1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. AlienGTR

AlienGTR Racer

Attached Files:

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  2. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

EDIT: Burned by AlienGTR

Attached Files:

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  3. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

@pankykapus @Minolin

we need to have (much) more control on the weather settings.

the current system, even with the new option, is just not good enough.

not even close.

4. laszlo barzo

laszlo barzo Racer

This post is likely to be the most useless post in this thread.

Titi Colectinha likes this.
  5. truekera

truekera Rookie

Is it possible to run ACC Server on Linux? via wine is only possible to run 32bit version, although everywhere is 64bit now
    // solution - update wine to 5.0

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  6. vatanuki.kun

vatanuki.kun Rookie

im runnig in docker, here is my setup
    Code:
    FROM fedora:30

RUN dnf -y update && dnf -y install wine && useradd -m user

USER user
    WORKDIR /home/user
    ENV HOME /home/user

RUN wine wineboot --init && wine --version

Code:
    version: "2"
    services:
      acc1:
        container_name: acc1
        restart: unless-stopped
        build: ./wine
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.1
        ports:
          - "9901:9901/udp"
          - "9901:9901/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/1:/home/user/ds"
        working_dir: /home/user/ds
        command: wine accServer.exe
      acc2:
        container_name: acc2
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.2
        ports:
          - "9902:9902/udp"
          - "9902:9902/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/2:/home/user/ds"
      acc3:
        container_name: acc3
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.3
        ports:
          - "9903:9903/udp"
          - "9903:9903/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/3:/home/user/ds"
      acc4:
        container_name: acc4
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.4
        ports:
          - "9904:9904/udp"
          - "9904:9904/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/4:/home/user/ds"
      acc5:
        container_name: acc5
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.5
        ports:
          - "9905:9905/udp"
          - "9905:9905/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/5:/home/user/ds"
      acc6:
        container_name: acc6
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.6
        ports:
          - "9906:9906/udp"
          - "9906:9906/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/6:/home/user/ds"
      acc7:
        container_name: acc7
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.7
        ports:
          - "9907:9907/udp"
          - "9907:9907/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/7:/home/user/ds"
      acc8:
        container_name: acc8
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.8
        ports:
          - "9908:9908/udp"
          - "9908:9908/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/8:/home/user/ds"
      acc9:
        container_name: acc9
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.9
        ports:
          - "9909:9909/udp"
          - "9909:9909/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/9:/home/user/ds"
      acc10:
        container_name: acc10
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.10
        ports:
          - "9910:9910/udp"
          - "9910:9910/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/10:/home/user/ds"
      acc0:
        container_name: acc0
        networks:
          default:
            ipv4_address: 10.0.100.11
        ports:
          - "9900:9900/udp"
          - "9900:9900/tcp"
        volumes:
          - "/mnt/3tb/ds/acc/0:/home/user/ds"
    networks:
      default:
        driver_opts:
          "com.docker.network.bridge.name": "docker0s100"
    #      "com.docker.network.bridge.enable_ip_masquerade": "false"
        ipam:
          config:
            - subnet: 10.0.100.0/24
              gateway: 10.0.100.254

but also im watching this thread and waiting for native linux version
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/dedicated-server-for-linux.54083/

truekera likes this.
  7. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

Has anyone checked the assistRules, it doesn't work here . disabling idealine and its still active in private server.

8. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

i agree, your post is likely to be the most useless post in this thread.

9. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Typing /restart or /restart session during an event resets the session and timer, but not the ingame hour currently. Probably a bug.

Happened with us at Kyalami when resetting practice.

10. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I had a problem this weekend with the setting for preRaceWaitingTime where I made 120s but when we got to that session it made it 12 seconds. Is there a problem with using 3 digits or was this just a one-off problem for me?

11. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

Code:
    "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
    dont work?

12. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I haven't tried it again but the original file I uploaded was written that way. It bailed the 0 though. Not sure why. I have been on servers since with 120+ seconds so adunno. Possibly just a one off glitch.

13. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

which track?
    Brands Hatch all good

14. Creegz

Creegz Racer

We were doing Monza. 24hr practice skipped at race time, 15m Quali and 1hr Race session.

15. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

In regards to my question above about assistRules , shouldn't it be making a text file in the current folder?, It's not for me..anyone actually tested this and have it work?.

16. vatanuki.kun

vatanuki.kun Rookie

i just tested for you
    Code:
    "disableIdealLine": 1
    it worked for me on private server, file should be located in cfg/ folder with other config files

HemiR likes this.
  17. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

Thanks , did it create a assistrules in the current state of server folder?. Mine does not, tested assistrules Json in validator so should be ok.. will test and check again.. thank you again for testing yours.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Regarding assist rules.
    What are the very obvious reasons? must public servers be dumbed down to the point nobody wants to use them? Why lower the standards of public servers to that of the most casual when I think you would be better off trying to encourage the more serious league type racers into public servers. These are the guys that will give even the newer casual racers an example of what good clean racing can be. There are many better more serious racers that would love better pickup racing but sadly in ACC even with the cool ratings it fails massively in this area and good racers will avoid public servers entirely. Leaving it to mostly casuals and new users and generally low standard racing that gives a poor image for all in these servers of ACC MP in general.

If the goal is to push everyone into CP servers this makes no sense as there aren't enough of them for the user base and its also limited in the regions these are available. Many server admins would gladly fill this niche but we have no tools available to do so, all the decent racing in ACC is in private servers hidden from the lobby. The only way to find these is by searching the internet for private groups, new users don't see these at all and only see a mess of a lobby, poor quick join option and the lucky few may see a cp server but many still cant join.

Personally I am someone that would greatly encourage and use public servers, also run servers that offer more then a dumbed down basic limited version of what is possible in private servers. I would also run some open league nights if we had full control over what can be done in public servers (well they are public but run and funded privately ;)) The way it is currently in my region I have no interest in doing either and use ACC purely on private servers.

If we allowed were to have all private server options then get extra features that would be much more encouraging and also the main feature needed is ping limits set by server admins. Such as allow multi race weekends officially that could set grid from past race results or any qualy session. This could also allow for example 3 sprint races with q1 setting grid 1 then reverse grid for all that finish on lead lap race 2, race 3 can be from the combined results of r1 and r2. Other cool things like that would help spice up even short format sprint races for both public and private league servers.

I think ACC is a great base but some decisions on what can or cant be done in public servers really takes away any interest in using or running them. I am sure that's not the intent of devs but if the quick join feature is what is limiting people then allow admins to remove their servers from quick join. I see no use for that feature at all, the user has no control over what sort of server they join or even what ping it will be. :rolleyes: If quick join had a basic slider where people can choose session lengths, number of users, tracks, max ping, and assists allowed then this could be a valuable feature.

For me I have used it a few times and each time it put me in a server 300ms or higher latency, also when we run public servers in Australia and get a few in quick join dumps all the huge pings into our servers making it pointless to even run a public server in this region.

If the main issue is the UI not explaining how a server is setup and what race rules they have, this is just as much of an issue in private servers as pubic ones. ;)

ZenRazo likes this.
  19. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

20. Creegz

Creegz Racer

You're over-complicating a simple thing. A ping limit I agree on 100% however bad latency is not the end of the world with a consistent connection. I have a guy from South Africa and a guy from Brazil who connect to my server that is hosted in Kansas. I am in British Columbia too. Our distance is a bit far but the reliability of our internet makes driving side by side a non-issue.

As for limiting assists on the servers I don't see a reason for that which won't result in losing players. Almost every league I've played in any game people fly off the handle if you even breach the topic of doing no-assists. F1 2019 having Medium TC and Corner Only driving line with TV Pod camera are standard even in the eSports league. Instead of having a new player, or a casual player, go into a server only to find it doesn't allow them to play the way they would like to would be off putting. Filtering out the servers is doable but with how many tiny configurations people can do including time multipliers and weather multipliers you could end up with someone filtering out 90% of the servers and then they will perceive the game as dead.

Competition servers I agree need to be more plentiful and the schedule more frequent and transparent. Waiting 2 hours for it to start at my prime playing time in the day is not great for me.

My league has a private server for practice only and a public server that we turn private for a couple hours every Saturday for our race. People are free to join and spectate. I race on that server throughout the week with some of my guys for foot traffic. If people enjoy they can join the league. --With that I would love a MOTD option, or some sort of repeat message in chat.