1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos announces multiplayer date

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Benjamin Joel, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin Joel

Benjamin Joel Hardcore Simmer

From Facebook Page:

Dear followers,

every year 25th April is celebrated as the Liberation Day in Italy. This day marks the end of fascist regime after the end of the Second World War in 1945, and the day commemorates the people who laid down their lives fighting the fascism.
    25th April is a public holiday in Italy. There are robust celebrations around the country to commemorate this day. Large processions are taken out in major parts of the country, and a general sense of celebration and bonhomie is prevalent throughout Italy on this day.

The next update of Assetto Corsa Early Access will include the multiplayer mode and was previously scheduled for tomorrow's release; our work in the last two months has been strongly focused to complete and deliver this feature properly. We have also made investments to set several free public servers for our users and a proper lobby for servers created by, users, leagues, simracing websites and so on. However, due to the 25th April celebration, we might have some issues to get the best possible support from our italian based server provider, right at launch day.

Multiplayer is one of the most awaited features for a lot of simracing enthusiasts, but in order to properly test in public the multiplayer mode, we need to get the best technical support possible; for this reason, and also in order to improve multiplayer functionalities and to develop some additional features, tomorrow's release has been shifted to Friday 2nd, May. This delay will allow us to release the multiplayer in a working day, getting fast and proper support by our provider, if needed. We are pretty sure you understand that we are working at our best to provide the best gaming experience we can. Thank you for your kind support and attention.

LaVabel, Hirzo, Snjper and 27 others like this.
  2. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Kudos Kunos! Great of them to be so open about this info, best developer out there!

3. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Ok so now the MP, another 2 more updates to go to see how is the career mode going to be :rolleyes:

4. Thank you Kunos! MP! That will be awesome!

5. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Finally! :) I hope you managed to optimize the code to it's best.

Forza Kunos.

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

:) Cheers Kunos. Definitely good news, that.

Shaddix likes this.
  7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

This makes total sense, one week of happy anticipation is almost a gift in itself.

And for many AC enthusiast Friday May 2nd will be a AC Nation holiday, as in taking the day off to enjoy MP.:D

8. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Great news Kunos :cool:

Have a beer (or 2) on me this Friday ;)

9. memo90frost

memo90frost Rookie

This is definitely great news. I did not expect MP so soon.

10. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Will I be able to host my own sessions with a couple of friends or will I have to play on a public server?

11. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Brilliant news as I'm off work.....except I'm going away that day for the weekend....oh well I can wait a couple extra days!

12. Deh

Deh Racer

Can't wait to play MP! Will there be only Italian servers?

13. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Dear followers,

every year 25th April is celebrated as the Liberation Day in Italy. This day marks the end of fascist regime after the end of the Second World War in 1945, and the day commemorates the people who laid down their lives fighting the fascism.
    25th April is a public holiday in Italy. There are robust celebrations around the country to commemorate this day. Large processions are taken out in major parts of the country, and a general sense of celebration and bonhomie is prevalent throughout Italy on this day.

The next update of Assetto Corsa Early Access will include the multiplayer mode and was previously scheduled for tomorrow's release; our work in the last two months has been strongly focused to complete and deliver this feature properly. We have also made investments to set several free public servers for our users and a proper lobby for servers created by, users, leagues, simracing websites and so on. However, due to the 25th April celebration, we might have some issues to get the best possible support from our italian based server provider, right at launch day.

Multiplayer is one of the most awaited features for a lot of simracing enthusiasts, but in order to properly test in public the multiplayer mode, we need to get the best technical support possible; for this reason, and also in order to improve multiplayer functionalities and to develop some additional features, tomorrow's release has been shifted to Friday 2nd, May. This delay will allow us to release the multiplayer in a working day, getting fast and proper support by our provider, if needed. We are pretty sure you understand that we are working at our best to provide the best gaming experience we can. Thank you for your kind support and attention.

Cari followers,

il prossimo update della beta di Assetto Corsa che includerà il supporto multiplayer era inizialmente previsto per il rilascio di domani: negli ultimi mesi abbiamo concentrato le nostre attività per migliorare e completare le funzionalità multigiocatore, e abbiamo investito per provvedere gratuitamente diversi server di gioco ufficiali che saranno affiancati da quelli creati da giocatori, leghe, portali di simracing, e così via.

Tuttavia, domani 25 Aprile si celebra come ogni anno la Festa della Liberazione, e il rilascio di un update che coinvolge non solo le nostre attività, ma anche quelle di fornitori esterni durante una festività nazionale, potrebbe creare difficoltà nel fornire adeguato supporto e risolvere tempestivamente eventuali problemi e bug risultanti da un testing di massa, per di più particolarmente atteso.

Il multiplayer è una delle feature più amate da molti appassionati di guida virtuale: per testarlo e supportarlo adeguatamente, riteniamo indispensabile operare nelle migliori condizioni possibili, e dopo aver valutato le opzioni disponibili, abbiamo deciso di spostare la release attesa per domani, che è totalmente focalizzata sul multiplayer, alla prossima settimana. Questo ci darà l'opportunità di perfezionare diverse funzionalità secondarie e di lanciare il multiplayer in un giorno lavorativo, potendo approfittare del miglior supporto tecnico dei nostri provider. Siamo certi che comprendete che stiamo lavorando al nostro meglio per fornirvi la migliore esperienza di gioco di cui siamo capaci. Grazie per il vostro incredibile supporto.

14. FishforRent

FishforRent Racer

I for one, will be off next Friday (purely a coincidence :cool: ). KS is showing many dev's out there in the ether-world how to communicatie PROPERLY with their customer base. Cheer's and have a great day-off KS Team (assuming you're taking one). I love your work.

15. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Phew. Gives me a bit of time to play some Dark Souls II. :)

16. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

I made a mistake moving/merging the thread, but please continue here. :D

17. Karina-Moskva

Karina-Moskva Simracer

Multiplayers mode ? :eek: Thanks Kunos ! :rolleyes:

18. Ales Nocar

Ales Nocar Hardcore Simmer

Give us at least some screenshots please. :D

Dennis Neo, Pascalwb and Anuj like this.
  19. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Sounds really great and its the right way to move the date to get a better start

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

20. Horus

Horus Alien

Yeehaw! Now there will be an end to the needy posts, well the multiplayer one anyway. Well done Team Kunos shame you could not hold on till the fourth, then we could have all cheered 'May the Fourth be with you'. Better get some sleep in now, so I can play for a few days straight without a kip. :)

Cleobis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.