1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Exactly this. It's a hotlapper problem. Guys get a better exit and therefore think, Oh I am faster therefore I have right of the next corner no matter what. These guys spend so much time in hotlap mode that they have no racing talent. They do not know how to pass, how to follow, how to force mistakes.
    The guy was lecturing me claiming he had a 99SA rating (probably farmed to bits against AI).

I always believe that when people are unable to even follow for more than 1 corner, they have no place in an online lobby ruining fun for everyone else. Sure, mistakes happen, but this guy was one of the poorest standards of driving I have seen in a long time.

2. PAPA JOHN 2

PAPA JOHN 2 Rookie

This is so funny.
    The same guy took me out earlier this week at Nurburgring (80+ SA race).
    Pretty much the same move.

3. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Yeah, he's a typical hotlapper, cannot race and farms the SA rating by racing AI on easy. Next time he does that to me and starts mouthing off in the chat that it was MY fault....well, he won't be finishing the race. I am not one for revenge attacks, but a guy who purposely punts people to cheat...I'll sacrifice an SA point to deal with these types of idiot.
    It is not racing, it is cheating.

4. devil in me

devil in me Racer

thanks

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. devil in me

devil in me Racer

thanks too..

6. devil in me

devil in me Racer

well thats where u are mistaken. look with clear eyes. its the car in front hiting the one behind. for one simple reason. he moved in reaction to the car behind move. thats a "no no" in racing. but im not here to explain the obvious. Either way the car in front have to pick up a line and stick with it. he didnt done it. and the same goes for the last video where people saying its the guy behind fault. its not. Once again the car ahaed didnt defend and moved in reaction to the car behind, and after he goes into the middle of the track, giving no option to the car behind where to go.

And u said it very clear and very well. its up to the car behind to do a clean overtake. in both situations ( not as much in the first video, but on this second video yes) the car behind didnt done nothing wrong. he as a run, he moves into the side, and what happens is the car in front that didnt defend when he should have done it, wants now that he sees the other intentions to move under braking into the other guys line. ITs call block and intentional. in both this situations im pretty sure the car in front would receive a penalty in real live. they both where to late to decide what they want to do .

If u are in dought of how the driver behind behaves and what he is going to do, and u dont want to lose position than u should defend, on a proper time, defending to late its always your fault. Two simple rules to follow are, not moving under braking, and dont move in reaction to the car behind. What u can do when not defending the inside in time, is pinching the other car, but always giving him enough space on track. To pinch another car. u allow him ( because u didnt saw it coming) to go on your inside, but whille he is still not interly at your side u start moving ( smooth, don't turn the wheel 90º) into the middle of the track giving him almost no space to have a proper turn, making him slow down much more than u. ( hope i was clear what i mean).

What u did on this video was a block, moved to block him because u saw he was going for it. At the time u saw it, it was to late for u to make a proper defending move. the option was a pinch.

Thats my go on the last video.. but well what do i know ..... pretty sure im going to be bashed again.

P.s. to be clear, the car ahaed should have defended before or during the uphill right "kink", not after, after is to late therefore "wrong".

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  7. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Revenge is not nice even if he start mouthing to you in chat. You’re then absolutely the same as him. These things happen, so stay strong and please don’t do revenges.

8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I've said my piece and have nothing further to add.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    AndyK70 likes this.
  9. devil in me

devil in me Racer

just stating the obvious. If u are behaving as both cars in front on this last two videos, your are doing it wrong and putting blame on people that aren't doing nothing wrong.

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

We'll have to agree to differ.

AndyK70 likes this.
  11. Well,
    I think @devil in me have a great understanding about race craft, track behaviour, strategies in general. He might be questionable in the specific incidents he's arguing at but I think he's a great guy to race with.

AndyK70 and Winston like this.
  12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

unfortunally u not even meetting me on my good times.. im struggling a lot with ffb feelling and pleasure in driving.. stopped for several months to see if it came back, but still nothing. im getting involved in incidents for lack of pace against people that dont have even a bit of knowledge of what they do on track. but whatever. not to long ago i was racing the top split in ACC and fighting for top positions. ( not only in ACC but whatever).

13. Hello. It's me, again :)
    This time my question is:
    Was my move that bad to justify his behaviour after the incident?

H. Cruiser was blocking me the entire last lap under blue flags but he was not done with his revenge.
    He crashed full speed into me after the race was over but the replay stopped at the finish line, unfortunately. Not really surprisingly but I forgot the possibility to get BWP's even after the race. :(

Special warning for @Felge Schneider ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@After_Midnight Err... uuh... what? o_O
    You overtook him and he nudged you twice in the back and spun off in the dirt. No brake check that I can see, just impatience and maybe anger he lost a position.
    So what is his point anyway?

And as always: Revenge for whatever reason is always worse than the actual incident. (imho)

15. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

TBH I can't see that you did anything wrong, you were past clean and completely ahead, he should have applied a touch of brake.

16. devil in me

devil in me Racer

do you want me to describe both guys thinking on that situation ? :) hehehehe

The overtake was clean, u parked in both apex because u wanted to firstly keep your line on the inside of the first left turn to than be on the outside on second in case he was able to keep up with you on the first one to then be on the inside for the first part of the chicane in case u havent pass him on the straight yet, but he tried the undercut on the first left turn so u were happy to stay in front and set yourself for the inside on the second one as well, but u thought he was going to send it on the outside around u, so u were conservative again on the apex so u wouldn't wash out the track and bump him, but... he tried another undercut..
    Because on both apex u were parked, he bumped you twice, and in his head u were to slow to overtake him and you were trying to "brake or coast check him", and he wasn't able to go on throtle and undercut as he wanted. On top of that he lost it and spun.

The way i see it, your move was legit 100%. He tried the undercut, u saw it and toke advantage of his mistake and lack of skill and timming. Don't really see the reason he got mad. but my guess was u doing pressure behind him for a few turns already or even a lap or two. and that made him boil, for no reason let me say.

How wrong did i got it ?

Radfahrer, AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  17. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Well if you must insist on overtaking people (cleanly) you've only yourself to blame ;)

18. Answered in the YT comment section, I think :)

I don't know why but sometimes it's a strange feeling if people are arguing that angry in the ingame chat. And even when I think to have done everything right. :confused:

Mate, awesome summary of the incident :) And now out of me head :p

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Radfahrer, AndyK70 and devil in me like this.
  19. devil in me

devil in me Racer

20. devil in me

devil in me Racer