1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #238

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

The Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Maserati Alfieri
    Track: Brands Hatch Indy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No you are NOT in a time warp! We are extending last week's combo because I was the only one who attempted it. I'm going to assume that its due to summer vacations and that its too nice to be inside and not that no one actually liked the combo. So no worries, you didn't miss your chance to try the Alfieri @ Brands Hatch

RSR WR 52.263

Ideal PSI - Turns out its not listed in my master list of Ideal PSI. From what I can remember from my two laps, I think its around 28.

How to take part - Hot lap:

To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Maserati Alfieri and the Brands Indy Circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Spa
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday Aug. 14th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Well I'm off to my annual trip to the British GT Championships this weekend, Snetterton this year, my 1st time there and quite a drive from Somerset! Bit of an iffy forecast so good chance of some showers throughout the weekend....No prizes for guessing this weeks challenge then!

Season 2018
    1. Car: Aston Martin AMR V12 Vantage GT3
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins (laps + total time)
    3. Time of day: 10:00
    4. Track: Snetterton
    5. Weather type eg: light rain
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

For AC, no you weren’t, I set a time as well. At least that’s two of us!

4. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

X1
    F1415182235
    [​IMG]
    Max front negative camber

5. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

:oops::confused::eek:

Sorry! My bad for forgetting about your post @TinPeach .

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

No worries fella. As a married man with 2 kids and animals, I’m used to being overlooked. :)

7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:29.589
    PC
    6 laps

Best lap 1:53.856

Map 1, Wet tires.

Very nice to drive the v12 Aston. A few tweaks but very well behaved. I'm sure there's plenty of time left on the table. I kept reducing TC and ABS, ended at 2 and 2. so much grip!!!

upload_2021-8-10_3-57-10.png

upload_2021-8-10_3-59-28.png

8. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:22.386
    PC
    6 laps

Best lap 1:53.229

Map 1, Wet tires.

Started the session with TC/ABS at 2/2. Lowered BB to 59

Rear wing 8, rear bar 5, front springs 140k, softer dampers, rear height 61mm

upload_2021-8-10_11-44-56.png

upload_2021-8-10_11-45-25.png

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  9. SlowGrayAudi

Uploaded a video of the quickest lap. I'm sure there's more time but I'm having a busy week with a new work schedule.

1:53.229

10. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:21.894
    PC
    6 laps

Best lap 1:53.118 Left 3 tenths on the table like an idiot. blehhhhhhhhhhh

Last lap was garbage!

Small tweaks for more rotation

upload_2021-8-10_16-29-6.png

upload_2021-8-10_16-32-6.png

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    11:40.449
    XSX
    6 laps

Stuck in a safe session as I don’t have much time this week, another family holiday! This was the safe setup with wets thrown on for good measure.

Attached Files:

12. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    11:36.084
    XSX
    6 laps

Attached Files:

13. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Itching to get a run at this after watching at Snetterton at the weekend....nothing like seeing it in the flesh to inspire you! Last week before hols though so work getting in the way!

14. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    11:34.917
    XSX
    6 laps
    Not going to post anymore until I’ve made a decent improvement - otherwise I could be on every 5 secs!

Mike - I may not be quick on this selection, but it is a great drive nonetheless, very enjoyable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  15. SlowGrayAudi

Id try the aggressive setup with wets instead. The cars needs more rotation around this track. Waiting for it to turn just bleeds time, especially in the wet.

Tire pressures should be be between 30-31psi. Keep the ducts at 3. I think my starting pressures are in the 25psi range

16. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Tyre pressures are in a good window, I’ll have a go with the aggressive setup and wets.

Have to be honest though, got distracted thrashing a 962c around Nords using the shifter.

17. SlowGrayAudi

Cant blame you there haha!

Whats your tc and abs? I found so much time dropping them to 2/2.

Apparently light rain means dry when you're on wets lol

18. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:20.256
    PC
    6 laps

Best lap 1:53.097

Map 1, Wet tires.

TC/ABS at 1/2. TC 1 helped in the hairpins

springs 135k fr, 140k rr

If i could string together one good lap it would be a 1:52 finally. blehhhhhhhhhhh

0.250s on the table

upload_2021-8-11_13-0-7.png

upload_2021-8-11_13-0-34.png

Attached Files:

19. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Hello guys,

I am back from the beautiful Seychelles. While I had a pleasant time, I started to miss my sim rig after a while ;)
    [​IMG]

So, back to racin today - I felt super rusty, even a bit dizzy after the first corners. So I did a couple of laps just to get back into rythm. Like others, I pretty much maxed out fron camber and set toe to ~0 front and back.
    AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    51:761
    [​IMG]

20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    11:33:195 / 6 Laps
    PC

Shake down with standard wet set up (but turned down TC and ABS)...what was noticeable at the weekend, in all car classes not just the GT3/4 racing, was how many people overshot and carried straight on at the chicane at the end of the Bentley straight, that feels like quite a hard mistake to make in the sim...they must be being much more daring on the brakes than I am!

ACC WHC Header.PNG

21. SlowGrayAudi

i brake at the "I" marker for that left right. Just stay right and as you start braking you need to start going left and trail brake all the way around, i go down to 1st gear for the right, which always seems awkward