1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Early Access Update 0.5

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Jan 17, 2014.

1. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Is there any way to create a new special event where I can drive the Lotus instead of the 458? I'm a much bigger Lotus fan than Ferrari and would love it at that Silverstone event, and as they're already on track it should be simple to change the car driven.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

12C is much better now, can't believe it. Now I don't lose it in corners under braking so easily.

3. petesky

petesky Simracer

thats not too big of a drop..I dropped from 400fps to 129fps at monza and mugello :eek:

4. Predator

Predator Gamer

Overall quite happy with the update runs fine while in race however my replays have taken a hit showing some fps loss when there are a lot of cars in screen maybe i should change some settings any ideas what would help replay performance with settings in my sig?

5. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

It feels like the AI isn't bound by the same physics or vehicle settings (ABS on/off, Auto blip, etc) as I am set to. I see them lock up, but it seems like I do it so much easier than them and I can't tell when it's happening nearly as well (from v0.4.1). Maybe the sound isn't there or a change in feel or a change just due to traffic?

I think the pre-race timing and lights display are ok. Not being able to engage the gear before the lights go out isn't good. You should be able engage anything and pay a penalty (drive through) if you leave early.

I know I've said it already, but that in-race 5s penalty has to be changed. Going off wide is a penalty in itself and the actual penalty totally ruins good recovery moves and causes further puntings when you get back on. It's all I've seen.

Peter Molnar likes this.
  6. Patrik

Patrik Gamer

Here is a guide on how to make a custom race i found:

DIY - Custom AI Races, with optional penalties!

You can pretty easily create your own 'Special Event' race while being able to adjust the following parameters:

-Track
    -Number of laps
    -Car
    -Number of opponents
    -Per-opponent difficulty, car, texture
    -Penalties

You just go into "<path_to_steam>\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\specialevents\" and copy an existing race, I used SPECIAL_EVENT_25 (the BMW Group A race) as a base.

Make a copy of the entire SPECIAL_EVENT_25 folder and give it a name like SPECIAL_EVENT_99 (change this number for each new event you create).

Edit the event.ini file inside your new event folder. Under [SPECIAL_EVENT] make sure to set GUID=99 (or whatever number you used).

Change the Name of the event to something you'll recognize.

Penalties:
    Under [LAP_INVALIDATOR] set ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=4 to disable penalties completely for your new Special Event.

Laps:
    To change the number of laps in the race under [SESSION_0] you can modify LAPS=10 to the number you desire.

Player Car:
    Under [RACE] set MODEL=bmw_1m (see list of cars below)
    Note that the AI will use the player car unless otherwise specified. The AI does not know how to drive all the cars in the game yet, apparently. I tried setting up a race with the Ferrari F40 on Monza and the results were comical.

Track:
    Under [RACE] set TRACK=monza (see list of tracks below)

Car Names:
    abarth500
    abarth500_s1
    bmw_1m
    bmw_m3_e30
    bmw_m3_e30_drift
    bmw_m3_e30_dtm
    bmw_m3_e30_gra
    bmw_m3_e30_s1
    bmw_m3_e92
    bmw_m3_e92_drift
    bmw_m3_e92_s1
    bmw_m3_gt2
    bmw_z4
    bmw_z4_drift
    bmw_z4_gt3
    bmw_z4_s1
    ferrari_458
    ferrari_458_s3
    ferrari_599xxevo
    ferrari_f40
    ferrari_f40_s3
    ktm_xbow_r
    lotus_2_eleven
    lotus_49
    lotus_elise_sc
    lotus_elise_sc_s1
    lotus_elise_sc_s2
    lotus_evora_gte
    lotus_evora_s
    lotus_exige_scura
    lotus_exige_s_roadster
    mclaren_mp412c
    p4-5_2011
    pagani_zonda_r
    tatuusfa1

Track Names:
    imola
    magione
    monza
    monza66
    mugello
    silverstone
    silverstone-international
    vallelunga
    vallelunga-club

Edit: You can also change the % of speed for the AI so they All match each other like 98%.

7. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

ISR having fun with AC :)

Backmarker, dkwuan, Tucker73 and 2 others like this.
  8. APC900

APC900 Simracer

I've finally had a chance to drive some of the cars after the update.
    I'm very pleased with the outcome. The guys at Kunos have listened to the input and fixed some of the handling issues.
    The cars I've driven so far have felt much more pointed at turn in...as well they should.
    I cannot understand this notion in sim racing wherein just because a car is designed for tracking and has higher horsepower numbers, it should handle like a 'pig' everywhere on track.
    The exact opposite is true.
    As good as the alignment is on my road car fitted with Koni Sports shocks, Eibach springs, HD sway bars and Akebono ceramic pads, it pales by comparison to any track car I've driven into a corner.

9. if you edit this file you open quick race menĂ¹
    <AC steam folder>\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess\earlyaccess.js

comment line 15 like that (adding // at the beginning)
    //"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
    for penalty
    assetto corsa folder/system/data
    edit surface.ini
    change IS_VALID_TRACK=1 (from 0 to 1) on SURFACE_1 and SURFACE_3

[SURFACE_1]
    KEY=GRASS
    FRICTION=0.6
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=grass.wav
    WAV_PITCH=0
    FF_EFFECT=NULL
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    SIN_HEIGHT=0.03
    SIN_LENGTH=0.5
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.6
    or see modding tread
    i like surface .ini because the penalty work on tarmac, ex. if you cut the first chicane on monza you get penalty

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    geovas77 and Pete Jones like this.
  10. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Let me be the first to openly admit that I can't do squat in this game against AI. The ABARTH 500 race I can catch up and get by a couple of guys but that's it. That TATUUS F1 race is fun. I can get by a couple after the second turn. Starting is hard. Because I can't figure out how to catch them - they seem to be off and flat out before I'm doing 60mph. I'm really having difficulty keeping any leads...they pass me like nothing on the straights.
    I just read WAAAY too many threads about how easy Alien mode is, and I just wanted to be a voice in the wilderness here... there are several of us that find the difficulty exceedingly daunting. I have two other friends that aren't members on this forum that I play with and they have the same feelings. There are some of us that find this hard. So... KUNOs don't forget there are normal people here! LOL

That said, I found little to no difference between the easy, medium and hard settings. I simply cannot close on the AI. If I don't get a good start, its over.

11. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Wow, thanks for that very nice guide man! Much appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

12. BigBoss

BigBoss Racer

Doesn't seem the AI to be a little too aggressive?

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  13. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Has anything changed graphically with monza? The white lines more sharper?

14. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Yes its much better, im sure that the whole rendering process has changed, theres a lot that looks a heck of a lot better.

15. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Gamer

I't seems like your message here is that the AI seems to be too aggresive for novices and I certainly do not mean that in any derogatory way. The levels of AI speed and agression are in my view, pretty close to each other but if you are finding it difficult, even on the easy level I can suggest the following:- Afew post up you will find a custom race guide by Patrik. The very last line in his post states that you can edit the speed of the AI cars. Give this a try and see if you can get a competative race going that you can practice your overtaking etc. You can then build from there as your driving improves etc. It's worth a try because I really don't think the Devs will be slowing down the AI anytime soon - however I'm just guessing. Hope this helps.

Pete

16. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Some wonder about making additional Special Events using the existing AI-engine. It is possible for a handfull of cars (havn't tried them all) but the Lotus series seems not to be ready for it (sorry kalabaleek). However, if anyone would like a BMW E30 STD race at Imola I just made a script (with help from Jorge) that works really well. 5 opponents, fixed setup and 5 laps. Just unzip (this file) and place the folder into [drive]:\...Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\specialevents\... and you're good to go (you will find the race at the end of the event-list ingame).

I named it SPECIAL_EVENT_99 so remember to consider this folder in the future, if problems arise with changes to come. The interesting part of my comment here, lies in the fact that after a few races in this (home-made) Special Event 99, the present AI build totally blew my mind:

Read first what the following clip shows:

1) 5 AI at Imola with me in RED E30 approaching Variante Alta at Imola behind "silver E30"
    2) Notice the "silver E30" ahead of me
    3) I catch him just before breaking point and decide to take him on the inside entry
    4) Notice how AI (silver) car leaves just enough space to let me complete my overtaking also sacrificing his own exit (but controlled).
    5) Notice the following cars line thru Variante Alta how tight they normally go.

The short video is slow-motion (not very high quality) but just serves to make the point (1-5); we have a very interesting AI coming to AC! :D

kalabaleek and dkwuan like this.
  17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It would be nice to have a slider for the AI strength such as 75% to 120% or something like that rather than just Alien/Hard etc, so you could fine-tune the AI strength.

What I'd really like to see is adaptive AI strength, depending on your own times. Not rubberbanding in race - i.e. not AI cars speeding up or slowing down to let you catch up, but after a race, the game could suggest a new AI strength (preferably a percentage), based on your lap times and AI lap times, to equalise the times a bit more. You always waste a lot of time in AI races getting their strength right so they're not too fast or too slow for you, and this would help.

dkwuan and UOPshadow like this.
  18. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Thank you for the new tires. Big improvement.

dkwuan likes this.
  19. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

Problem now is, in the replay, if you view an AI car from the outside or bonnet view (except for the 599XX of course which has no bonnet) then you can barely hear their engines.

20. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

I mentioned this too but it seems AC does have a slider but it's hidden away. When you select your event, just before you press Start, you are one the page where you change Time of Day etc (although you can't do this in Event races for no reason at all). In there is a customise area where you can adjust the opponent strength in %

The worst thing about the AI as it stands right now is the nervous braking, the rear end ramming and generally the AI not respecting your space.
    After a supercar race, I watched the replay and focussed on one of the AI BMW M3's from the cockpit view. It's like they were drunk :) Atrocious whilc they had other AI around them.
    Anyone seen an AI pass another yet ??

Hopefully all this will be improved as time goes by as it is the first implementation and the potential is clearly there.

Lastly, what is Previous and Next times coming up on screen at the end of each lap ? I always assumed it was the gap to the previous and next car. If that's so it's not clear terminology. It would be better if it said "Car Ahead" and "Car Behind". I only ask as when I was leading, it said "Next +3.542", lap before it was "Next +2.413" and yet when I crossed the line on the next lap to finish the race I had won by 21s !