1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Calling all drift nutters!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by UK1337 $toney, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Nao

Nao Alien

400x180x15.gif I LIKE GIFS! (in order: me, $toney, elimenopi and finepot) cheers!

David Cole, brianr121, Dori and 3 others like this.
  2. finepot

finepot Racer

Lovely :D

3. Letchy

Letchy Rookie

4. Nao

Nao Alien

@Letchy The 458 in above gif uses pad with some stability control. And $toney drifts with it consistently and precisely. (That shot was from like 5th lap done by the four of us around the drift track constantly drifting and without spinning out or crashing)
    You just have to devote some time to fine tune the settings and then get some practice!

Letchy and finepot like this.
  5. Letchy

Letchy Rookie

I guess that is the best really. I'll try with some stability control turned out when I next have a play. I think I might be buying a cheap wheel soon though (my first!) - the DFGT. That would be a lot of fun methinks.

Bailey likes this.
  6. That is an AWESOME gif lol! Hahaha! So much fun! ;)

Looking forward to the next session! And also to recording day! LOVE this game! Only had it a few days but oh my days it is just blowing my tits off!

7. Bailey

Bailey Alien

So much fun the other day. Here is @finepot and his impressive 360 skills.

I feel like putting up a "Drift World Tour" server with a rotation of popular drift tracks today.
    ~Bailey

matjas92, finepot, Dori and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

And one more video for now. This one has a bit more production quality.

~Bailey

finepot likes this.
  9. yohnsy

yohnsy Gamer

Looking fabulous guys.

I'm still practicing here. I tend to counter-steer too fast, and still learn to balance.

10. rotorypower

rotorypower Rookie

I keen for that.

11. David Cole

David Cole Rookie

I am pretty trash tier at drifting in this sim and I haven't had much time to practice or play recently but this looks sexy.

12. mrmonsterv

mrmonsterv Rookie

Nathan. likes this.
  13. Waffleman

Waffleman Rookie

Hey Im all about sliding the car around! add me up! Im East coast of USA as a base for ping.

14. Piner

Piner Gamer

Add me as well. I am finally getting the hang of drifting in AC. Turns out my wheel settings were all wrong.

15. David Cole

David Cole Rookie

http://www.twitch.tv/norcast/b/557917563 there is me in game, please ignore my friends :p Just skip to the last 10-15 min if you don't want to see me deal with the dusty track. If you all have any tips or tricks for me I am more than happy to take it :)

16. Methee

Methee Racer

I have just begin to drift. I can powerslide catch slide but I hold that slide max.3- 5 sec then the car back to original position.
    Do you have any suggestion? After 1 hr. to pratice.Feel tired and I'm thinking about this.

17. Nathan.

Nathan. Gamer

I'm down to drift, UK here. Here's a video of me following Isaksen ;)

Bailey likes this.
  18. Nathan.

Nathan. Gamer

You are using the drift spec cars right? Like the E30 Drift spec?

It sounds like you are having a technique issue really, when the drift starts what are you doing? Counter steering and holding throttle at max revs? You may need to get more angle by counter steering a little less, clutch kicking sometimes for more power to get the wheels spinning more, using handbrake to extend the drift or slightly correct the angle. There are also several ways you could initiate your drift, but my favorite technique is to use feint with a little clutch kick sometimes. Also the hotter your tyres are the less grip you will get while in your drifts. The E30 Drift is a good car to start with on Street_90 tyres, perhaps spin the tyres up against a wall to get them hot, and practice with 2nd and 3rd gear on the drift track. You will get it eventually :)

Methee likes this.
  19. Methee

Methee Racer

Thank you Nathan.
    I pratice with M3 E92 Drift default setup at Skidpad track.
    In the ring 10-70. When I'm ring , I have turn in wheel very quick same time as press throttle. Then the car start slide I counter steer suddenly . Car slide time 3-5 sec . I can't hold that slide the car begin to get original position this time I must release throttle to delete tank slapper.

I will take your suggestion in my practice. Hope to see you on the track when I can break 5 sec limit hold slide time.

Nathan. likes this.