1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

When it's done and Aris is happy with it :p

2. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I haven't heard anything else than the official "Summer 2020".
    Hopefully soon.

Stains likes this.
  3. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Honestly I take enormous pleasure in playing against AI, on the other hand in MP 8 times out of 10 I come across spotty donkeys who doesn't play the game , so the choice is quickly made, and on CP servers there are many cheaters.
    So I'm playing against AI.

Nev Roberts, LATE4APEX and RWa like this.
  4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

5. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

I had an odd thing happen to me last night - the cheater thread reminded me but I wasn't cheating, honest!

I did a MP quick join - it dropped me on the grid at Silverstone, at the back with about 1:40 until race start. Fine, happy to skip qually and start last. Formation starts - it keeps telling me to move forwards, which I do but it's taking me well into the pack towards the front. Being aware that people hang back to get tyre and brake temp at the start I don't think much until I realise I'm nearly at the front and it's still pointing forwards. Race starts after I backed off a little and was probably about 7th (of maybe 25?) - I get no penalty. After a lap or so, I pull off and let everyone that's behind past.

All rather odd.

6. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Yeah it happens when you join when the quali session is already over, it's a known bug not your fault.

7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

What kind of event is this?

8. ignission

ignission Simracer

Console release preview.

9. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

:D I find the aggro setting is an issue in real life too.

martcerv, AndyK70 and LATE4APEX like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

why is marco talking? sorry, so hard to understand. thats no good decision. sometimes kunos is genious. sometimes they are like amateurs....:confused:

12. what did we just watch lol

13. rnavasg

rnavasg Gamer

It wasn’t very clever to do an event for the console launch and not show any console gameplay. They will have their reason.

14. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

It would be great if it did though.

Epistolarius likes this.
  15. noikeee

noikeee Rookie

I just got this title last weekend, been practicing with the Ferrari at Zandvoort, jumped into a race against the AI today. Quick race weekend on sprint race format.

Middle of the race the pit window opened and I had to do a pitstop. Okay, fine. I drove into the pits, set the pit limiter before the line, slowed down to my box, the car was lifted into the air.

Then I drove out of the pits and the criteria for fulfilling the mandatory pitstop was still unchecked. I only swapped driver, but didn't tyre change and didn't do something else can't remember.

My question is very simple. How do I set it to change the tyres??? I don't seem to be able to navigate any options in the menus in-game whilst driving, neither can I click anything because the mouse pointer doesn't show up. I've been browsing on the controls settings page to see if I'm missing some key bindings, but I'm puzzled. I found the keys to cycle through menus in-car but that's it. How do I click an option in the in-car menus? Or do I have to click somewhere before jumping into the car to do a tyre change?

Maybe it's because I had some light damage and the pit crew was repairing the car instead of doing the mandatory pitstop normal business? But the car was very driveable, I didn't want any repairs, plus what's stopping them from changing the tyres after repairing the car?

I'm just very confused and not understanding how this all works, and how to navigate the UI for this. I'm not a total noob, I've done multiclass races back in the day in iRacing and rFactor, been doing quick sprint races online on Assetto Corsa no problem, etc etc.

16. Yisus

Yisus Gamer

Which wheel are you playing with?

17. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

You need a button assigned for your HUD and buttons for left and right and up and down arrows. Then just before the race starts activate your hud, scroll through to the pit strategy page where you can select things like change tyres, select the next driver, decide whether you want to repair damage etc. It sounds like a lot but can be done before the cars move off. But you do need to set up your pit strategy in the set up menu before going to the race start.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

MFD (multi functional display) is a component that is part of the HUD. This can be used to view timings, weather, control electronics and alter pit strategies from the car. The MFD is located at the bottom left corner of the HUD. As Nev has touched on, preset pit stragies can be created in the tyres and strategy page of the car set UI. You can create up to 30 strategies and they are saved when you save your car setup and they are tied to each setup file. They can be selected or altered via the MFD whilst in the race by scrolling through the strategy numbers.

There are a couple of little things to be mindful of however that will become more clear once you do it a few times..

I suggest you set HUD and MFD up & down buttons/keys. A longer hold on either the HUD up or down button will hide the HUD including the MFD or you can use F2 to cycle the HUD. Insert key by default cycles the MFD.

When qualy ticks over to the race, strategy #30 will be selected in the tyres and strategy page. This will copy and paste your tyre pressures to this strategy from the end of qualy. Please be aware that this strategy will be initially be selected at race start in the MFD. You can quickly change to strategy number 1,2,3... if need be. I am not sure if this a bug or feature however it's just the way it is..

A white circle next to the tyre set number on the MFD indicates a new set and a black circle indicates a used set.

I suggest you create at least one wet weather strategy. If you change tyre compounds on the fly in the MFD whilst altering an existing dry tyre strategy it screws the tyre pressures as it sets them very low to something like 23 psi and then you loose your dry pressures and corner variances which is a problem if needed later on within the race. If you don't have a wet weather strategy pre created and it is looking like rain coming you can always create a new strategy on the fly via the MFD. This can be tricky on some tracks like Zolder as there are no lengthy straights to complete this task.

If you complete a race with multiple pitstops you can keep using the same strategy number from the MFD for each stop. Just simply adjust your presures as the weather changes, fuel and most importantly tyre set number prior to each stop.

For every 1 degree of weather change you roughly want to change your tyre pressures +/- 0.3-0.5 psi depending on your driving style and car setup.

Dry tyres aim for 27.5 - 28 hot psi
    Wet tyres aim for 29 - 30 hot psi

oh and welcome to acc. enjoy...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    LeiF, sissydriver and Atak_Kat like this.
  19. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Thanks Coanda for clearing that up I should have written MFD and not hud. Wouldn't be very welcoming to thoroughly confuse a new devotee. Welcome noikeee. Enjoy.

Coanda likes this.
  20. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team