1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Been a while since I played PC2 but it was pretty bad in single class so it should be easily as bad in multiclass. :p

I am not one for SP racing really but I would hope custom races or a custom championship could be run in multiclass. Just as in MP we will most likely run a full multiclass British season asap.

In the official seasons and races in SP it makes sense these would only be in the classes that race but if even the ICGT races in ACC dont use the extra cars added seems an odd decision.

It seems fairly clear they arent going to add multiclass to not have to add it to UI and results. In this regard same as custom races or server setup I think if AacC allowed many more options beyone what the real series run it would help more people setup sessions as they like.

Even these are massively crippled atm both mp and sp. You cant even run race rules in a public server. A custom race you cant run a 2hr race without a 30 min max stint (you couldnt in 1.3x I havent tried 1.4 there)

After_Midnight and earlyapex like this.
  2. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Don't know if any of u watch 24H portimao?
    I'm happy about gt world return on track,but i just hope entry list will not be compromised a lot like in 24H series.

3. Racerooom does Muticlass well

4. Sentry87

Sentry87 Gamer

Kind of a shame no multiclass racing in singleplayer once the GT4 pack releases. HOWEVER, not sure if anyone noticed the limited amount of GT4 entries in this years Bathurst 12 hours and lack of GT4 cars in other IGTC races in 2019. IGTC is becoming more of a GT3 championship.

5. dek

dek Racer

Cause the business model isn't as expected...so entrys are missing out.

6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

And yet,... there is no mention of GT4, only GT3, in the past or current marketing, that I can find, let alone,... "already have all the content there, paid for it".

So I would think there is no reason to expect mixed grids, especially in SP.

Except maybe if Kunos can make magnitude advances in AI, which I think unlikely.

Assuming I'm reading your post correctly.

7. rnavasg

rnavasg Gamer

Just a small reflexion from my lack of knowledge in programming. Aren't mixed grids with GT3s overtaking GT4s similar situations as the current blue flags?, they managed to address this issue, so shouldn't it be a kind of a similar scenario?

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think the current AI blue flags in races are massively overdone. They pull over like you should only in a qualy lap if your not on a valid lap. In races under blue flags at most AI should not defend. Currently they slow 50% or more off regular pace and can be quite hard to predict. They slow way off line and as you get alongside almost want to fight again even though they are too slow and off line.

Blue flags in race rules for the real series are just an indicator that your about to be lapped. Its not like f1 where you must concede position in x amount of corners or get a penalty. I rarely race AI but did 1 race last week and thought AI was pretty poor in race with blue flags.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  9. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It doesn't matter how complicated you think it is. ACC's singleplayer has no multiclass element, BP/GTWCh and IGT are GT3 only, GT4 ES will be GT4 only in the game and British GT is a track-only DLC.

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@pankykapus - I have different question that maybe you can or want to shed some light on. Will there be any future development to the current Ai behavior regardless of class..?

... a simple yes, no or maybe would be great..

earlyapex and tlsmikey like this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I personally don't care about A.I tbh.
    If anything A.I is restricting the amount of resources available to simulate complex physics of cars.
    in other words kunos could have inserted even more detailed for example tyre physics if they didn't have to consider that all these complex stuff has to run with 20+ A.I
    I have internet that has max speed of 900kb/s and i live in extremely small city and still i enjoy online at 150-200 ping.
    If Iracing has so many people paying for online only i don't think that this market has any problem with no A.I online only racing.
    TBH A.I never gives me same adrenaline,fear of a human opponent behind me even if he is slower.

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Well many of us do care about AI..

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Coanda - afair in last stream "the" dev said, nothing important incoming / planned regarding the ai

15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I really don't think anything "important" is needed, just correct /improve upon what is existing concept, of simulating real racing.

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@LATE4APEX - okay, to be precise, nothing that would be noticeable, maybe lost in translation a little bit, sorry for that

LATE4APEX likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah I also picked up on that.. I am just hopeful that this area of development is not wrapped up. I agree with LATE4APEX, nothing major is needed and I enjoy driving them as they are today. Just some tweaks on a couple of problematic corners here and there that have had issue threads raised and a little more alignment to real world times on a couple of the tracks that are out would be greatly appreciated..

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    sissydriver and LATE4APEX like this.
  18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

No prob's, I think my post was actually not too clear.

sissydriver likes this.
  19. Talking about AI, at 80% in Laguna Seca, in the first corner of the first lap, sometimes some cars stops, and always the normal speed around the corner is 40 Km/h, would love it being checked

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien