1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. devil in me

devil in me Racer

i cant Quote u . and its quoting me like if u said it. loolll dont know what i got wrong here lol

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. Maybe I should go out of your head :D

AndyK70 and devil in me like this.
  3. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Please stick to hotlap mode. Drivers can defend however they want provided they are not moving around in braking zones.
    You blaming a car in front for the driver behind rear ending them is hilarious.
    In the one I was punted off on, I did not move under braking. I positioned my car in the middle of the road to take a tight line. If the car behind misjudges this (which he did) then it shows poor race craft and someone unable to read the flow of racing other cars. Under braking my line did not change, I am looking at the apex now, and all of a sudden some idiot behind who can't hold his own piss,intentionally taps me to gain a position.
    The divebomb in the second video just proves the point that this driver cannot race.

Winston likes this.
  4. GONKO

GONKO Racer

So in this video its not the cars in front fault, but in my one it was.
    Are you the rammer from my video?

5. devil in me

devil in me Racer

in fact u can't place your car however u want, the way u did it, was a block not a defence. and its very clear on your video about it. There are differences u should learn about.

There are clear differences in both videos, that if u can't "read" them, then im not the one that should stick to hotlap mode. In both cases i think i tried the best to explain what happened and what went wrong, for those that cant "read" whats happening.

I explained how u should have defended in your video and what should have been done. If u dont agree, its up to u.
    I gave my sight about both videos, wasnt what u wanted to hear, fine, keep doing the way u do. There is nothing i will say that gona make u learn about your mistake, so keep doing that way.

6. @devil in me
    Next time when H. Cruiser is waiting for me for his revenge at the final turn please let me go through the pits to finish the race. I think his blood would boil even more if he have to fight a ghost :D:D:D

AndyK70 and devil in me like this.
  7. GONKO

GONKO Racer

So how should I have defended?
    You wanted me to chose one side.....but I don't want to. I placed my car centrally and braked straight towards the apex. This is basic defence.
    You should really stick to offline racing with the AI.
    Are you the guy in my videos that caused both wrecks?
    And a defence is a block by the way. You just need to be aware of it coming when following. It was very obvious what I was doing with the door fully closed. The following car knew he could not pass due to my good defence, so punted me off on purpose.

8. devil in me

devil in me Racer

i can't explain u in a better way, maybe someone else have the will to do it.

And NO mate i'm not the guy in your videos, i thought that was clear from the beginning but ok.

I explain if im not mistaken 3 times why i think u did wrong. if u dont understand a simple rule and a simple behavor on track. i think its all said about that. Keep doing your way and good luck.

9. David Danser

David Danser Racer

I kind of see the point of devil in me,I dont think this situation is that clear cut though.
    But it seemed like you moved a little to the left when he went for the move causing the collision.
    Although it was a semi divebomb and a hard place to overtake, so I would say both drivers are to blame.. more a racing incident if i would have been a steward.

10. Jabbah

Jabbah Racer

Hi guys

Did the Lambo do an unsafe rejoin here and cause the Merc to bin it?

Edit: Sorry don't know how to timestamp it. Incident starts at 1:53

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  11. I think the rejoin was ok'ish, more or less. The was a lot time for the Mercedes to react.

No. That's on the Mercedes only.

trutya, AndyK70 and devil in me like this.
  12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

What to say about this one ?

If need i can provide other perspectives of the incident.

13. bbman

bbman Racer

No, this is not basic defense, that one is called "changing line under braking", and is frowned upon in all forms of motorsport.

devil in me is completely correct @GONKO, you missed the opportunity to defend properly and in a predictable manner. You then go on to slam the door you left open, with nowhere for the other Ferrari to go. With both of you having the same braking potential, please tell us how you would have wanted the other car to avoid contact when they're having a speed advantage and you pull over towards the apex and slam on the brakes at literally the same time? This is akin to blaming a lorry driver rearending a car pulling in front and slamming on the brakes because they missed their exit... Also keep in mind, while you already mulled over the decision to steer towards the apex (thus extending your braking distance) for a while, a human being needs a moment to react to something surprising him/her. From that point of view, it should be clear when it's gotten this close, moving over and braking has to end in disaster. Calling him and others who don't agree with you names doesn't shine a favourable light on yourself either.

All that being said, there was no way the Ferrari would have gotten enough overlap to challenge the corner in a meaningful way, and it might have ended up in a divebomb attempt. THAT would have been squarely on him though. He might have also done the right thing and pulled back, we'll never know...

@devil in me: I'd say Lambo should have conceded the corner, as he already was off track and only the kerb saved him from another excursion. The Aston probably didn't think the other car would make the corner with this trajectory (if he even still saw the Lambo), therefore using the whole width. I'd file it under racing incident, with a majority of the blame for the Lamborghini.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

a few laps later from the first clip.

he waited for me a first time, but didnt got the timming to punt me of.

so he kept trying lol.

I dont even understand this people. Can someone explain me the thinking on this guy ??

What did i done wrong on first clip ?

15. devil in me

devil in me Racer

:eek: :eek: :eek: whatttttt ? ok....
    even with one screen he would be seing the lambo all the time, the lambo is full ahaed in front of the aston. The lambo went off track to give the Aston room on the first fast right leg, just to be sure the aston wouldnt ruin it for both there. U can see the lambo is not pushing or out of control, its intentional the off track, at that moment the lambo is in front 100% , the lambo can turn in and hit the second apex at will, once again he didnt just to be sure and give room to the aston.

The lambo is complety above the whole curb to give the aston the entire rest of the track. But its on the Lambo. hehe :D ok i dont want to be another Gonko here hahaha :D

And by the way i think offtrack in that situation means nothing. its a side by side. he didnt gave me room on the outside after first leg. i had to go outside wanting or not . But still its a side by side. he needs to know there is a car there with him i think.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  16. GONKO

GONKO Racer

There was no line change under braking.
    I took a more central line which means I brake earlier.
    The following driver is not smart enough to read the situation and causes a crash.
    All that being said, the following driver was an idiot trying to overtake on that corner, of all the places he could have went for LOL. It just shows his inexperience.

17. GONKO

GONKO Racer

The Lamborghini is all over the place here and does a very poor rejoin while another car is on the exit.
    Lambo driver has no control of his own car and drives into someone else.
    Just a typical inexperienced driver in a public lobby.

18. GONKO

GONKO Racer

The Aston won the corner, you carried too much speed and lost control. You decided to stay side by side when the corner is lost. You then rejoined the track into another car. The Aston doesn't need to give room, he is on the apex, your gone wide from not accepting defeat. He outsmarted you, forced you wide and made you crack under pressure so you drive into him. You didn't even slow to check for other cars.
    Go race the AI to get some experience up.

19. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Merc was on power and upshifting long after the rejoin. Merc driver just outbraked himself.
    The rejoin was OK. The Merc was a good bit back and was off the main racing line pretty much.

20. trutya

trutya Simracer

i think the Aston should have - for his own good too - shown more carefulness and give a tiny bit more of room, he won the position anyway. unfortunate incident but i wouldn't put this fully on the Lambo driver.