1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Simsource: Setup Comparison Tool, Leaderboards, Server Results Viewer & Stats Tracker

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Tom Shane, Aug 9, 2019.

1. its.me

its.me Racer

I just logged off and on and now I see the stats section. Everything is there now. Thanks for support and the great tool!

Tom Shane likes this.
  2. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Tonight (18:00 UTC) I'll be doing an update to the site. It is a pre-patch for Leagues, which I'm currently working on and should be ready in several weeks. The update probably takes longer than usually, because all data needs to be transformed to new structures suitable for upcoming Leagues feature.

Fremen_78 likes this.
  3. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

The site is updated and running.

Orcajavi, Coanda and Fremen_78 like this.
  4. its.me

its.me Racer

Hi Tom,
    using the stats section I've seen that doing a practice session is counted as "1st" place in the ranking stats. I assume this is not what was intended. I'd expect a practice session doesn't contribute to the ranking stats at all.
    How do you see it?

5. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Hi,

well, because every session in ACC can be very different (weather, track temps, track status/grip), including only hot-lapping ones, I didn't find a reason why exclude practice sessions from ranking. Just to be sure, the ranking is based on your fastest laps, not winning a race. The only criterium is the lap has to be valid.

Saying that, I'm always open to different views and I have no problem changing this logic, if it makes sense.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    its.me likes this.
  6. its.me

its.me Racer

Hi,
    I understand your logic now. Makes sense as well. Just interpreted it differently. Fine for me.

Fremen_78 and Tom Shane like this.
  7. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Simsource Client 0.4.0
    • Implemented "offline-mode"

When there is no connection to the server available (server is down, you lost connection) the sessions are stored locally and uploaded later when the connection is restored. This way you should not have to worry about your missing sessions anymore.
    Note: After installing new version of the client, it is needed to sign in again.

Fremen_78 likes this.
  8. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

I really enjoy the setups comparison option. Thanks for this.

The caster numbers for the Ferrari are off by 0.3/0.4 depending on the setting.

9. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

v1.5.0
    • New feature: Leaderboards
    First of all, some of you will certainly think: "What is this? Where the hell are promised Leagues?". I was working on Leagues feature, but I decided to interrupt the development mainly for two reasons:
    1. Current ACC server output format doesn't allow to automatically track teams from session to session. I have figured some workarounds, but the result was semi-manual, kinda laboring league management. Far from ideal.
    2. As you've surely heard there is a new platform developed by Race Department called simracing.gp. The public beta should be around the corner, and from what I have gathered so far, it should make league management an automatic process and I think most of you will be happy to use it. I decided to wait and see how it develops before implementing own solution that nobody uses in few months.
    So for now, there is a new feature - Leaderboards. You need to download and use Simsource Client to participate. Only hotlap sessions are posted to the leaderboards (all conditions are allowed for now). And as usual, it is a new feature that needs to be tested, so if you spot a bug, please, let me know.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  10. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Hi, yes, it's a known issue, but the difference shouldn't be more than 0.1-0.2 deg. Could you please tell at what caster value the difference is 0.4 deg from what is seen in-game? Thanks.

11. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

It is actually 0.3 as the caster for the Ferrari is set to 14.0 (thought it was 14.1 hence the 0.4) ingame and it shows as 13.7 in the setup comparing tool.

Tom Shane likes this.
  12. n1lyn

n1lyn Racer

hey tom!

for the dampers, the 4 values are in a row, would you mind adding the sequence to it? I think its FL FR RL RR, right?

13. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Hi Nils, yes, that's correct. I will try to make it more clear in the app.

n1lyn likes this.
  14. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

fyi Bentley 2018 maximum front camber was changed from -4.0 to -5.0 at some point in the last few months and your setup tool still uses -4.0

15. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Thanks!

16. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

The site was updated.

* Setup comparison tool now displays labels for values where appropriate.
    * Bentley 2018 max front camber changed to -5.0.

Thanks guys for suggestions and reporting issues!

17. Hind Sigh

Hind Sigh Rookie

Hey, I noticed the Front and Rear values on the Aero part of the setup comparisons seem to be inversed. R states the front values and F states the rear values. This might cause some confusion.
    I haven't verified if this also applies for the other parts, but they seem to be alright(mechanical and tyres seem good, dampers I'm not sure need to check first).

18. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

If the aero is inverted, then probably brake ducts will be as well. I will double check tonight. Thanks.

19. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Fixed.

20. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

The site is partially updated for GT4 DLC.

Leaderboards and Driver Stats are ready and you should be able to upload multiplayer results. Setup diff tool is gonna be updated during the weekend.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020