1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

You know what they say, "you can't teach common sense!" Just goes to prove even iracing doesn't have the monopoly on unsafe rejoins and to think this was a top split CP server.

2. Props to the guy who put him back in exactly the same place he came from.

3. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I am the Bentley (421), the driver in front had made a couple of mistakes. Actually rather than mistakes, he just wasn't very smooth.
    I watched him go off track and decided to move closer to put him under more pressure, but (I think) he brake checked me (or he just broke very early).
    However, I still think it was my fault, but what do you think?
    Can you dive bomb on the outside?

4. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think he just braked early, this is a quite tricky brakezone because it is blind. I can tell from experience (no incident though)

The better choice of you would have been to take the inside line to the corner.
    I don't think it is a good idea to drive to close behind a car you don't trust with the braking points. Better take the free line when approaching a corner.

5. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

It's also a difficult braking zone because the braking isn't straight compared to the track. Start braking straight in the middle of the track ends up on the white line on the outside.

Agree with Felge, if you show your nose to the inside he might out brake himself, if not you can just tuck in behind.

Thug likes this.
  6. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

I'd say its on you, as the car ahead (and considering you had no overlap) he has the right to choose his own line and braking point (within reason, which this was) and you need to avoid hitting him. He did brake a bit early, but his brakes lights were on for almost a second before you hit your brakes, that's a longer reaction time than should be expected if you were paying due attention and driving as safely as possible, so fault would go to you imo.

aotto1977 and Thug like this.
  7. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

The brake lights on the Porsche are extremely week compared to the Bentley. All most to a point that I want to ask a dev about that. Wouldn't surprise me if you didn't see them.
    You should assume that when a car hits the grass like the Porsche did on the prior corner he may need a little extra brake distance till he clears the junk from his tires. I think that might be why be caught you off guard. He was maybe worried about overshooting. You should have been setting up on the left immediately when he jumped back on the line from his little off. Would have been a super easy pass.
    Your fault but, But if I were in the Porsche I would have stayed left and forced you to go around the outside, giving me the best chance of keeping the position while giving you racing room. So It probably would not have been a crash.

Thug and After_Midnight like this.
  8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

But surely only if it went correctly it may have been a super easy pass, but if it didn’t (like if he had turned in early) it would have a dive bomb.

BTW, I actually gained SA on this lap.

9. Great summary :)

10. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Also the approach to that corner naturally pushes you over to the right, which could be another reason why he moved over, and more of a reason to go left.

After_Midnight likes this.
  11. dave967

dave967 Racer

that guy in the Aston was a total jerk, he wrecked the Benz and broke track rules to keep the Benz behind him and then got the dt.

AndyK70 likes this.
  12. Krug59

Krug59 Gamer

13. Much better to show the actual driver cockpit view and not the go pro style, that doesn’t help us potentially see what the driver did.

I’d say Ferrari fault sort of because the Benz was pretty much clear and sometimes you gotta be smart enough to back out of a side by side and let them go.

On the other hand I don’t trust anyone to go side by side up eau rouge...

deni80s likes this.
  14. Felge Schneider

I'd blame the Merc, he turned in on him before the overtake was completed. And that in that section.

Shooter80 likes this.
  15. Krug59

Krug59 Gamer

For me the overtake is complete, merc rear tyres are in front of Ferrari forward tyres. And the ferrari clearely miss the first turn and try to push the merc into the wall.

AndyK70 likes this.
  16. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

For me an overtake is never complete until they have completely cleared the other car, until then both cars need to continue to leave each other space on track. So in that video, from my side, the Mercedes turned into the Ferrari.

How much a car is overlapping (front wheels of attacking car alongside rear wheels of the defending car etc) only matters imo when beginning an overtake, as a metric for deciding if the leading car needs to leave the car behind space, or the car behind should back out, once the overtake has started, both cars should pick and stick to a 'lane' until there is no overlap.

Although, indeed, the Ferrari was way out of line on the run down the hill.

aotto1977 likes this.
  17. Felge Schneider

I think, the Ferrari is a single screen user and misjudged the Merc on the right and it's just very slight contact, nothing bad. You can see, he's turning away as he realizes the contact (at least from my interpretation).
    Yes, he messed up La Source, but when the incident happened he was as far on the left as he can be and the Merc turns across. In my opinion, the Mercedes had to stay on the right side.

18. It's AC but the same kind of incident:

(SRY for the bad quality)

I was blamed only :(

Krug59 likes this.
  19. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Totally agree.
    The Merc was in a better position to know what was happening around him and cut in not leaving any space for the Ferrari.
    If the Ferrari was a single screen user this would have also effected his spatial awareness, but even so, he had nowhere to go but either on the grass or the on the brake. It’s up to the overtaking car to complete the overtake and not be dangerous and respect other racers.

20. Single screen user here for ages and I've to strongly disagree here. In my opinion the Ferrari driver knew exactly where the Mercedes was. The going tho the right side several times was intentional by the Ferrari.
    He should accept he lost at this point.
    If things like this are happend and no one step back the outcome is always the same.

AndyK70 likes this.