1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

2. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

@Minolin Please, don't forget to update the handbook tomorrow.
    It would be great to get it even before the release to update sites for a new content.Thank you in advance.

Darcy Callai Junior and cestcomi like this.
  3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Handbook updated (download contains the same)

icemanzp likes this.
  4. PabloEK

PabloEK Gamer

I had read that by setting up a 'private multiplayer server' using registerToLobby: 0 you can find your server in the multiplayer browser by entering your server's name in the "Search for server by name" field.

Is this correct?

kro likes this.
  5. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Perfectly correct. We always use it in league so that our members find them easily.

6. PabloEK

PabloEK Gamer

Thanks. Just to confirm that's with registerToLobby set to zero?

7. kro

kro Simracer

As soon as you add a password to make your server private it will no longer show in the open public lobby and you will need to use the search bar to find it ..
    I have never even looked at or messed with the registerToLobby: 0 line so i don't think you need to do anything other than add a password to make it private.

PabloEK likes this.
  8. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Sorry but how do we have to translate: When 0, this server won’t register to the backend.... in french

Clear as it was and still is :rolleyes:o_O in the handbook when you're not english and maybe even also for english readers.... sorry but we don't know and we always set it to 1 even though we know that it is a private server.
    What is in this case "backend" ?? in clear and precise words.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

In this case, the "back end" is the Kunos computer that lists all of the race servers.

10. PabloEK

PabloEK Gamer

Thanks all. TIL setting registerToLobby: 0 creates a LAN server which doesn't register to the Kunos backend.

kro likes this.
  11. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Except being invisible in the list with registerToLobby: 0 are there any other differences compared to registerToLobby: 1 ?
    Most league drivers are already finding their servers with the search bar so this difference is not important.

Thanks @WallyM for your precision ;)
    won’t register to the backend should better be ... won’t register to the main server list ( easier and more precise for everyone ).

12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Updated to version 1.8.17

PabloEK and Salvatore Amato like this.
  13. PabloEK

PabloEK Gamer

Thanks for the update @Minolin

Could we please get a bit more detail on "Fixed a server vulnerability"?

mrpbody likes this.
  14. I'm working on an interface for acc manager to manage all these 'lan' servers. Should be added either tonight or tomorrow.

Want2BFast likes this.
  15. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

What if i have more then one ACC server apps on one virtual server with same IP address. Is it possible to see all servers with the new feature in game LAN section?
    Now i can see only one.

16. mrpbody

mrpbody Rookie

You should be able to see all of them.
    A thought - Do you have , "lanDiscovery": 1 set for each ACC Server?

17. mrpbody

mrpbody Rookie

From the Server Admin handbook:
    Are we able to list multiple IP addresses? ie we have multiple servers across multiple countries
    If so, is each a new "leagueServerIP" record, or is it a comma delimited list or what?

18. I just released an update for acc manager, so you can manage multiple entries.. that way you can quickly switch between them.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-manager.71454/page-3#post-1217920

mrpbody likes this.
  19. mrpbody

mrpbody Rookie

I can confirm I'm only seeing 1 server too. And it's not the one I expected. Looks like it is only displaying the one on the lowest port number.

20. mrpbody

mrpbody Rookie

Is there a hard limit on the no. of Drivers that can be on a LAN server?
    Looking at a Server in the Public List shows Drivers = 48 whereas in the LAN list shows 24.

PabloEK likes this.