1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there anyway of preventing it?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by shogel, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Out of interest is this happening on the EU or US CP server?

2. m4karov

m4karov Gamer

EU split 1 of 6. I'm hope they find a solution to block him from joining CP races at least.

sissydriver likes this.
  3. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

As a gamer, I'd be p*ssed if he ruined my race.
    As a developer, I have to aggree. As it seems, it's a rather unpopular opinion, but in the end we all should appreciate the fact @MasterLooser shows off that much, so it's obvious there's a loophole.
    A cheater that users "just a bit" of the possibilities, say some .5 seconds advantage per lap, is way worse in the long run, if you think about it.

So we all need to calm down and act less butthurt.

I just had a good laugh at him driving backwards, I have to admit. :D

4. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Maybe he should run his own server then those who think it's fun can join it and leave the rest of us to enjoy the sim as intended.

m4karov, Coanda, sissydriver and 2 others like this.
  5. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

That would be silly. Why to do that when we can host and pay service for him.

Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.
  6. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

In two days I met him in 2 of 4 races. It’s really annoying that I can’t ban him from my server permanently but only until restart.

m4karov and Vision_Slayer_525 like this.
  7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I think you underestimate how this can affect all aspects of online racing, including league racing and even SRO eSports events. This guy fortunately is an obvious cheater, but these same cheats can be used in different ways that are not as noticeable or completely unnoticeable. An already quite fast driver might add a bit of downforce and agility to his car and can now fight for podium places with genuine aliens, and people might never know about it.

In some ways this guy is a blessing in disguise... although I wish he was more mature about it and instead of going around trolling and ruining people's races/fun of playing ACC, he should just man up, explain Kunos how he does it and maybe he even knows a way for Kunos to prevent this from happening.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  8. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Its Obvious how this is done, nothing new ,people being doing it for years, He is no help whatsoever

sissydriver likes this.
  9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

He uses a tool. And Kunos, hopefully, knows exactly what is going on.

10. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Using a microwave? :D If it's obvious why is there no fix - are you able to help Kunos?

Oblit0r likes this.
  11. david m

david m Racer

One thing that is pretty evident right now is that this is hurting ACC a lot, and after each day it pass and nothing happens it's being more 'famous' everywhere.

Think in SRO and other companies that just started to organise the e-sports championship and then this happens.
    People can think anything and look to relativize the situation, but the true is that this is going to hurt the game.

Every player that comes from years of playing games/sims know that cheat exist from many time ago an in many sims (some sims more then others,is evident that iracing is pmore hard to cheat)
    And cheats will keep existing. Not too much to do for devs of games to beat people wanting to cheat, but they can put it hard to cheat, this is the only thing they can do.
    So the response they carry out and how much they can block this kind of cheats will be the difference between win the hacker or lost the war.

Really hope they can do something, but anyway if they can't do nothing, we have to assume that the competitve part of the game is gonna ''die'' in a big percentage...it's pretty evident and normal, and at the same time very sad.
    Of course lot of people will keep playing it ; the game is fabuluos and it will keep being fabulous. But less people will try to join anything competitive knowing that this things can happens quite easy (as it seems,really don't know)

Let's be patient and see what happens in the next days or weeks or whatever, meantime keep trying to have all the fun ACC bring us, it's still there !

m4karov and AndyK70 like this.
  12. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Gamer

the only main reason i see why they dont use any ac is that it would instantly restrict all the modability for legit software, such as telemetry tools, or similiar that read out data directly from the game instead of some shared memory (i dont know if acc has any sort of this save channel to grab data from).
    same goes for obfuscating the binary, it would just get harder/impossible for your legit part of the community who tries to create software.

i assume thats what aris meant with "we usually close an eye.."

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

We all get it.. It doesn't bother me at all as I mainly drive in a league with top and honest blokes and don't drive on CP servers however many come to the likes of ACC to have an experience and for a couple of hours that experience may completely remove them from all the other nasty sh!t going on around them, the wiffy naggy problems or the work/life pressures that maybe happening with them too..

.. now that you have clearly made your point, why don't you give it a rest and stop with all the theatrics and let people get back to what they should be doing.. honing their skills and having some fun racing..

sissydriver likes this.
  14. coiso

coiso Gamer

That is out of the window now. What masterlooser has done basically will ensure that confidence on the system will be low so that "honing their skills and having some fun racing.." will be riddled with suspicion. It's not the guy ramming everyone that matters. It's the guy adding a 1% or 2% advantage that cannot be found.

grrdabrr and Winston like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I can still have lots of fun even if there are drivers with a 1-2% advantage because it is far better than having one looser driving backwards and punting people off the road at a million miles an hour.. Is it ideal..? Of course not but tough t!ts thats life and there will always be loopholes, exploits and w@nkers out there when it comes to this sort of thing. Even F1 is full of exploits and cheaters. All developers can try to do is close them down one by one and do their best to be ahead of the game..

.. and to be honest I don't think ACC is plagued with cheaters.. Maybe the odd bad egg here and there..

Pekka, Napo24 and vlado Cro like this.
  16. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

NO not a microwave , just a some techincal skill and Kunos are more than capable of helping themselves

sissydriver likes this.
  17. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

It's probably worth pointing out this has all exploded over the easter weekend with a big game update due to be release in the coming days / week.

I'm sure they will solve the issue, but not in one weekend and not this weekend just gone.

m_box97, kuccu and vlado Cro like this.
  18. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Well they aren't going to ruin the SRO races, as the hotlap competition to get in requires a replay. The pros aren't going to do it as if they are caught it will have real world consequences for them. And for all we know 1.4 already includes a fix for this, or maybe they are even delaying it a bit just to throw this fix in.

What this does show is what absolute pieces of trash people can be. This game obviously appeals to a very hardcore segment of the sim racer world. People who want to have a fair yet realistic race. So to come in and cheat and crush everyone like that (and for what its not like theres worldwide leaderboards saying how "good" at ACC you are, other than the special events which expire eventually anyway), is just sociopathic. We are all stuck home why do you have to come in and mess something up that people are using to get a little enjoyment out of being stuck at home? Its sad this person is probably a bit sick and probably hates himself.

eracerhead and vlado Cro like this.
  19. Napo24

Napo24 Gamer

I've been thinking about this too, I mean there could've been hundreds of people cheating in a subtle way for the past year without us noticing, but the racing experience was still very good, so I can't really give a damn. One single guy doing silly over-the-top stuff won't change my experience much, it's not like all of a sudden every race is riddled with hacks and even if it is, I probably won't find out. As a side note, there are literally millions of people playing CS:GO everyday even though everybody knows that game is notorious for all kinds of cheats.
    The real problems arise mostly from there being E-Sports events that are connected to winning real-world rewards. Having somebody win while knowing this person could've hacked their way up to the top is seriously problematic, so I also don't wanna sound like I'm downplaying the issue, it is absolutely necessary to take action here. People just need to stop freaking out right now and realise that they'll encounter cheaters pretty much everywhere, there is just no way of knowing most of the time.

Pandora likes this.
  20. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 Gamer

Guys just leave him alone. I went today on CP server (top tier) and he was there. I just warn other people that were on the server said hello to him and left the server. He said to me that today he is legit and race with VR. We will see if he was talking the truth in few hours when he will publish a new video on youtube.
    Can Kunos prevent this or do they wanna? I think probably not.
    My advice is to race in some online league community or even better in some friends community. You make your own community with racers that you trust. A lot of you have some servers which can be set to join on password and thats it. You make your own rules of safety and just ban people who are not able to race safely. I remember that i was part of this kind of community on PC2 game and i stoped to play in online leagues because i had some much fun. Races were short (15 minutes qualy, 15 minutes race, one mandatory pitstop) and just chat and have fun.
    And don't remember, playing a game is to have fun with it.
    At the end I think that 'Franz' could be a bonus for the ACC if he will eventually start to help in this game with developing.
    If he is really good computer programmer he can improve a lot of stuff but this is on him. Future will show us how it turns out. I hope for the best because i really like this game.