definitely not the Grid/Granturismo way of driving

12. BuDWiZe

BuDWiZe Gamer

i put up my moneys soon as the the pre release ame out. im already over 70 hours and got more than my moneys worth before even 1.0 is out. the latest update really turned it up a notch to

13. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

So happy to see newcomers to AC as I was in a similar position to yourself recently. I had been a console guy for many years but owned a FANATEC CSR Elite and Clubsport V2 pedals that I used for XBOX360 and Forza 4. I had been getting more and more frustrated with all of Microsofts bull**** and finally had enough.

The day that I had enough was the GREATEST day in my gaming history. I sold my newly acquired XBOX ONE, only 2 weeks old at that point, and got myself a decent mid level PC. I ONLY made this big move to acquire Assetto Corsa and it has not only been justified but AC is absolutely everything that I've wanted from a racing/sim game. As stated above the "features" are not comparable to all the console "toys" but if we are talking the HEART of the experience then AC has it in spades. The FEEL that you get when behind the wheel of any car in AC are just so PURE and tactile.

I'll stop rambling on before I get started but long story short me making the switch from console to PC has proven to be the most fulfilling decision in gaming of my life. You can't go wrong with AC and the timing to get in is impeccable due to the level of development especially as of late. Good luck and don't be afraid it will pay off in the long run.

The Moose and Shaddix like this.
  14. aelc89

aelc89 Rookie

Hi All - experience my first hour on AC tonight on my g27 and I must say I had a right blast! Many more hours of fun to be had thats for sure! Quick troubleshooting question, on the G27, does any one else's RPM counter or lights on the steering wheel not light up when going through gears or is it just me?

Thanks

RelapseUK likes this.
  15. Mr_A

Mr_A Simracer

quick answer. it doesn't light up here either. But it works in other sims, don't worry, its not broken :p

16. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

You got the game and the wheel ! Good for you !

Everyone was tellin you straight, it's a blast with a wheel ain't it ?

Darren Blythe likes this.
  17. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Great post as always Colt, AC rocks don't it ? :D

18. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

There is a program that will fix this.

Google Fanaleds