1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Early Access Update 0.5

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Jan 17, 2014.

1. pigsy

pigsy Racer

Wow, great customer support. Penalty fix, landmine fix and replay length fix in 1 hit.

2. alex72

alex72 Alien

I also notice now my FPS is fluctuating like crazy. Tried on Imola so far. I have performance problem for the first time. Might be that i set 500MB replay size though when i think about it. Have to check it.

When watching the FPS app the flowing red/blue bar at the bottom of it looks like waves instead of being solid... Like its oscillating up and down super fast.

EDIT: Its not the replay setting. Imola end of first straight and some other areas on that track make my FPS go crazy. The FPS line on the app oscillates a perfect sized big "waves" and i get big performance hit.

I never had FPS issues on any track before this new patch.

EDIT: Update. Seems when i close photoshop in background it got back to normal. However i never needed to shut it down previously. No biggie though. I tend to leave it on when doing some skinning. :)

And btw, great patch otherwise Kunos. :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    dkwuan likes this.
  3. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

ah thank you Kunos, you also removed the penalty system from the practice mode, great!

4. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Really amazing...during weekend so much reaction to user`s feedback trough dev. Respect KUNOS!

5. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

Nice update. On a Sunday too ! I do hope we soon get a bonnet on that 599XX though. Any chance ?

6. ENDRiuC

ENDRiuC Rookie

You can always modify the bonnet cam on your own.

7. Thanks Guys, Im speechless, working on Sunday, we can see you guys love AC just like us!

Well done!

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Nice fix!

I got a problem: The G-force settings dont seem to work, I maximized them, but they seem to remain in the standard setting.
    Anyone experiencing the same?

Edit: I got no mods installed regarding this.

AI is quite good with 3 458 and 3 MC12 at the moment and it works on several tracks.

9. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

It has that. Just before you hit 'Start', look in the customisation menu on-screen, you know where you go in to alter time of day etc. Its an option on the third screen iirc.

10. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

And how is that achieved ? Also I shouldn't have to as it should be there by default like all the other cars, wouldn't you say ?

11. Noob :D

12. ENDRiuC

ENDRiuC Rookie

Since it's a beta, then I'll go with "no" ;)
    And how? With one of the dev apps (or is it even a standard app?) that lets you move the camera and save it for that particular car. Can't remember the name, but I guess you'll know when you see it.

13. Gergely Kiss

Gergely Kiss Hardcore Simmer

Hi guys, don't know where to ask so will post it here, any idea why this is happening?

Both my cpu and gpu are running around 65% while I'm playing AC, and as I know one of them should be near to 100%.

Specs:
    Phenom 2 x4 @3,8Ghz
    650ti boost 2gb
    12gb ram

ac.jpg

14. BugA

BugA Racer

This fast reaction by Kunos must be grateful, we must appreciate their forward to improve something with a good base but with obvious troubles. I've downloaded the update and I've felt some improvements, now AI doesn't behave like an *****le (at least not as a drunk *****le lol). I tried the Tatuus @ Monza, and finally had a nice race. I found an issue, when the AI looses the car (specially fighting with others) they start to twist in the road, they look a snake lol, and they do it for a while. And AI still hits you on your back when they come much faster than you, they don't try to get another line to pass you.

Keep going guys, you are in the good pace.

dkwuan likes this.
  15. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah AI is more aware now and tries (and does) to keep it clean. :) Relly nice.

What i was thinking was since the 5 sec penalty rule is gone Kunos could add for races when cutting a chicane (for example) add seconds to the final time? Since the sim is giving back times on each car it should be easy to implement 5 or 10 seconds added time if you cut (same check that had 5 sec slowdown penalty before). So that we cant cheat in races, but with a little more realistic penalty. Its real easy to put in if the sim already place us depending on our times, and not if it counts which car went over the finish line first, second etc.

The 5-10 sec added time is just a figure. Im not sure of real world penalty times.

dkwuan likes this.
  16. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Wow, setting a grid with the unlocked quick race of 16 drivers at Monza 66 with only Lotus 49 at 95% difficulty is a horrifying yet awesome experience! I've yet to complete a race, but damn it's a blast to race in 280 km/h with cars all around you within two meters... Crazy fun!

cooknn and alex72 like this.
  17. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Drive against 458's man. Good to drive against.

18. alex72

alex72 Alien

Care to share your special events guys? :)

I think its time for a thread with special events people can share.

dkwuan and F1Racer like this.
  19. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Gamer

I'm getting a much better feeling around the AI when racing now. Thanks for the speedy update KS and especially so on the weekend - it makes a hell of a difference:)

dkwuan likes this.
  20. 900º

Ts500RS.jpg

In game I play by default T500RS 900
    Only change Gain, 80 to 95 for differents cars.