1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really bored of people ruining online racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ACJJ619, Nov 3, 2014.

1. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

That won't happen...at least not officially xD

2. Cyklowni

Cyklowni Gamer

LFS had a league, where you weren't able to drive fast cars without a sufficient number of points. You had to drive a lot, or at least have a lot of top 5-10 finishes online if you wanted to drive the gt class cars. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement something like this to AC..

3. rainman666

rainman666 Gamer

Is their a way to report these bad apples somehow? Other than voting to kick them out of the room? I started going online to race recently, getting bored of driving by myself or with A.I. and it's total chaos. We had one troll last night ramming everyone in the race for a good hour or 2 and we couldn't kick him for some reason. Until he finally left. It was ruining everyone's racing and just about every other race when you pass someone and come to a corner they purposely ram you off the track. So other than trying to get them kicked, is there a way to report them? Or do we just have to suck it up? I know there's going to be trolls, but I love this sim. A lot and this is just killin it for me. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section in advance I'm not sure where this would go.

youwerelucky likes this.
  4. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

The truth is: You can't race on public servers

Just search a racing community (for example look at my signature ;) ).

rainman666 likes this.
  5. Of course you can race on public servers. We just have to make every effort to boot the idiots, and then get the necessary updates from Kunos to make sure that they stay booted!

rainman666 likes this.
  6. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I've tried several leagues and found it utterly boring because they always want you to use Teamspeak and rarely do you get to drive your favourite car/track combo !

I recently had an awesome race at a public server where all the participants actually behaved and I must say it was one of the most intense close and nerve wrecking experience of my life !

However something must be done about the voting system and I would suggest that if you are wrecking a race and voted off the race that should mean at least a month suspension from online racing.

7. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Exactly !

I have had several incredible races on public servers but more than often there are idiots that have absolutely zero interests in racing that will do anything to sabotage a race !

It MUST cost to be a wrecker and time is a good thing to punish them with.
    1st time / 1 month suspension
    2nd time / 2 month suspension

etc etc !

It must also be easier to boot the wreckers in the first place.

Voting does not work very well ATM.

8. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

FTFY.
    The voting will work fine then.

9. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

????

Seems like most players unlike myself cant access the Y and N buttons during a race !

I personally have them mapped to my wheel !

I've seen it many times on online racing where people repeatedly want to kick a wrecker but absolutely nothing happens !

It shouldn't have to be the majority that decides if a wrecker is banned.

If 2 to 3 players are affected by a wrecker that should be enough due to it's tendency to affect the other players sooner than later !

If a player wreck others on purpose they shouldn't be allowed on any server for at least a month per incident !
    If they keep wrecking they will eventually be banned permanently from all servers.

Real race rules are tough and Sim racing should also reflect that.

10. Minolin

I'm with you regarding how it should be, and I have no sorry left for people who just come online to ruin others spare time.
    But I'm more interested in things that actually change the situation.

And I don't think there is a majority of online players who wouldn't press "y" if they witnessed a wrecker in action, but not everybody will press "y" just because someone shouted out "XY you &$%"$&" or somebody klicked the kick-button the 27th time.
    Some might even not have any chat enabled during the race, others won't kick people based on other's opinions only. So maybe we have some information gap, which should be closed in order to get the voting done. I'd prefer some automatic killcounter for the really hard guys though.

Of course I was suprised how long it can take to finally get a wrecker kicked; on the other hand I'm blacklisted on a very reputable mp server just because some *****le shouted out loud - that changed my stance regarding just typing Y.

11. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Hopefully Kunos are looking into this issue and hopefully will solve this super annoying problem.

I like the solution Rockstar Games came up with in GTA5 where they redirected all the cheaters to a certain cheat server where all the cheaters only could play with other cheaters :D

Imagine all AC wreckers only get to play with other wreckers :D
    That'll teach them a thing or two :D

sherpa25 and offcorsa like this.
  12. On a side note.....is there a way to see chat messages when I am on the track?

13. Minolin

Single line: python chat app, delivered by kunos.
    Multi line: multiple, maybe have a look at lurker (my signature)

14. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

I'm sorry to quote/bump myself but as there seems to be now a little more debate apart from the "join a league" mantra I would like it if somebody could answer the questions above. As players' self regulation (voting) is usually not working I think it's basic to have some way of reporting trolls. That would probably require:

a) Everyone that sets up a public server should be reachable somehow (no need to be dedicated or present, just some way of contact). I'm thankful for public forums (specially the ones like AC#8 that have an "original" car/track combo) but every promoter, even not for profit ones, have some kind of responsibility.

b) Every participant in a mp race should be held accountable for his actions. In race names should be traceable to an specific steam account (maintaining privacy and anonymity of course). I guess it's like that in many games.

Trolling (deliberate wreckers) is by far the biggest problem in MP and need to be tackled before everything else (bad, overaggressive driving, even cheating...) because it's what really makes you feel you are losing your very valuable time in AC (in my case just a few hours a week).

PS. I've been banned myself (for life?) from two servers (once because of sudden rise of ping; once in a recent experiment of an authoritarian server). I was not trolling but I'm OK with it, I hate to bother other people.

rainman666 and Leemstradamus like this.
  15. Slavc

Slavc Gamer

Today I had it from both worlds (the good and the bad). Firstly was on Minolins server (tnx for it Minolin) with a guy who was almost a second faster than me, but he has give me a chance to learn from him (few races he was behind me pushing me trying to force me in to mistake, than the opposite - great fun), Then the bad on a server with Gt3 and Gt2 on Nur. (with Admin who tried to make things right-tnx to him), every race the people from the back of the grid just stormed in the pack in front, on quali was almost impossible to make a fast lap because everybody was defending their line like its the end of the world and so on.

But I managed to get a few fellow racers witch were respectable and raced clean.
    Thats how it is for now, for sure its really difficult for admins on public servers to watch and control 24 people from witch 1/3 is making sh... with the tools available to them for now.
    For sure the best races I had for now was with slower cars that are easier to control for the masses (Would love some X-bow races on short tracks with respectable racers).

Minolin and Leemstradamus like this.
  16. I think I was on that server when you were there, Slavc. I managed to avoid being hit by anyone in the two races I took part in, and even slowed down to let the guy I was racing get past me again after he was taken out by a guy that we were lapping. Unfortunately, my consistency deserted me in the second race (probably due to a developing headache), so I decided to call it a night!

Leemstradamus likes this.
  17. Is it just me, or is AC online a bit boring at the moment? I am even finding it difficult to find a GT2/GT3 server that is full, and even then a handful of them have not been updated, which means that nobody can drive the Mercedes SLS! What the hell is that all about?? The Freude am Fahren server is not available at the moment for my road car fix, and trying to find any other road car servers that are occupied is hopeless.

Maybe it's just me, but it's seriously denting my enthusiasm.

18. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I actually had a fantastic Spa race the other night on the ALOOG server with +20 participants !
    Real close racing with players who actually respected each other !

Unfortunately every race isn't as good !

Kunos must make it easier to kick/ban wreckers fast!

sherpa25 and Leemstradamus like this.
  19. I was hoping that ALOOG would have switched that Spa server to something other than GT2 cars by now, but I guess it's just too popular?

20. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

aloog has 5 other servers running different combos