1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

It will only show anything once you have a car and track selected

upload_2021-4-11_18-56-11.png

2. stephanevh

stephanevh Rookie

Ok, i was not curious enough there. Thanks

3. There might be several reasons.

- If you installed it recently, there may not be and data recorded yet. It can not retrieve the data before the installation. Your new lap data will be recorded from now on. ((Do not forget to run ARC before running ACC).
    - You forgot to run ARC before ACC that it could not record.
    - In the tab you mention there are several drop down menu filters. You have to at least choose a track and a car and tick all sessions to have a reports. Beware different versions of tracks and car. If you select Barcelona 2018-2019 but ACC was set for 2020 season again the report may not produce any results. If you are unsure of the season (I usually do not), select the track name without a season date. It retrieves all results for that car in Barcelona track regardless of season.

4. Opps. ıt looks like i am late.
    [

5. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

Question regarding points in leagues.
    when i assign my first session result, Race Type=GT World Challenge it uses 17,5 Points for P1 - shouldn't that be 16,5 ?

6. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

Doug,
    Your app has spoiled me, so I do not pay attention on the fuel usage, just what your app tells me to use.

So, question about fuel.
    I had a wet race recently and I used a different ECU map compared to normal running (I used 720 and ran ECU map 8 instead of 1)
    NOT including changing the ECU map, but does a wet race use different amount of fuel compared to a dry race?
    I know the lap times are higher, but wondering if the fuel per lap is higher or lower on average?

I'm not looking any changes to your awesome app, just wondering if there is a rule of thumb between wet and dry races for fuel NOT including ECU map changes

7. Doug Duthie

Wet races will tend to use less fuel that dry races, even on the same ECU map as you'll be at full throttle less of the time (brake earlier/accelerate later and smoother).

Also, as a side note, the wet maps don't necessarily use less fuel or have less power than the dry maps (dependent on car) - they generally are there for a smoother throttle response. For the McLaren, map 8 is only slightly more economical than map 1 in the same conditions (from my very un-scientific comparison)

upload_2021-4-12_17-3-30.png

NebulaSmudge likes this.
  8. Hi Doug,

I have an other silly problem. The results for Imola (in which my laps recorded) does not list any other car, WR, Q slowest etc. The Track name listed as ımola not Imola. In our language character sets we have I, ı (i without dot), İ (I with dot) and i. the problem is obviously caused by I version used is not recognized in EN character set. My Windows is EN (US), but region and KeyB in TR. I changed both back to EN(US) but it did not changed. In ACC log the language is logged as TR despite the change. ACC must have accept it as default when i first installed. I tried to correct it manually with fix session it did not work that way either. Do you think i can correct it without reinstalling ACC?

9. Doug Duthie

The track names aren't language dependent - "imola" is the ACC identifier regardless of language according to the documentation...or so I thought. I'm not sure how ACC works when it comes to character sets - if it picks them when the game starts or if it only does them at install time.

Regardless, ARC should still be able to work with whatever character set you are using. How are other tracks with "i" displayed? - Silverstone, Kyalami, Donington?

The reason you aren't seeing other cars for imola is because ACC uses different codes for shared memory (where I get your information) and UDP/Broadcast (where I get others) - For Imola, this is something like "autodromo enzo e dino ferrari". Clearly, the lookup won't work if the shared memory code isn't recognised.

Can you export the diagnostics so I can look at the database - instructions are found here - https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812. I'll check what I find in the database

10. Doug Duthie

Turkish language/locale

Quick question - Is there anyone out there who is using ACC Results Companion with Turkish as the default locale/language on their PC? I want to check if races on Imola are being recorded correctly

Thanks
    Doug

11. We have two different letter in the alphabet one with the the dot and the other without. the letter i is already exists in all alphabets and it will not cause any problem. for example if you write imola starting with small i the EN and other EU packs make it Imola but in TR it again uses the capital version of i. As there is no i without dot in other packs it does not cause any problems. But if the apps ask ask to enter a word ie our name which contains the undotted i, we seldomly notice the problem on our screens but the app and the viewers of other nationalities see is character look like a dotted y. Thats why i realized this only after using ARC for two months. I recently started practicing Imola.

12. I clicked post reply before attaching the log. Sorry.

13. Doug Duthie

It looks like ACC is supplying "ımola" for you but for all other language packs this is provided as "imola". It seems odd that the character is being translated, but other tracks with "i" in aren't. Or would this be expected behaviour in Turkish if a word begins with "i"?

I'm going to check with Kunos to see if this is intended behaviour

14. the letter i is written with dot when in capital. As ASCII code for I and i is standard, and there is no ASCII II code for "I with dot" and " i without dot" ASCII to win conversion sometimes causes problems. It is hard to describe when you can not see the characters (check the picture i attached). Assume that you use A and a as capital and small letters in EN. We have exact same A and a but A is not capital for a. instead they look like this Ab Ba. B and b are not in ASCII Set the codes . The codes assigned for them in TR set corresponds to some weird characters in EN set. We have total of 6 letters (12 capital and small) that is not in INT ASCII, but as accept this one other 4 letters does not exist in other alphabets that they do not cause any problem.

We used to have a lot of accent marks mostly to modify voval letters but all were abandoned in late 70's. young generations can not pronounce many words correctly anymore. ie, hala. With different accent marks there were 7 version, 7 different pronunciation and all had different 7 meanings. Now they know one pronunciation and only two meanings of it.

If we use any of these 10 character in our passwords, even in some Turkish systems (which use EN ASCII as coding language) may say it is invalid password.

Attached Files:

• TR.png
      TR.png
      File size:
      8.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  15. Doug Duthie

Thanks for the explanation. I use a unicode conversion to read in strings from shared memory - this seems to work fine for player names that have non-ASCII characters. I'm still not sure if this is a problem with my code or with the data ACC supplies. However, I think the quickest solution would be to add a translation table so I can convert "unexpected" tracks to their documented track codes. I'm out of town at the moment though, so it might be a short wait until I can get this done

16. Doug Duthie

I see the issue now. Imola was the only track in shared memory that wasn't all in lowercase, and wasn't therefore the same as the code in server results. To work around this, I lowercased all track names, but as you point out the lowercase of "Imola" isn't what I was expecting :oops:

17. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.12.0 Released (here)

Headlines:

Tyre set Overview
    By right clicking on a session's lap, you can select Display tyre sets.

[​IMG]
    This will show a summary of the tyres used
    • Tyre set (number of tyre set used. Note - 0 is always wet)
    • Measurement:
      • Initial - Temperatures/pressures when tyres put on the car
      • Average - Average Temperatures/pressures for the tyre set through the session
      • Maximum - The maximum temperature/pressure for each tyre
      • Minimum- The maximum temperature/pressure for each tyre
    • The heatmap should be applicable to the car class (ie GT4's use higher pressures that GT3's)

[​IMG]
    There are a couple of quirks (driven by the data provided by ACC)
    • Wet tyres are always tyre set 0. Therefore, there is no way of knowing if wet tyres have been replaced with more wet tyres, so the measurements will be across all wet tyres (with Initial just being the initial measurements for the first set)
    • You may see tyre sets with no measurements. This will be the case if you enter the garage - a fresh set will be put on the car but no figures will be available until you come off the jacks
    Wheel Rotation
    By request, the wheel rotations for each car have been added to the fuel page

[​IMG]

Fixes
    • Imola now recognised in Turkish
    • When switching between sessions, the sort order of laps should be preserved
    • Ignore ARC Leaderboard would previously ignore any driver with a result on the ARC Leaderboard - even driver's you raced against or yourself. This has been fixed
    • The Porsche Cup real world records for Oulton Park actually used the Island circuit, not the International circuit. As I can't find any results for the full circuit, these have been removed.
    Thank you again for all those who have generously donated to this project.

Happy racing

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  18. Mitch Wright

Mitch Wright Rookie

Hey Doug. loving the App.
    Came across an anomaly that doesn't seem to have been addressed before.
    We had a Teams Endurance event over the weekend and the app worked as advertised with race results but it seems non-active drivers are credited on the Leaderboard with the active driver's Qualy time. I assume this is due to all drivers being linked in the server for the event.
    I looked for a way to filter the individual driver record but had no luck.
    Any suggestions?

19. Doug Duthie

I've never been able to test with MP driver changes, so it is likely that some things don't work properly.

Can you upload the diagnostics (instructions here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812) and give some examples where it is incorrect. I'll see if I can get that fixed

20. Mitch Wright

Mitch Wright Rookie

Hey Doug. Thanks for the quick response. I've uploaded 2 files. A Qualy Session I took part in and the following Qualy for a different class.

Do I post User ID and examples from the Leaderboard here or elsewhere? The session info shows the correct driver taking part but the Leaderboard credits his co-drivers with the same laptime.

Obviously I can delete the session but I'd rather not as there are some pretty good (Alienesque) times posted.

Again, thanks for your help.