1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really bored of people ruining online racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ACJJ619, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Well I agree too, I just didn't get why this video is posted in this thread, as the Merc likely didn't drive to ruin the race but misjudged an overtake. Still the merc is faster, it would have been different if both were running for the turn at same speed. In this situation it is easy for the mp4 to avoid what happens, so although it could seem like the merc's fault, I would call this raceincident.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  2. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

Fair enough, I now know what you meant..

3. This is something that I mentioned to another driver online only yesterday. He was overtaking me down the main straight at Nurburgring GP, and then he cut in front of me and immediately braked. That is a suicidal manouevre. It can easily take the overtaken driver by surprise, and cause a massive accident. Since this was the race start.....at Nurburgring GP......on the run up to T1.....with a full grid of cars......

I rest my case :)

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Indeed, suicidal in pubrace, but irl the drivers behind has no business else than to brake and not cause accidents. Unless that the leader brakes intentionally early and cause the accident, he´s entitled to overtake and get in the raceline if there´s room.

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Sometimes/often, it´s very difficult to check clear of a car you just passed, and we might have some lag that causes the percieved distance between cars to be smaller than it is. Anyway, my point was that you didn´t show anything related to topic, just an incident that could´ve being avoided by both of you. And maybe I take this too seriously ;)
    Not saying the Merc wasn´t infact a noob driver, he could´ve been for all I know. Amen to getting tired of the divebombers.

6. MJP

MJP Racer

If you're not sure it's clear then don't make the move, as I said I'm tired of idiots making moves where the chance of success pretty much relies on me getting out of their way.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Maybe he was sure? Point of video is still irrelevant to OT, but I know I took it up. Will leave it here :)

8. ....and the driver who has only just cleared your front bumper has no business swerving across in front of you and braking immediately. If both of you are that close to the braking zone, then the driver overtaking should hold his line.

Mogster likes this.
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I agree, but maybe I didn´t explain very well what my actual point was, when I picked on the posted vid. I´m pretty sure that if this happened in a league race, the merc would probably be pissed and call for a penalty to the mp4. The mp4 might as well file a complain. Mind that you can´t judge simrace equal to irl races. When going through replays, judges would most likely call it "race incident" as the merc didn´t win anything by that foolish manoeuvre and the mp4 could have avoided collision by slight throttle lift. Had the mp4 gone off track and the merc won the place and continued, the story would be different and the merc would get penalized for sure. So my point was directed at why the vid was up in this thread, questioning whether the merc did intentionally 'ruin the online race' on par with regular crashers.
    Anyway, some good points on racing conduits are always good to discuss.

Best,
    T

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I've marshalled a few Race07 online league races in my time and I would have most defiantly put the blame on the Merc on this occasion. Having said that, if I saw this happening on a public server, rather than kick anyone I would have called it a race incident. You might call that double standards but if you join a league race you are expected to behave impeccably at all times, whereas in public servers....well you can't vet everyone.
    If I was the McLaren driver I probably would have eased off so as to avoid a collision if I had time to react, but if the Merc driver complained then he would have been kicked, as at the end of the day it was he who crossed the path of the other car.
    On public servers everyone really needs to respect their opponents and drive like everyone around them is a ban happy admin. You'd soon see some good racing then ;)

Christopher Low likes this.
  11. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

Could this incident also be caused by the F11 rear-view mirror? (don't know if the SLS driver was using it)
    I have the feeling that sometimes it looks like you have successfully past your opponent in the rear view mirror but actually you are not completely in front and this could be the result when you move back to the racing line to soon.

This incident could have been avoided by both drivers but was wondering if other player have problems with the mirror.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That guy is a tool, checked my banlist and he wasnt on it but seeing that video is more then enough to add him. :D

I particularly like the guys that do the aggressive last minute inside block, then when you take the outside they want that bit of track again driving others off the road. In that video the guy on the inside needs to leave room for the car outside, this is the same inf you enter a corner side by side. This is where the good old dive bumb in a public server I just keep an eye on people that have no hope of making the apex. From inside let them run wide hold the outside line on entry brake a bit more and as they run wide the apex is yours and you will be well clear.

There are a few people that are prone to doing this, its not always a deliberate dirty move but misjudging the poor fov mirrors. I tend to just leave more space then needed and only go back across if I know I am well clear. In a public server even if you come back to the outside with 2 car lengths its mostly suicide, especially with a backmarker I don't want to be in their line as they lockup so hold the inside line. If I see there is no way they will pull up in time which is quite common I will just slow more let them do their outside dive bomb through the corner and continue on my way.

13. I still say that nobody should be cutting across the front of another car a split second before they intend to brake. If they are that close to the braking zone, then they should be braking on their existing line, irrespective of whether it is the racing line or not. This is true of the Mercedes in that video clip (although you could argue that the driver may just have veered slightly to the right without actually intending to), and also true of the McLaren that passed me at Nurburgring GP.

EDIT: This isn't a response to your post, Marty. I was typing it out when you posted that!

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I agree. I'm also member of ALOOG ;)

Agree again, could/should have been avoided by any of the two drivers and has nothing to do with general bad online behavior. Okay, I'm done with this :D

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Exactly.

16. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

This explains a lot about the issue I was having with RD.

Edit: License requests are currently suspended.
    More information will be announced shortly
    Premium members can currently participate without a license, they only have to include their real names in their profiles.

Seems you can't sign up to RD anymore..

17. well if you produce a jungle and throw some monkeys in there well that's what gonna happen,

it only takes to create a rating systems so servers can be set with a minimum of ranking, then only clean people would be able to join high rating servers

TAM Spencer and Backmarker like this.
  18. Chessiah

Chessiah Racer

Saturday day off
    Fire up AC online
    Race start
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There is always a superman on track.

19. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

A rating system based on clean driving or based on good results in race ???
    Clean, fair-play and avoiding bad behaviours on track .... is not a question of good results ... but a question of mentality and knowledge of how to behave on track.

Some middle range or slow drivers are better at this point of view than very quick ones.

And such a rating system may be found ??

20. rudyhermans

rudyhermans Gamer

Make an option for the host to set requirements to be able to join.
    Example: A Ferrari 458GT2 server at Spa, and you are only able to join (set by the host) when your can drive under 2.20.00 with the Ferrari 458GT2.
    It could be check in your profile, or it loads an private serverroom to qualify and show that you are faster than 2.20.00 and as soon as you drive under 2.20.00 it will start the mutiplayer server

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.