1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Confusion with the current state of ac

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Aug 11, 2015.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Why do people bring up pcars in a thread about the current state of ac? There is a couple of other games out there and would be nice to not see pcars when its about telling what ac do right and what not.

Philippeapo likes this.
  2. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

im just comparing elements to another racer... no need for a knicker twisting mate. :)

3. ABS brakes are definitely bugged now in the BMW M3 E30, and I assume that is also the case with the Ferrari 458. I am sure that this will be corrected soon.

Kristaps likes this.
  4. It was just a harmless example.

Driving without ABS is good practice with road cars to learn how does the braking affects car balance. It is like a slow motion over exaggerated version of what happens with much stiffer racecar. Assetto Corsa having high fidelity replays, also watching the replay gives another perspective to what is happening. (helps with learning different type of corner/trail braking, downhill braking, uphill braking, slanted surfaces etc...)

MsportDAN likes this.
  5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

True, nothing should be taken without criticism, they make mistakes for sure. There's about 50 people working there, each with their opinions. And obviously people who get flown to Italy to test drive Ferrari's, will be a bit biased. This type of articles in TM are lighter because nobody will buy it, there is no extensive testing or measuring cars.. but anyway pretty reliable magazine IMO, overall. All reviews (movie, car, game, music, whatnot) are always also personal opinions. And gaming review medias (no matter how hard they claim they aren't) are biased because they are invited to see games before the public, free review copies etc..

Don't know, some stuff I just find weird. Like the McLaren MP4-12 GT version, it felt completely different after 1.2. Used to be like on rails, and after patch it was all over the place. Haven't tested it lately, maybe this was a bug of some sorts?

My point just was, that if differences (in certain cars) were small, wouldn't be that confusing. Anyway I trust the game is in good hands, need to give them time to fix bugs and also maybe adjust my view of how certain cars should handle, and adapt to it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  6. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Yep, only those 2 cars are bugged atm.

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

No actually there is a much more wider bug with the ABS. Some cars showcase a very bad behaviour like the M3 E30, but pretty much all the cars have gained about 10-15meters in braking distances.

Bug is resolved but I need to go through all the car and we will soon release the 1.2.4, probably by the end of the week.

Thank you for your patience guys and sorry about this last minute slip. We're on it.

juandb78, Mike1304, TomTrick and 30 others like this.
  8. We still love you <3

Mael 2, 7he4Ce, Aristotelis and 4 others like this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

oh....

begs me the question so there is definitly nothing wrong with engine braking differential and braking without abs?

just checking :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  10. +1

Aristotelis likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thanks for keeping us updated Aris. just a couple of lines keep us more happy than you can even think. :)

12. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Regarding to this part of the first feedback from @Aristotelis
    I propose some people deserves the board rank "Ghostbuster" now :D

Thanks for feedback, big changes can result in big problems. And I myself don't mind about, the bug only event I'm taking part this week is with trucks, so I think it's just realistic to brake forever :rolleyes:

13. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

So that's why I couldn't brake into the corner? I thought that I just forgot how to drive since I last played AC, ot that Nismo was so bad.

14. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

One thing that does kind of mystify me is the fact that 1.2.3 got rid of the damper slider bar in the FFB settings menu. Before, I was able to use this in tandem with my wheel's belt driven damping to get a very realistic FFB like certain cars I've driven...now, I have to find a new way to get the same effect. My initial reaction was "why Kunos?" But...in the end, they know more about performance autos than me. Though it is frustrating, I have to adapt to their changes and learn about the various cars. I think all the "wait a minute Kunos" comments are fundamentally flawed in this: they are the game creators, and get to decide what goes. The notion that we can somehow influence that is complete bull****. As such, we have only two options: progress along with Kunos, or stop playing the game. This is the choice than every gamer faces with a developer, in fact :D. I think those who are frustrated with the improved FFB need to ask themselves: are you willing to track Kunos' progress and learn, or just quit the game.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. some1pl

some1pl Alien

It was removed in 1.2 because now the damping is controlled on the physics side with gyro effect, but 1.2.3 added back cfg option for those who need constant residual damping. Search [FF_EXPERIMENTAL] in assetto_corsa.ini

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  16. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

So in the FF_EXPERIMENTAL, you would insert your old dampening value there?

17. yes, in DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL. Make sure you divide by 100, so if you were running 20% = 0.2, 15% = 0.15 and so on.

F430_458_F12 and Cote Dazur like this.
  18. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Thank you, Stefano :)