1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there anyway of preventing it?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by shogel, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Just curious, how many nut sacks do you have?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

I've said the exact same thing on one of these cheater threads, but it doesn't preclude my point - cheaters or not, the CP server standards are way below par compared to league racing. People know they won't be banned, so they keep doing it. In league races, you pay for it.

It also has the added benefit of admins being able to kick a cheater. In CP races, you're stuck with him for the full race.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

three

vlado Cro likes this.
  4. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Almost one per gear

5. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

So 6 balls, you must be committed!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

vlado Cro likes this.
  6. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

A) People watch to many films with Hackers in them , thinking of them of some type of Hero. Well They are not , wait for hackers to hack into your personal details , and see how angry you will get
    B) I want to race online and no one is going to make me change my habits, I am not going to be forced to join a League , because i am to scared of hackers.
    C) Of course Kunos wants to stop this , can they prevent it , technical and Legal reasons apply
    D) I don't think he could ever be a bonus to ACC, every thing that he as done is well understood , but difficult to stop, encryption is possible but slow, etc etc etc

LATE4APEX likes this.
  7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You have never heard of white- and grey hat hackers?

aotto1977 and m_box97 like this.
  8. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 Gamer

Do what you want I'm no forcing you in anything. I said leave him alone and he will eventually move on. And if you would know to read between lines... Do not get angry and pissed off about it, he feeds with it. My opinion!!!

9. XIV-V

XIV-V Gamer

I don't know much about game and cheating software development, but about what kind of fair use do you close an eye ? Stuff like crew chief, ACC results companion and stuff like that ? or what else ?

Is it worth to let some breaches open that would allow some very undesirable usages ?

"Hopefully" in this case, the cheating is so obvious that it can helps developers to secure the game, but there may be some more subtil usages that can lead to more serious exploits, like in official races.

In competitive context game, the trust is a must have.

sissydriver likes this.
  10. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 Gamer

I totaly agree with you. I was today on CP server in tier 1 and i must say - GARBAGE!!! We raced at Barcelona, I qualified 2nd got punted in 1st corner, got stupid divebomb from @m4karov got stupid divebomb from somebody else in Porsche in last chicane of the track and he crashed into me. I had so much damage more that i would get from 'Franz' and then this guys complain about one cheater? Hehe i'm laughin.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  11. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I would say stuff like Content Manager, CSP and Sol.

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Problem is, IF he moves on, why would you assume that another will NEVER show up, and when word gets out, have fun.

The solution is never to turn a blind eye, or the other cheek.

Don't take this personally, is not meant to be.

13. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 Gamer

Yea i agree with you, don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting a cheater. I'm just saying that more complaning of us on this forum about him, more times he will come to servers. He and a few of his followers are enjoying to see people on this forum to be upset. If we ignore him he will eventually went on to another game.
    That is why i'm sayin to stop complaning about him and focus on ourselfs.
    If he shows on a server i don't have problem with him i leave server and thats it. But what is bothering me is like i said in my previous post, when he is not on the CP server and in top tier i see 7,8 or even 9 racers who are drivin agressively and try to divebomb you in places where you don't have a choice either of being hit or drive onto grass i don't see a difference between him and the others. I don't mind that sometimes racer are agressive and that sometimes driver made a mistake and punt you (we all do mistakes) but what i saw on tonights race was realy poor job from 1/3 of participants. So i see this races pointless if there isn't any penalties for a mistakes.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  14. drukqs

drukqs Racer

just bear in mind that the cheat might be already distributed.
    We have witnessed a Jaguar with the same cheating type in today CP race and a different name, it has already been posted on the Multiplayer section.

It is unclear if it is the same guy.

One thing is for sure, unless there is some decisive action from Kunos this problem will have very dire consequences to the game.
    I.e. I am not planning on racing any more CP races until there is some kind of development or I hear that...if this is still contained in this person solely, he moves to some other pastures.

Just as note, don't feed into this guy sociopath disorder. He is reading and commenting here and in on reddit, you can see a few of his 'likes'on this thread.
    he takes pleasure in the attention he gets and breaking the game and getting away with it: its a behaviour not different of some types of serial killers i.e.

While this is just videogames, its just a medical disorder that needs treatments, and i hope he can find it soon enough as it must be really sad and painful to need this actions to take pleasure from life.

For the time being i would just ignore the person specifically but focus on the overarching problem.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  15. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 Gamer

Jaguar or Aston Martin? If you talk about a guy who stoped before finish lap and he had made 582 laps in one hour time than yes he is the same guy.

16. drukqs

drukqs Racer

The 1AM CEST Split 1 CP race this evening at Zolder it was a Jaguar and yes he made +500 laps and the usual tricks with the car. This was the race i was in. Not sure if the same scenario was reported during the day. It doesn't matter anyway.

17. m4karov

m4karov Gamer

18. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Don't dramatizes. Don't feed the troll, and he will go way.
    If you ask me, if this sick guy comes into a CP server I just exit and went to other available server. Always can try to join a CP server later, no big deal.

Luis Branco and banb like this.
  19. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 Gamer

Thats weird man, too bad that i didn't save my replay. At around 24-25 seconds of your clip I felt a bump from behind and a car lost a grip for a bit. Ou man too bad that I didn't save a replay to show you. It seems that there were some netcode issues so i must apologise to you but really on my side there was a contact between us.

20. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Tbph what this guy is doing is the work of a basic script kiddy, he’s only looking for attention. This is exactly what he lives on.

Most people that are actually trying to look for vulnerabilities in the game do it as a sort of intellectual puzzle, they would have seen the game has unsecured memory hooks and would have moved on (not much of a challenge). For example the encryption key to unpack the game was discovered in EA, yet you didn’t see people going on the forums and posting all the car data that could be seen from unpacking the game files such as ClA, CdA, motion ratios, etc.

If he wanted to showcase these vulnerabilities he could have easily done it on a private sever or offline and created a video showcasing this vulnerability, but he chose to do it online for the lawlz.

The sooner people stop giving this guy a reaction the sooner he’ll move on, guarantee you he’s constantly refreshing this forum page

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    anthonylroy, AndyK70 and sissydriver like this.