1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

APP: ACC Engineer

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Jun 21, 2020.

1. FastFred

FastFred Gamer

The new understeer/oversteer feature is a great addition. Really useful for setup work and understanding the car and your driving. Good work man!

WallyM likes this.
  2. Laszlosr1

Laszlosr1 Rookie

Great job. Although the Engine map feul rates boxes remains empty. Any idea what is wrong? See Snipe

Attached Files:

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Once you get a fuel reading after driving, you have to manually type in the map and fuel rate in the boxes.

4. milko9000

milko9000 Rookie

has anybody hit on a clever way to use this while driving in VR? I can't really see my monitor from my driving position, annoyingly.

5. studsr

studsr Rookie

Thanks so much for this app WallyM, I've been using it a good while,

However, with the latest version, I also cant get the fuel required working on the new version. I have typed one mapping value, after going out and getting tyre pressure suggestions, into the empty boxes, however the suggested fuel never updates from zero?

Can you explain how to get it working please.

Many thanks,

Andy

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Have you entered the length of the race?

7. studsr

studsr Rookie

Yes - 30 minutes.

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

And done enough laps to get a fuel rate? ACC reports the litres per lap, and I just use that figure to work out the required fuel. Maybe post a screenshot.

9. studsr

studsr Rookie

I did around 10 laps, on the older version that was usually enough.

I will test again later today, and post screenshots.

Thanks for your quick responses and help - much appreciated.

10. David Brock

David Brock Rookie

I would like to see an look for an update feature if that is possible. Until today I didn't know there was a 1.6 version but thanks to a video buy studr I do and was still using 1.0.

11. studsr

studsr Rookie

All sorted WallyM - I think the issue with fuel load not updating was because I was not alt-tab'ing out to ACC Race Engineer, but exiting ACC fully - when you do this, the tyre pressure suggested figures are still there, but the suggested fuel load does not show. If you alt-tab instead from ACC, all seems to work fine.

As David Brock has pointed out, I've done a wee video on your excellent piece of software, on my YouTube channel. Many thanks again for your contribution and development.

chksix and WallyM like this.
  12. AndroidNutz

AndroidNutz Rookie

I just wanted to say "thank you".

This app is amazing. I've been using it now for about a month and it works great.

Thank you for all the hard work.

Also special shout to "studr" for the video.

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

New version 1.3 in the first post. Added a Setup Tips button.

Setup Tips
    Once you have some understeer and oversteer measurements, the Setup Tips button displays setup tips to address the two areas with the highest measurements. The setup tips come from the Setup Engineer Bot in the Aris.Drives Discord channel.

upload_2021-7-6_10-34-36.png

Supercyco, chksix, DiegoSR and 2 others like this.
  14. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

This is such a time-saver! Thanks for updating this indispensable app!

WallyM likes this.
  15. Hiortintexas

Hiortintexas Rookie

Hello, the application is only opening in the background for some reason lately. I have tried everything. When hovering over it on the task bar it just shows an empty box.
    What can be wrong ?
    It’s just and exe and have no other properties installed somewhere, right?

thanks

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yes, it's just an exe. It probably depends on Microsoft redistributables. You could try installing them from here https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/VC_redist.x64.exe

17. Phast

Phast Rookie

I reenamed the exe-file to something like ACC Engineer_2.exe or now ACC Engineer_1.3.0.0.exe, then it will open again like it's first started and resettet settings.

18. nullteiler

nullteiler Rookie

Is there a way to contribute to the development? Especially for saving data to manage setups. I would be happy to help :)

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Just giving me ideas for useful new features is a good way to help.

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. This is great.
    Could you make it usable with other sims? like ams2 and aseeto corsa?

WallyM likes this.