1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

suzuka_2020, laguna_seca_2020, mount_panorama_2020 & kyalami_2020 are not listed in the handbook but they seem available for setting up the server.

There is no imola_2019, so the only way to do Imola in leagues or on servers is with 2020 BOP and 2020 tires, am I correct?

2. brad_co

brad_co Gamer

Please explain??

3. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

What didn't you understand?
    For that event they received an undocumented admin command under the premise: Do not tell anyone!

Now that in the video it is clearly visible they must have used an admin command, they confirm it is one, but they can't tell you the actual command. Period.
    If Kunos like to give us the command, it'll be their decision.

4. brad_co

brad_co Gamer

They did also say ' Not sure if we are allowed to talk about it'. Not as clear cut as you make out.

And yes I do understand, and I can read posts.

5. Anyone actually tried the ICGT tracks? are they using 2019 BoP with the 2020 tyres? I mean, there was no ICGT at Laguna or Suzuka this year & Kyalami hasn't happened yet, so...

They've only run there in 2020, so there's no previous year's BoP IRL to translate.

6. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

What happens when you want to do a GT4 race on Imola? You setup imola_2020 and you run GT4 with no bop?

7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Only on the Season 2020 tracks the cars will have the new DHE tires. On all other seasons the DHD2 tires are used.
    The new tire model applies to all whether DHD2 or DHE.

Thinking backwhen GT4 DLC was released there were tracks where the EU GT4 never raced but still Kunos was able to get an official bop by SRO getting data from other GT4 series which ran there.
    So I assume something like this will also apply here for Imola.

8. Euro GT4 went to Imola with GTWC, did they not? it's a support series for GTWC EU.

Question about the undocumented ICGT tracks was more about BoP than the actual tyre data used - I haven't driven the 2020 tyres enough to know anything about if they help one car more than another yet so maybe something gains an advantage there.

9. Carbo-OZ

Carbo-OZ Racer

As an admin, how do you set up the server to use the different BOP? Is it just via the track version you choose?

Like Dr Breuk said, the handbook does not have the 2020 version of Bathurst, Laguna, etc but they can be selected and used in the server config.

So if I setup a server with a 2019 track, I assume it will use the 2019 BOP and tyre. But any car can be picked inc 2020 variations right?

kro likes this.
  10. Zaif Yusuf

Zaif Yusuf Rookie

Hi guys, I have just got a rack service server and when I make an entrylist to do driver swaps it doesn't work. Any help? I checked the server logs and I see "error reading cpSecret" and then it starts the server. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

11. khrop

khrop Racer

unknown.png unknown2.png

It's very hard indeed to set the weather just right under the new settings when even the weather matrix is completely unreliable.

0.9 cloud/7 rand/0.0 or 0.1 rain work surprisingly well if you really want to have several weather transitions throughout a race, but the whole sky looks incredibly depressing.

12. brad_co

brad_co Gamer

Not sure if this is what you mean but you can adjust BoP for a given car/driver at a given track by using the driver entrylist, by adding ballast - or using restrictor.

Or you can add the settings globally by adding a bop.json :
    {
    "entries": [
    {
    "track": "zolder",
    "carModel": 7,
    "ballast": 1,
    "restrictor": 2
    },
    {
    "track": "silverstone_2019",
    "carModel": 2,
    "restrictor": 5
    }
    ]
    }

Would it be correct to suggest that if you choose a 2020 car (Merc/Ferrari) and run it on a 2019 track, it uses the older Pirelli DHD2 tyre? The BoP is applied to the track not the car. This would use the new and improved tyre model - not the new tyre type.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    kro likes this.
  13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...roved-tyre-model-and-dhe-2020-compound.67335/

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  14. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

the line "laguna_seca_2019" in the dedicated server don't work: with this line on track config, server start but not appear in the multiplayer server list;
    same server with same configuration, but with another track, will be visible and work perfectly!

i have tried the line "laguna_seca", but the server don't start

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

is it by design, that if we have 3x free practice on the server, the used tyre sets doesn't reset neither if we restart current (FP1) session, nor skipping all sessions and start the "weekend" from the beginning?
    tyre set was set to unlimited, but i always had my used set, no matter what i did, until i was staying on the server. after leaving it and rejoining, they resetted.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  16. brad_co

brad_co Gamer

Maybe upload your entrylist file so people can offer some advice? I may not be able to help but someone might.

17. Arotho

Arotho Gamer

Yep. we would need the entrylist to say more about it. but pretty much it should follow this structure (replace [steamid] with the steam64 id of that driver and obviously the first, last and short name):
    {
    "entries": [
    {
    "drivers": [
    {
    "firstName": "Driver",
    "lastName": "One",
    "shortName": "ONE",
    "driverCategory": 2,
    "playerID": "S[steamid]"
    },
    {
    "lastName": "Two",
    "shortName": "TWO",
    "driverCategory": 2,
    }
    ],
    "raceNumber": 9,
    "forcedCarModel": 1,
    "overrideDriverInfo": 1,
    "isServerAdmin": 0,
    "defaultGridPosition": -1,
    "ballastKg": 0,
    "restrictor": 0
    },
    {
    "drivers": [
    {
    "lastName": "Three",
    "shortName": "THR",
    "driverCategory": 1,
    },
    {
    "lastName": "Four",
    "shortName": "FOU",
    "driverCategory": 1,
    }
    ],
    "raceNumber": 17,
    "forcedCarModel": 16,
    "overrideDriverInfo": 1,
    "isServerAdmin": 0,
    "defaultGridPosition": -1,
    "ballastKg": 0,
    "restrictor": 0
    }
    ],
    "forceEntryList": 1
    }

18. Arotho

Arotho Gamer

Than that is a problem with your server configuration. Laguna Seca only exists as a 2019 version. The Trackname u have to put in is "laguna_seca_2019"

sissydriver likes this.
  19. Run your entry list through a JSON parser before you save it ( stick "JSON lint" in a search engine, you'll get a few ). Very easy to make syntax errors, usually misplaced commas.

If it's multi-driver per car you'll need to set the driver override to 1 & make sure you properly fill in each driver.

20. Arotho

Arotho Gamer

I'm not sure about the driver override since that only overrides the information in first, last and short name. if it is set to 0 than the data from the user is taken (whatever he has configured in his local account).
    So in theory u don't even need to override/set it.