1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

COMPETIZIONE SRO E-Sport Championship launches 2020 programme

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Apr 10, 2020.

1. I see. No excuses then :p

2. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

They tried to use the safest route, but I think they should let them race from lap 1 in the next race. They are all supposed to be grown up adults and they should know that you can't win the race in lap one. I mean, they all decided to take part on this by their own will, so if they can't take it seriously enough, I would send them to play mario kart or iRacing.

EDIT: and the Silver race is the proof that it can be done. Where there incidents? Sure, but that happens also in real life racing. And drivers who crashed kept on racing and enjoying. Just check Jardier's stream to see what I mean.

Freddie Seng and chksix like this.
  3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Sorry when this is a dumb question:
    how can i participate in the am event? i am slow but want be a part of it.
    register is done.
    and then?
    feeling bad...:oops:

RWa and gunner1483 like this.
  4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

There is a discord link in the Regulations page. Join that discord to get more info. And read the regulations man, someone spent time writing them :D

5. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I think from today on, they will open an event to hotlap at the various venues.

[​IMG]

theivansk and Coanda like this.
  6. gunner1483

gunner1483 Gamer

i am slow too. But our balls are big enough to challenge against the stupid aliens

sissydriver and RWa like this.
  7. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

thanks heaven Bentley Motorsports included M Nobel or P Simmard into the team, so they are not AM anymore hehe among many others.

8. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

https://sro-esport.com/register/

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thanks a lot for the answers. totally overseen the regulations. then its crystal clear. :rolleyes:
    @sirgaric @Tundra @Guidofoc - thanks mates :)

10. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Where did you get that image from?

11. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

From SRO website

12. fabT

fabT Alien

Yes, especially considering those were professionists.

It was very embarassing to see how these pros abused the loophole and drove recklessly through eachother.
    Very simdrivingish. A lap one total carnage would have been more "respectable" to my eyes ... ;)

Other than that Leclerc is a hell of a driver.

13. fabT

fabT Alien

May i have that setup ?
    And his right foot, if i don't ask too much.

:D

GCCRacer and sissydriver like this.
  14. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I get why they used ghosting on lap 1, but the commentator(s) really needed to be prepared to explain that to non-sim folks. Instead, it looked quite amateurish and I’ll bet without understanding the necessity of it, many people just tuned out. The YT chat feed was full of people slagging the game for having “no collisions period” (chat can be quite dumb at times), and these are Kunos’ potential future customers. A good explanation for a situation that Kunos/SRO knew would appear, would’ve helped manage that perception.

chksix, Yeho and fabT like this.
  15. renato63

renato63 Racer

At 21.00 another race! :)

16. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

It looked amateurish because some drivers abused it badly. The feature was there to avoid a first lap pileup that would have been a disaster, but they still should have tried to avoid contact as if the ghosting was not there. Some of them did (check Dave Perel's stream), but some others didn't care at all and abused it badly to the point of looking ridiculous. Those professional drivers should be really ashamed, and if they are not, they should leave the competition. A field of 30 drivers is plenty to provide a good race.

17. PuppiesZ

PuppiesZ Gamer

Congrats Kunos on this series. Loved the new Pro class of all real life Pros.

RWa likes this.
  18. cooknn

cooknn Alien

The broadcast could have been better, IMHO. I couldn’t even hear one of them. Then I happened upon the iRacing event with all the real NASCAR drivers being broadcast by real um, broadcasters. Big difference.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  19. pons

pons Simracer

In the SRO broadcast there were also real broadcasters ;) But the audio-mix and mic-quality was not the best. But who knows, what they had to overcome to get the team running in these times.

cooknn likes this.
  20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@cookn - we all know that there is much that can be done better. but wouldnt it be unfair when acc/partners are better in such a short time than others? they are no wizards. give them time. and stay positive and enjoy what you like ;)

edit
    after 2k hours in ac and 300 hours acc - first time online.
    with real people. sro silv am - boatley only.
    hotlap only.
    read ears, heartbeat faster. feeling dumb. and happy. :)

cooknn likes this.