1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

COMPETIZIONE SRO E-Sport Championship launches 2020 programme

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Apr 10, 2020.

1. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

There is no lack of communication. If anything, there is a lack of attention from some people who then blame others instead of themselves.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Guido Trampe likes this.
  2. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Actually the GT Rivals race was also SRO, this time the American SRO

But for some reason Americans have that something extra in terms of putting a show.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

rikirk and cooknn like this.
  3. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

Also I didnt see any Nissans and Hondas. Are they so f**cked up by BOP that nobody uses these cars?

4. PuppiesZ

PuppiesZ Gamer

Now if only turning left was racing :) . joking

cooknn likes this.
  5. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Yes, I remembered that after I posted. Still, it seems like as the Pro event is supposed to be the flagship so I hope they take it upstream a little.

This signature can be disabled, yes?

6. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Lack of attention? I have been in multiples simracing leagues, and in all of then, the organisers have sent emails to the drivers with server info, passwords and so on. Here? Nothing. Just a hidden discord link. Yes, in this discord there is a very nice info and support, no doubt about it. But think for a moment, what happen with that drivers that did not receive any alerts via email (obvious) and still wondering whats happening. What should they do? Oh yes, register in this forum (if they ever know about the existance of the forum itself) and search into thread to see a discord link. Or maybe imagine that in the SRO web there is a, surprisingly public, link to this discord server. Although that last one it's not gonna be easy, because even if you go to your account in sro web page, you have 0 info. You have to go to regulations.. (?)
    I appreciate A LOT everything that Kunos and sro are doing. A lot, really. But I think, in my personal opinion, that they need to improve communication.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Nissan is not far off going by our league hotlap server, though our fastest guy is in the Nissan and he did 1:56.07 in the Mclaren and is only 1:57.2 in the Nissan. I suspect he could get a high 56 in the nissan which is in the ballpark with all cars that arent a Mclaren.

Seems only the Mclaren is still too good at Silverstone. Not sure about Honda but hopefully BOP still gets tweaked a bit, its pretty decent overall but the AM race will probably be a Mclaren cup event. :p

I also wonder why the sprint race has no stops? Maybe kunos knows the pit stop is not very user friendly and would cause many drivers issues. Clearly work to be done in a few areas in UI especially.

The start sequence also could do with tweaking, in the Paul Ricard race half the field got a dt for race start it seems. I didnt watch the race but obviously they must have cleared these penalties, doesnt say much for the user friendliness of these features.

Also dynamic weather seems not to be turned on? as this is also broken atm and it would likely have made a biblical flood at Silverstone if it rained.

The good thing with these events is the devs must see what really needs to be worked on. To make it much more intuitive and user friendly, currently its clunky and awkward at best even for experianced sim racers. Those new to the sim must get a few WTF moments with UI especially.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    chksix likes this.
  8. Most of these guys should have tested the game on their end tho, to be fair to Kunos. They're all adults you shouldnt have to hold their hand all the time. Every single one of those guys are probably a phone call away of someone who knows the game inside-out if need be.

And I mean, its not like they're lacking the time atm lol.

9. Si.

Si. Simracer

One thing I’m wondering with the AM Qualifying, is it going to ruin our SA rating, so far I have 2 0/0 sessions, if the graph gets full of these then presumably SA will plummet?

10. Seriously, they have all the on-screen prompts to tell them what to do and they dont do it and then complain when they get penalties.

11. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Watching now. Very good! Impressed with this presentation :)

12. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I'm slow too, but excited to be a part of it anyway. Though I'm a little annoyed we are stuck with the Bentley at Silverstone, as thats my best track, but not in the Bentley. If I had even a whiff of a chance it would be in the Porsche there, but..... oh well.

Bryan Heitkotter was out there in the Nissan, he had a wreck or something though so didn't finish well.

He later won the Rivals race in it, his second win out of 3 races.

13. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

14. I mean, it's a bit confusing at first, first time I did a race start I never caught on what was happening and got a DT lol... But you know, that's why I did random online races before doing my first league race. So I could iron out my inexperience with the game's mechanics.

martcerv likes this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Does anybody know when the hotlap leaderboards are online?

16. RWa

RWa Simracer

I am slow too. So probably no change to get myself in the race. My problem is I always have faster laptimes in the race (with a lot of fuel) than in qualifying.

I am using a controller by the way. I have a wheel but despite we have space enough I am too lazy to set it up. Next to that I am wondering if I would be quicker with wheel. Maybe I should try.

sissydriver likes this.
  17. NebulaSmudge

NebulaSmudge Rookie

Thanks!

I note they did have the discord link in the regulations, but said nothing about where to find the server passwords. Saved me more wild goose chasing :).

Leaderboards will be out later today according to the discord.

sissydriver likes this.
  18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@NebulaSmudge - thanks mate.

@RWa - try it with wheel. its all about immersion. with wheel its much better. every little thing counts. ;)

NebulaSmudge and RWa like this.
  19. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I heard grumblings from the community (elsewhere) about "Ghost Cars on Lap 1" and just had to view it for myself, I'm gonna be blunt now - this is Pathetic. Watching the cars blend into one another was incredibly cringe worthy not to mention absolutely laughable. This is a major step towards "Gaming & Arcade" more than Simulation, regardless of the drivers experience this should not used at all IMO, how are they going to learn respect on Lap 1 in crowded situations by simply driving through other cars?! It's bad enough A N Other Sim has Ghost Cars in Pit lane, but on Lap 1 of a Race?

No....Just No.

Vision_Slayer_525 and chksix like this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im sure reaspoable pace is possible with a pad but definatly larger range of motion feel and control with at least a decent wheel setup.

Anything g25 or better should make it a bit easier them with a gamepad. Which in turn should let you get closer to the limit. I know with a pad id struggle much more as I am not used to it and swtiching to a wheel will likely hurt at first if your dialed in with the pad.

RWa likes this.