1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos announces multiplayer date

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Benjamin Joel, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liakjim

liakjim Alien

dbell76 and Shaddix like this.
  2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Kudos, Kunos! :) Just asking, will it be purely MP on May 2, or will there be others? Again, great news!

3. Guys, don´t expected the MP to be perfect from day 1. Although its been in the pipes for some time, it still needs to be validated for real, and that means by us, Early Access Users.

MP is one of those things that must go right, so let´s try this time to handle things constructively and in an organized fashion, without the usual crying of frustration.
    What I suggest is for us, those who are willing to help improving it, to do as beta testers, reporting issues and bugs in a professional way. Those who only wants to play and have some fun, think twice before criticizing, it will probably do more harm than good.

4. Lee H

Lee H Rookie

I hope this isnt going to turn into Forza MP... i.e. ram opponents off the track ftw..with no penalty.

Anuj likes this.
  5. dbell76

dbell76 Racer

grande notizia e decisione perfetta!

Grazie Kunos!

6. Great great new ! :)

Thank you !

7. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I knew this day will eventually arrive. The end of my productivity and all social life form ends at May 2

nivadepi, kolbenfresa and Horus like this.
  8. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

I'm 95% sure he meant Friday May 2nd. They're only delaying a week because of the holiday.

9. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

Great news!! Nice work Kunos! :)

10. Sean

Sean Simracer

Great news, looking forward to it!

11. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I think the statement that the multiplayer is played only by small part of players, perhaps this is true for driving games like GT, Forza and the like, if we take as the SIM only comparison I'm sure 100% that the majority of players play online , think that RF2 has not even a real career or players Race 07, GTR, SCR, and i can go on, players play simulators mainly ONLINE aRCADE players and maybe play mainly with hybrid careers and singleplayer because structured very well.

However, this is great news, I look forward

Delqvs likes this.
  12. survivor91

survivor91 Gamer

You made me a nice birthday present since my birthday on May 8 :D

We begin to book the server

13. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

14. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

In my opinion, that are going to change . Years ago when you bought a GT you only were focused to accomplish all of the challenges in order to have as many cars as possible. Now you enjoy racing online rather than just play vs AI!!

In simulation games, all of us are just looking for multiplay experience. However sometimes AI can be great!

Not everybody has a good broadband to play online neither all of the games has multiplayer features. Remember that PS2 is still one of the most used videoconsole around the world

15. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Actually, with graphics and physics as good as AC's, I tend to enjoy hotlapping most. I doubt that will change with the addition of multiplayer, but I hope so.

16. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Rookie

Fair enough! Nothi g said behind the scenes! Asseto FTW!

Thank u kunos!

17. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

The wait is no problem for me. Thanks for the update and compliments to the way you nose off the announcement on MP on next update. The cut and thrust of development always takes a sometimes different direction.

18. maeckie

maeckie Gamer

Can we set up dedicated servers the day it is released ?

Or will Kunos host a few servers themselves to get test results ?

Will it be peer to peer like Codies F1 or Server/client like GTL/GTR2 ?

Important questions and some time to answer them to be prepared to set up our own sessions :cool:

19. bikkits

bikkits Gamer

Awesome!

20. troy

troy Racer

It would be nice to get some numbers on the dedicated server executable, will it run on linux or windows only? how much cpu/ram is used?

Framaris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.