1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really bored of people ruining online racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ACJJ619, Nov 3, 2014.

1. yes that's what i mean by clean people

2. Another wonderful demonstration of selfish driving this afternoon on a server running the Evora GTC @ Silverstone. I was happy to find a server that didn't include the normal GT2 and GT3 cars, or the F40 and Yellowbird. I had one good race, and then the red mist descended as pillock after pillock decided that they couldn't be bothered to use their mirrors when I was overtaking them on the inside, or their brakes when I was slowing down to avoid hitting others. Add to that the fact that the 5 lap races were followed by no less than 25 minutes of qualifying!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  3. jona8395

jona8395 Rookie

Kunus do something with Online! It's impossible to play!

4. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

It is possible, you're just racing with the wrong guys.

5. bigrew

bigrew Rookie

I have found public servers to be very enjoyable of late, seems the 'tards are getting weeded out.

Good stuff. :)

6. Slavc

Slavc Gamer

I am also getting that filling. Just had couple of hours really enjoyable racing on Minolin server (I think) with BMW E30 DTMs, whitch are quite a handfull and all people acted respectfully.

Minolin likes this.
  7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

... except minolin, who just isn't able to drive a E30 DTM.

Fun aside: my servers are the playground for @Hagen's steam group "clean racer list" which also addresses this issue. Visit us, and usually you'll be pleased.

Edit:
    Also see flitzi's Freude am Fahren

Slavc, bigbawmcgraw and fbiehne like this.
  8. Alanra

Alanra Gamer

I have been running an occasional public server of late, my in game driving name when hosting is Tatto. The reason it is occasional is I want my public server to be a place drivers come to enjoy, learn respect and learn from others quicker than them, but in wanting that, I have to moderate it constantly and I am not prepared to just leave it on 24/7 and standards to drop.

One of the frustrations being an admin is in the lack of being able to clearly state the rules of the server, what Aids are enabled etc etc. I repeatedly have to type in chat, reminding the standards I and decent fair drivers expect. A way for the admins messages to stay on screen would be useful, as if someone else types and the driver I have just warned is driving they do not get to see that message. Also in the pits for an admin to write a kind of message for the day, which can be edited in game would be very useful too. That way the communication of what is expected to stay on the server and for also those driving and observe some one not following the rules is clearer and far easier to manage.

From my observations there are players that simply don't give a damn for anyone else, they get warned very quickly to clean up their driving and I ride onboard with them, some react to that positively, many don't they get kicked. There are the drivers where it is always someone elses fault, they drive fine till someone meets them or visa versa, expecting drivers to be able to read their minds. A case in point a new player trying out a very fast car at Monza with huge closing speeds instantly takes to chat to blame a LaFerrari driver going round Curva Biassono as he chose to pass on the left and not think that the driver was always going to drift that way and the chances of seeing in rear mirror is slim. When I told him it was his responsibility the accident (I happen to be onboard at the time) his answer was, but I was on a quick lap. There are no excuses in my book no matter how quick you are, respecting others and slow down or pick a cleaner place to pass, the next time you meet them they may well move out the way. Players coming out of the pits and not thinking, but also players going past pits and not thinking (like Magione). Players on out laps interfering with cold tyres expecting others to not be frustrated when they don't just move to one side (they don't have to stop like some do also). Players that tap to cause the offending car in their way (in their eyes) off track. And the list goes on.

However there is a vast majority that are so good and respectful it is a pleasure to host for them and watch 4 way car battles or see an amazing lap. The other night I hosted around Silverstone National and the standards were really high, unfortunately and I apologise to any reading that was on at the time 00:00 GMT server went down unexpectedly.

Of course there are always going to be mistakes, errors in judgement, lack of driving time in a vehicle that lead to some frustrations, but with encouragement also and not just from an admin from others on the circuit I have seen several respond, ask questions have practiced and become better for it. So it also up to all of us that want to drive and enjoy in a fair way to help make that happen, rather than something else needs to take responsibility. Weed out repeat offenders, tell them the reasons and hope they come back tomorrow with a different frame of mind, never know they could be someone you could eventually race with respectfully and have an amazing battle with. Alas there will always be the plain ignorant, they don't last very long amongst a good community.

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Had fun yesterday as well on puppyservers, first race I came in with 30sec left of qual, so ended up at the back of 22 drivers. Easily passed the T1 megacrash but got bumped off by a driver returning from the gravel. Not a big deal, reentered and drove from a 15th to 3rd among fair drivers. Next race, p3, and ended p2, nobody applied for restart, so guess T1 succeded for most. Third race, p1 and won the race clean.
    Top 10 drivers were the same in all 3 races, while the rest was 4-10 seconds off pace. This pattern is kindda normal: slow drivers are often also the ones that get either frustrated or hasn´t learned racing etiquette yet. Or, they simply haven´t got that "cool" when race has started and everybody goes nuts for T1.
    It´s even more hilarious when you get to the lappers and they do what they can to keep you behind them. I have no problem in using my brakes and be causious of their odd defence driving and just follow them, they usually screw up within half a lap. You always have to assume they drive like crap when defending, so passing them and trust they hold their line is often suicide.
    I dunno....the only thing that can piss me off on public servers, is the rant from another driver that starts a chatconversation with "u mad bro?" or "stupid monkey scrub, f**kin #(#hole!". The other day I was passing a driver just before Eau Rouge, on the outside, which in itself is daring. I wasn´t clear of him yet, but I gave him room to go through ER, yet he still bumped me off so we both crashed. His respond was something like "Cmon stupid, no room for 2 cars in eau rouge!". Which is another typical reaction, that everything the "hurt" driver does is right, everybody else is stupid or bad drivers. I responded with something like "I took a chance, gave room, sorry we crashed", then outdrove him by far the next race.
    But! Not saying that a-holes don´t exist among the fast/good/experienced drivers, they do! I personally try hard not to be one of them.

Hagen and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  10. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Sometimes Online race work, sometimes not.

Yesterday i found a good Server with good Gentlemann racers. But every second race was a first corner war. Even with people who want clean races!

We need a Player Profile with Safety Rating to split the Racers in different leagues. ;)

11. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

Xenix likes this.
  12. Haakonen

Haakonen Gamer

I think i can talk for many people who just bought this game for racing passion and to enjoy playing it with other people who would enjoy it in the same way..

I'm actually sick of wasting 20 minutes in qualifying to reach the top three pole and then random "idiots" just crash into you at the first corner and then they run away with nonchalance.

People running extremely slow in the corners or in the straights, or going completely zig-zag deserves to be automatically sent off the race.
    People who rejoin the track without even checking on the map if someone else is getting closer or in the rear mirror (Which MUST be activated if you want to race online).

I think that if someone cause someone else to crash must be directly sent to the pit, and if he does it again off the game.

And what about people just messing around causing collision, track obstructions and then nobody press Y to kick him off?

Somebody must actually do something about that.

irfan.pratama likes this.
  13. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

This kind of topic again...
    Bro, no offence, but look a bit around here, enough topics about it and also lots of lists with servers that have active admins. Look those up.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  14. Blame

Blame Alien

Stop whining, get over it, its a PUBLIC server for a reason, have you not figured it out yet?

Everyone at some point will be disrespectful towards another driver, its a fact, they do it in front of your face or behind your back.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How are the game supposed to tell which of the two that caused the crash?

Dont qualify, its a bigger chance you being in the top 5 after the first turn if you start as the last car then the other way around.

16. To be honest, I am rather annoyed at the silly amounts of time devoted to qualifying sessions online. It's frustrating having to wait maybe 15 or 20 minutes for a race to end when yours has been destroyed at T1 by idiots, and then have to wait another 20 or 25 minutes for the next qualifying session to finish. Why the hell do we need that length of time to qualify for short 5-10 lap races on public servers? Qualifying sessions for these races should be an absolute maximum of 10 minutes, but I am quite happy to go straight to the next race. I really don't need any practice between races, or time to boost my ego by posting insanely quick qualifying times. I go online to race!

I don't agree with that statement. I start from the rear of the grid in just about every online race, and trying to negotiate the first few corners without being hit by imbeciles is a nightmare.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

There's a strong echo on the AC forums these days

18. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

Tonight at least 20 people had the pleasure to meet Vladimir, a classic wrecker/troll devoted to crash everybody/thing during at least one hour at AC#8 Touring Legends (M3s at Monza) . There were probably more than 50 initiatives to kick him none of them successful. So we were hijacked for more than an hour by a troll that was making fun in the chat.

Just some questions:
    Is there any admin at that server?
    What's the quorum to kick a troll in that server?
    Is there any way to trace a wrecker by his/her game name (eg. via steam, some kind of log in Ac, etc.)?

victor86 likes this.
  19. Without the ability to see chat messages when on the track, trying to kick idiots is extremely difficult.
    The ability for that person to then return after the race has started (and continue to annoy the hell out of the rest of the drivers) makes kicking a very short term solution (at best).

20. As many others have said before, having a "safe driving" rating or score for everybody seems like a good idea.

Cyklowni likes this.