1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is it all on the driver?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrBungle, Jun 17, 2020.

1. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Why? You assume I am useless that doesn't make me mad it makes me want to race! And I love to race. I didn't want a fight we're in a sim forum so I thought you'd get the reference of a 1v1 it's a bit of fun.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I understand.. I had a couple of wet races where the tyres go to 33 however 35 in the dry should never happen. Maybe 28.5-29 or 26-27 on a off assumption. I am a little different to you as I spend more time in SP and practice sessions therefore I kind of have a base setup for each track and I only really drive the Audi for the most part. If I use a default setup for a quick a dirty run, most of the time I add 1 psi to the default pressures if the track temp is in the the 19-24 range. If it's in the mid 30's I'll just leave them to see where they neutralize. For me I am more interested in the front to rear and left to right tyre pressure variances. This is what I want to tune the most. Most of the time my cold psi pressures are in the 25.8 - 27.2 range and with tracks with a high continuous load to one side they can vary from left to right by 1 psi.

If I am running dry tyres on a damp/ light wet track I generally start with 29-31 psi as they will come down a fair bit. This can be tricky to get right on the fly. If they are out then so be it. Save the setup and learn for the next time. EA ACC had previsions for setup notes however this feature was never turned on and has since been removed from the UI.

If you have not used this already here are some great tools for ACC: - https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/tools

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    MrBungle likes this.
  3. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Shane Christopher, last night something really wierd happened, misano wet race (I may have mentioned) I ended up coming in last of the connected, wasn't happy with that so decided screw it doing another, missus can do without me for a night, entered the 9pm race.

Only 7 drivers enter, not only that, it's misano again so I set the car assuming its a 45 min race like it said it was but it was an hour! I had to drive the last 10 mins in engine mode 8 as I put 80L in.

No idea what's happening with the CP servers at the moment.

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Let it go man....Two things can happen

1) You beat me and throw it in my face
    2) I beat you and you blame tire pressures

No need for that honestly....I was gonna give you some pointers, and as I was typing you replied in a not very friendly manner to the other guy who was trying to help and dissuaded me.

Have fun tho

5. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Very righteous, considering you were rude to me in the first place I'm glad your conscience kickes in at 10:30pm

surtic86 and Vítor Sousa like this.
  6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

A seasoned driver probably do it all (tyre pressure adjustments, fuel adjustments, pit strategy) easily.
    I currently have a good chunk of time in ACC, but I'm playing it since EA :D (excuses), and I don't know if it’s a good or bad thing yet - my wife says I'm crazy for only playing the same thing, and maybe she's right :D

I don't even bother to have a fuel-based setup, just do it as @drukqs pointed out but with my own lap time. The pole driver can do all the laps he/she wants above my own laps, my race will end once I pass the finish line once the 1st place ends his race, so it's my own pace that determines how many laps my race will have. At the very worst case I'll do one more lap if I'm just immediately ahead of the 1st place (bad race :D), when he/she crosses the finish line of his last lap.
    I'm so unconcerned with it that, already happened more than once, I went with either not enough fuel or too much (forgot to check it), including races where a pit stop is required.

For tyre pressures I already have some saved setups for each track which I know have good pressures for a certain temperature, so I adjust each tyre from there to the different temperatures, if none of the ones I have suits me, and it's all fine as well.
    But still, it already happened as well, that I loaded the setup I had and also forgot to change pressures for the current weather; or just forgot to set pressures for the pit stop tyre change, for races where a pit stop is required or mandatory.

Still, tyre pressures and fuel can be changed in MFD, if it comes to mind during the race and before getting to the pit spot and turn the engine off.
    But, if adding fuel is less problematic (had x litres, now only have y, and I'm still with half the race to go, I'll set x-y litres in the MFD to be added in the pit stop), for tyre pressures is way worse. Plus, it requires to either loosen a possible current place fight, to make the required changes, or remembering soon enough to extend making the changes for a longer period (several laps) only choosing straights long enough, to take an eye to the MFD and look at what is to be changed.
    Yet, for tyre pressures it's much easier to do not know what pressures I had in the setup to start with, so don't have a clue of what pressures to set in MFD.

For wet races it's a different story.
    I do have a rough idea of what pressures to set, but until the race starts, I really don't have a good notion of how the track is: damp going to wet, damp going to dry, completely wet and there it stays, wet and improving.
    The weather prediction helps to know what to expect about weather changes but the track conditions can change differently. One example: light rain, damp track, but with the cars racing the line never reaches the level that wets are the choice to go.
    For these situation an alert for the driver to be aware (particularly novice and casual players) that the weather conditions can change during the race, car handling will be influenced by those changing conditions ("watch out for your TC and ABS levels during the race"; "watch out for your brake balance during the race") and a "pit stop may be required to change tyres type".

A simple recommendation from the "engineer" can do wonders for novice and casual players using the default setups, that don't have yet any guidelines to follow and will greatly depend of trial and error (and willing to keep testing), of other drivers help (very rarely seen in chat, either asking of replying, the most common is: " is 60 litres is enough for the race?", with the most common replies being "yes", "no" or "look at the fuel per lap") or bump into a thread here in the forum.
    But the "engineer" can also help as reminder for the seasoned driver.
    For custom setups, the "engineer" could give simple alerts like: "check tyre pressures", "confirm pit strategy" or "double check fuel level"

It doesn't require anything of expert level, it would be only a couple of alerts/reminders and a couple of recommendations to have tyres and fuel within acceptable ranges: from 27 to 28 psi in dry tyres and 29 to 31 in wets, around 60 litres for 30 minutes, around 120 for 60 minutes, and 30 for 15 minutes.
    Still, the recommendations could lead the tyres going from 26.5 psi or 28.5 psi (hot dry), or from 28 to 32 psi (wets), or having more 10 or 15 litres than required for a 30 or 60 minute race, but yet they would be educated recommendations and a helping tool than the driver going with the default setup unaware of a couple of simple changes that should have made.

aotto1977 and azzah like this.
  7. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I missed this, you may be having fun and I'm happy for you, I don't want to guess my pressures though it's unrealistic.

8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Why is it all on somebody else ?

9. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Because I'm busy driving and I have a team of people sat in the garage (if I'm simulating being a race car driver)

Or maybe I'm that guy erm.. The name will come to me in a minute you know...
    The one who owns that team
    And does the setups
    And the strategy
    And the tyre pressures
    He monitors the telemetry
    Sorts out the fuel calculations for all the sessions
    Drives the car
    You know he's also a weatherman.

AHHH what's his name??

Bolibompa and GCCRacer like this.
  10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

A question, how many accounts do you have with ACC ?

Must be quite a few !

11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I'm sure if Stefano stayed he'd add this but he's on a boat now:D

12. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

13. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Stefano would think I'm a *****, that's because compared to him I am.

That being said, you cannot expect your clients to understand on the level of the developer.

I wish I was on a boat, sounds relaxing I can't imagine this forum intensity on a sailing sim, maybe that's why he did it. Probably sat there loving life, worthers original in a tin, listening to Scalinatella, Beautiful wife just craving his love. Meanwhile I'm pissed about my tyre temps! the world can be cruel.

14. Just a thought or another option...
    If I recall correctly, iRacing has the ability to give real players access to crew/team positions.
    More details here:
    https://support.iracing.com/support/solutions/articles/31000133594-team-driving

Is that currently possible in ACC at the moment via real-time shared memory or something?

That may be easier than creating a completely AI crew/team with the game... plus it would allow users to become knowledgeable and familiar with many things debated here when they aren't behind the wheel.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  15. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

You can also try to save your setups mentioning ambient and track temps, it helps to roughly calculate the PSI offset in hotter or colder conditions. I mostly save the setups like this for example: 2.18.750 28/40. Where 28 is ambient and 40 is track temp.

16. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I wish I had started doing something like that from day 1 if someone did something like this for all temp combinations on all tracks that would be so much more helpful than "expert setups" could probably start selling them.

17. Since ages I'm calling some design choices of Kunos a joke :rolleyes:

At the topic of the race fuel calculation:
    For Kunos it seems impossible to add this feature ingame. Because of ... reasons. Also the fact the NASA like l/lap calculation disappears after the session change and jumps back to the standart value is "not that smart".

So you have to use external apps or the "thumb rule calculation" like mentoined in the thread. Some call it realism :confused:
    Or you can ask Crew Chief after some laps in pratise or qualiying: Calculate the fuel for x minutes. ;)

18. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Another thing that drives me bonkers is, if you drive to the end of a free practice session your tyre data gets reset for Quali so you have to remember to get back to the pit before the timer runs out like a minute or so before or you lose the critical tyre data you gathered for qualifying.

Bolibompa likes this.
  19. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Yeah it's because tyre data is saved when you press return to garage, and when timers runs out there is a bug where you have to click "back to garage" when you're already in the pit. :confused:

20. "AS DESIGNED"