1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gt3 cars unbanned at nordschleife, however...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PhenOm, Apr 7, 2015.

1. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Even intake restrictors won't work. It's bad for the competition since cars who used their top speed as an advantage can't do that now (Nissan, Bentley)

2. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

If everybody has 5% less power Nissan and Bentley still have their top speed advantage.

3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

maybe they can introduce 5 second penalty

but yeah, I know I might see it differently if it was someone from my family that got killed, but it sounds like spectators are aware of the danger, and that's why they should pick their spot to be safe, and not to be close to cool section of tracks where people crash often

we had similar situation in Czech republic RALLY of Zlin, where 2 little girls were killed by driver who had accident, and everyone was taking out pitchforks that the sport is too dangerouns and should be going through towns,

and it was told that the girls were in the PROHIBITED AREA , and yet nobody care and they have removed that stage from the rally forever :-/

er540 likes this.
  4. Epocx

Epocx Alien

speed limit seems like a half backed solution
    why do this when the investigation is not finished?

also:

"Die Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung soll jeweils einige hundert Meter vor den gefährlichen Zonen beginnen."

"Speed limitations begin a couple of hundred meters before the dangerous zones"

so where exactly will that be? Antoniusbuche?

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...-tempolimit-auf-der-nordschleife-9421849.html

in the end, this article also states that its short term solutions to allow racing again.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  5. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

F1 is getting slower and slower.
    GT1 Class is gone. GT3 will be slower from now on.
    Cmon why on earth they need to make it so "boring".
    Safety surely is important, but Motorsport wont be safe.

6. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Leave the track alone and no speed limit, just manage the dangerous spectator areas. Job done.

Qwaribo and Kristaps like this.
  7. yusupov

yusupov Alien

agreed w/ most everything said, but f1 has gotten faster (in straight line) than the previous gen, soon'll be faster all-around. racing is actually pretty good most times but i would guess the critics dont actually bother watching so they dont know this.

Pascalwb likes this.
  8. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

If I was in charge all motorsport would be like IOM TT
    You crash and die = your fault/bad luck
    You spectate at risky place and die = your fault/bad luck

Kyo, mistery, er540 and 8 others like this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

It always makes me laugh looking at the idiots on the outside of a corner when rally cars are barreling down on them in snow, mud, gravel or dry tarmac. Motorsport is inherently dangerous for the spectators and the drivers, ask any MotoGP racer - the only real motorsport still alive and well. The MotoGP guys will race in any conditions and don't start crying because the track is damp or it is raining. Yes rain/damp tracks makes racing more dangerous, but I personally think 'you drive to the tracks conditions' is a major part of racing. We now have a Health and Safety bias sport. Totally daft, I'm sure professional drivers want safety, but do not want it put above the racing.

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

People usually want to make money and then stay alive to use that money. Therefore safety rules. That was a too simplified thought, but is around that. And if the event is not safe for spectators, it attracts bad publicity, but some will say bad or good, is still publicity. Though Nordschleife is too mystic already. Apart from the bad publicity, there are also legal stuff to ensure spectator and participant safety. Like airports and planes, they are very safe until the moment it happens something. Then things change again to include the new threats.

11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Ever watch or read about any of those old races?

Drivers burning to death in their cars..., races continuing with cars driving round body parts from a dead marshal on the track..., children in the stands decapitated by flying car parts...

Just writing about that sort of stuff makes me slightly sick. I want to see driving errors penalised but I don't want to see people die or be injured, drivers or spectators. Its a sports event not a war (that may be a Jackie Stewart quote)

pons and Thomas Gocke like this.
  12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Yes, loved that documentary, those where the times...
    Grand Prix - the Killer Years

13. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Haha couple of truvelo cameras and some rozzers issuing fines?

Sorry, bin drinking.

14. They could always decide to use a more sensible track for racing, and leave the Nordschleife to the n00b public in their second hand Porsche 911 Turbos bought from some dodgy guys on eBay.

Horus and snyperal like this.
  15. BubbaZ

BubbaZ Gamer

Move spectators, they are equivalent to the risky seating areas as there are in other sporting events behind the nets/field goal posts with more deadlier consequences. I think
    the rule changes are ok, which always will come out whenever there is a death. As long as we see no Backhoes/Bulldozers out on the track im happy with the fact the track isn't being
    modified in this area, and is being kept in it's current historic state.

16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I'm sure nobody ( well perhasps very small percentage) wants to see people dying while racing,
    but if the safety is rules are too strict, it ruins the experience

it's business and it's about money, so if they make bad decission and people will stop watching it, they will replace it with something else, but of course that would be a shame

in the case of the Nissan accident, I think the blame is on the organizors of the race though, if that spot is famous for car getting air time, there shouldn't have been spectator area in there, and if it wasn't and poeple stood there on their own risk, well then they made their own luck at that point

Nordschleife is a a special place, but I fear that these kind of accidents will eventually prohibit racing there :-/ sad but that's life
    but no matter what you do, people will still die

look at the Aston Martin accident at LeMans - which is considered safe track (foget the name of the driver .. Simmonsen?)
    there's only so much you can do

I'm sure Nascar wouldn't be that popular either if they limit speed of those cars for the safety

Horus likes this.
  17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Nascar isn't the best example since they're actually losing fans every week.
    But you're right. Nothing you can do about it, crashes will happen. If they want an ultra safe sport they should go 1 mph around the track in bumpercars.

Horus likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Though speed limits are silly on a race track did you ever consider how silly what you wrote above is.

How would it be a danger to the car behind as both cars need to obey the same limit. If the front car gets to 200kmh then they lift the only way the rear car would then hit it is they went above 200kmh. ;)

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's far from historic. It's been modified almost constantly since the mid 60s.

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

PhenOm likes this.