1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Calling all drift nutters!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by UK1337 $toney, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Nathan.

Nathan. Gamer

Let us know if you need any more help. Check out the drift bible on youtube :p

Methee likes this.
  2. Nao

Nao Alien

Thinking differently about controls helped me when i was learning drifting on the skid pad (in LFS that is)

For example:
    Stop thinking about steering wheel as a mean to control direction. But focus on making sure it maintains constant angle in relation to the road (yes, you do not steer the car with it, rather the car itself should "steer" the steering wheel)

Then for actual car control you use throttle. If you want to turn tighter you *accelerate* (counter intuitive) increasing the slide angle and then lift a little to keep the car from spinning around. (and slow down)
    To widen the turn you lift the throttle a little to decrease the angle and then floor it to maintain drift. (and accelerate)

When you understand the above intuitively you can start combining steering and throttle to have better control (but even then steering wheel is just a "slave" input while throttle is the "master" one)

I think in general the first mistake in drifting is trying to use steering for actual steering :p. Moving the steering wheel so that the front wheels are at an constant angle in relation to the road, not only helps stabilization but allows to see how the throttle actually controls the car.
    edit: Also, learning to always keep the front wheels "honest" in relation to the driving direction (road) makes sure you will never get a sudden spin or tank-slapper since the reason for them is usually wrong steering position that creeps up on you without notice and strikes when its too late.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  3. Methee

Methee Racer

Thank you Noa.
    You are The teacher . You give me a lot of Homework to do !!
    I have many thing to learn from these.

4. arekdbz

arekdbz Gamer

Yeah... my drifting skills are pretty lame as well. I am super fast when I am racing and doing hot laps (not alien times but very close to that), but drifting is just not good. And after 10 mins when tires are overheated and worn out I just loose almost every drift.

5. Sorry haven't updated the thread or been active for a little while as I've been extremely busy DJ'ing and doing other stuff. Could all drift nuts looking to get in on the video please hit me up on steam or my communities teamspeak 95.211.214.193 cheers. Need to get this show on the road!

6. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Seria17hri11er, Methee and Nao like this.
  7. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

That was good fun!
    We should tear it up again :D

EDIT: I've downloaded the file but what can I use to view it?
    My VLC doesn't work but I see the it's extension is a .file

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  8. Nao

Nao Alien

It's most likely a AC replay file. Lack of extension that the original rep files have can cause some programs to add one by force with a generic name like "file". Just delete the extension and drop it in AC rep folder (disclaimer: i did not actually download that file so i may be talking out of my bottom :p)

9. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Yea, it is an AC replay file. Put in in My Documents > Assetto Corsa > replay and it can be viewed using Assetto Corsa's replay feature.
    ~Bailey

10. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

Cool beans.

11. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

Where all the drifters at? Looking to have some tandem runs

12. We never did get round to doing this! Let me know who's still down for doing this! Video will be sick!