1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 215 – Less is more, with Asian fusion

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Improvement
    AC
    BenBB
    1:34:039
    PC
    s1.PNG
    Not the time I was hoping for, but still, a nice step forward.
    Took me forever to assemble the lap, though I could clearly identify places where I was faster than my reference...
    A bullet first sector, 15 hundredths into the green zone (1 tenth quicker than Mr GGE), and I finally made it through !

2. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

@Benoit Boyadjis You are a hard worker.

With some time to spare I checked difference in lap times with 10°. Result is 0.3 seconds quicker.

Improvement
    AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:33:552
    [​IMG]

3. Talking about suspense...
    Happy that you finally agree on the cold setup, and that you fought for even more domination !
    That's now clearly out of reach :p

4. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

This is good. Wait I get the popcorn!

5. Great stuff!
    We will all have to go again, at 10DegC! :)

6. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I knew 10° would bring out the extra bit, but my point is that the gain from lower temps is greater on other cars. You can tell it clearly grips more, but the downside is that the rear grips a bit too much. I think for most people 20° is the better choice in terms of driveability. :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  7. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

I'm starting late this week, lots to catch up.

Regarding the 120 thousand budget, I would go for a giulia quadrifoglio. A 2017 model sells for about 40k, the remaining 80k are more than enough for some upgrades, possibly increased turbo remap and a set of (larger?) slick tires for track day.

As we have the quadrifoglio on AC, I made a comparison, I was 12 seconds slower than the lotus (1.49.5), but without my mods. Not bad for a saloon.

The GTA or GTAm I believe are beyond 120k.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

AC
    Improvement

Lewis
    1:33.789 - SX

[​IMG]
    That’s definitely it from me. The last 20 ish laps I’ve done have been getting slower instead of improving, I keep over driving it on the last 3-4 corners and making too many mistakes.

Does anyone know if AC runs on a Mac?
    I know they aren’t for gaming but I’m curious to try it if it does to see if there’s a difference from console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

You can, but you will need an emulator that allows you to run Windows, such as Parallels or Boot Camp. Not sure what peripherals you’ll be able to connect though?

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks mate.
    Mmm, Prob leave it then, Sounds like a lot of hassle.
    I totally forgot about peripherals doh!

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

It’s pretty simple to get running, in computer terms not console, but playing on keyboard??? Although saying that, playing on keyboard you’ll probably still be faster than I could be on SX and wheel

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

No!! Definitely not with a keyboard mate. I’ll never understand why people prefer to use mouse and keyboard for gaming rather than a controller.
    I know they say it’s better for FPS games but
    I remember having to do it years ago before Xbox and ps controllers and I hated it.

13. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Great stuff Lewis

Totall Wrytoff and Lewisxbone like this.
  14. Outstanding driving this week. Really great to see.
    It warrants a Saturday Leader board update!

Weekly Hotlap Challenge 215
    Saturday Standings

Assetto Corsa
    Lotus 3-Eleven at Vallelunga

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ – 1.33.552 PC
    2. Lewis - 1:33.789 SX
    3. BenBB – 1.34.039 PC
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 1.35.712 PS4
    5. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 1.35.856 Xbox
    6. Rod100 - 1.37.168 Xb1
    7. El miau - 1.37.345 PS4
    8. Jimmy_3226 - 1:37.738 PS4
    9. Laughing Gravy - 1.39.438 PS4

Wow!
    Good Game has gone out for a second run! He improves his time by 3/10ths and it is just as well. Lewis pops in an absolute peach of a lap, a tenth faster than GoodGame's original and just 2/10ths off his top spot! This is a very rare week where GoodGame is under pressure... and knowing Lewis.... :)
    All of this slightly overshadows the brilliant effort put in by BenBB! Fantastic effort. Is his lady onside and is there more in the tank?;)

This is the time when real champions are able to dig deep and find those extra tenths....:D

Assetto Corsa Competizione
    AMR V8 Vantage GT3 at Suzuka

5 laps

1. SlowGrayAudi - 10:15.117 PC
    2. Caly82Race - 10:19.941 XB1
    3. Mike Reynolds - 10:20:631 PC
    4. SlowGrayAudi - 10:23.124 PS4

Despite Caly82's recent entry, SlowGrayAudi, on his new PC, is fastest! By quite some margin.
    That shows how the console version can mug talent. Caly would be doing 10mins 11 secs on a PC!:)
    How about the AC Back To Back comparison @SlowGrayAudi ?:)

Just over 24hrs to go....

15. The only thing about these types of cars is that they eat brakes and tyres on track. So that is where some budget needs to go.
    I had to look the Quadrifoglio GTA up, having not heard about it... Wow!
    It is over budget! Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA = £153,000! (GTam will be £158k!)

Nonetheless, it rocks! It looks absolutely stonking!
    upload_2021-2-27_14-44-26.png
    https://www.evo.co.uk/alfa-romeo/gi...-alfa-romeo-giulia-gta-enters-final-stages-of

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC
    Neilski
    PC
    Oh wow, I'm in awe at the 1:33s around here!
    How much wing is "right"? I've gone with 0 (nope, didn't like that) and then 4 (seemed better than the default of 7) and settled on 3. I have a feeling that may be "wrong" tho :)
    Fun car though.
    upload_2021-2-27_15-28-22.png

17. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

AC runs really well on PS4, Since Kunos did it themselves and it was not outsourced to another company. It runs at 60fps on console.

So i dont think there will be much difference in AC honestly.

Its just ACC being poorly ported, as well as being like 7 updates behind PC isnt helping im either.

The hardware limitations on PS4 are killing ACC.

18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Honestly, given a choice between eye candy at 30 fps and a sh*t driving experience, and basic (even wireframe!) graphics at 60+ fps and a beautiful driving experience, I know which I'd choose...
    Edit: or is the CPU also a factor?

19. :D I was on 12....

Nonetheless @SlowGrayAudi , it would be very interesting to see... :):):)

Emmanuel Tubbiolo likes this.
  20. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Ill see if i have time. I have a busy weekend (i work tomorrow)

Emmanuel Tubbiolo likes this.