1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are AC street cars too easy to drive on the limit ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Caleb Mils, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Easily Next car game! ;)

[​IMG]

EDIT: Found a Saracastic face lol, its aaaall good.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    The Moose and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  2. Stay safe and drive a bus! ;)

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

in street car if you push you car gradually to the limit it is not that hard to controll it when you reach the limit (not talking about constantly staying on limit) ... if it happends when you don`t expect it at realtive high speed (~100kmh) .. it is whole another story (took few days of my life for sure ...) .... at least in everyday FWD car .. AC being on the easier side might be very well ballancing the lack of feeling compared to real car ..

4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

0:38 - I saw that last night on the server... Go off the track and go back straight onto the racing line, with traffic.

Sorry but that video doesn't prove any point except that the similar level of driving is visible on any Nordschleife server in AC.
    It just shows poor driving by people who are probably not the 'Ring "veterans". Like the opening video with the BMW, he was too slow with his countersteering, look when his wheels were locked, he was already screwed by then.

Actually NS in AC is like a magnet for drivers with very little skill/knowledge about the track layout (not to mention trolls), so at least this is a top notch simulation*.

*Except the trolls, I doubt someone will take their Audi R8 and crash into other cars on the downhill after Aremberg. ;)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes but seeing you started this thread with such claims you must be pretty much the fastest as your closer to the cars limits yet its still too easy for you, you cant be slow and make such claims that they are too easy. You would clearly need to be the fastest in any server and on any leaderboard as that is the only way to show that you are even close to the cars limits. Simply driving around 10 seconds or more off the pace and never making a mistake is very different to being the quickest with consistant lap times and never putting a wheel off line let alone off the track.

Saying its so easy on the limit then clearly you could run 10 laps there and get the most out of the car as the tyres wear and fuel drops without ever making a mistake. Not once would you have a single crash like anyone does in that video and you would easily win any race as I dont know of anyone else that is that perfect and finds it quite so easy. I can quite easily lap within 1 second over many laps at Nords depending on track and tyres condition levels but still I cant say that its too easy to do. I clearly cant go 100% everywhere every lap and never make a mistake and I have yet to see anyone that can, please post a replay of you doing 10 laps at Nords in any car and we can all admire the perfection.

Even better I can setup a server with any combo you like and grip levels so we can all see your amazing driving skills and absolute perfection. Over 10 laps you will never go off track and with full damage wear and no aids you will never have any issues.

6. **Pulls out his Audi R8 keys and chuckles**

7. burrito

burrito Alien

When the shape of slip curves are hardcoded to be too kind to a driver it's hard to argue against it being too easy.

@William Levesque posted a video in another thread of his car driving over the grass at 100kmh+ and him saving it. That is not possible. You put a wheel off track over that kind of undulation in a real car and it's game over but it's not in AC.

kevje likes this.
  8. The funny thing is that almost every crash in the video OP linked is easily reproduceable in AC and done by myself or by fellow racers in MP many times. Almost every oversteery moment was because of lifting the throttle in the wrong place and at very wrong time. Note that the cars are mostly rear-engined RWD's and front-engined FWD's. Understeery moments because of badly overshooting turn-in or doing stupid things with a steering wheel or brakes or combination of all above.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

@Caleb Mils I have setup my Marty's Aussie Nords server with a bunch of street cars at Nords, all on street tyres and some less grippy conditions.

Please Jump on there and we can see how easy it is for you to run multiple laps very quickly and no errors. Full damage and if you run ptracker we will easily see how many times you go off track or touch walls. Then we will see the laptimes you can get and I will see if anyone else is able to better your limits. :D

The server is MR AB only but surely you will be in this rating if you have ran any AC MP and will be able to get in. There is a 1 hr qualy so you can run multiple laps there or can skip to a 5 lap race and see how you go. Your choice of car and if after your amazingness has been proved in the server I will check the stracker stats. If you can post a replay too after it will be nice to see, but as its so easy for you nobody will be able to go quicker in the same car in the same conditions. You will also have no off track excursions and your laptimes will be very consistent but will drop off a little as the tyres do wear.

Fear, Casper, Jebus and 1 other person like this.
  10. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

when my 3rd-hand used to death logitech g27 (renound for being slow) can rotate itself fast enough to catch almost any slide and only require me to bring the wheel back to center, i think its too easy, i also have vsync on which is meant to add some input lag which should make things even more difficult, but it just feels like i have all the time in the world to catch slides.

dont think track grip matters whether you drive on old or optimum, the sensation is the same

disclaimer: i dont have any knowledge/understanding of what follows...

When you say hardcoded, I assume you refer to this regarding XMU?:
    would exposing that parameter (and having it made less forgiving in the official cars) rectify the situation in your view, or is there more to it?

As for the grass, I'm pretty sure they openly said that the grass is overly forgiving by design, sucks but better than pcars - last time i played and it was literally the same as driving on road.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

But I got to say that those clips are just darn hilarious. Seeing all those dreams of being a good driver shatter with the classic sound of metal hitting metal or better even fiber hitting metal.

A lot of those guys really drive like madmen, trying to safe their own car from hitting the wall, but putting tons of dirt and grass on the track and getting into the way of the following drivers, recklessly exposing everyone behind them to a huge danger with both effects. If you lost it, you gotta accept it and try to not endanger other drivers. But that is beautifully replicated in public multiplayer...

12. burrito

burrito Alien

Yes XMU was replaced by using other variables that already have important effects on how a car drives so we can't edit them to produce a more accurate slip curve (even if we knew how the new method worked) without sacrficing car handling.

If we got that back and camber was fixed I'd start calling it a sim again.

Seria17hri11er and ears1991 like this.
  13. Caleb Mils

Caleb Mils Gamer

Eduard Mallorquí and burrito like this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So rewarding for novice drivers yet we need minorating on servers to keep most of these out as they are complete hazards in any server. If it was so easy then everyone will drive amazingly well and we dont need to filter out the majority to simply have a hope of some reasonable public server racing.

Most cant do a lap for $hit even on Monza 66 (pretty much an oval even in a slow car) and at Nords lol they make that crash compilation look like some highly skilled individuals. Compared to an open Nords pub server in AC in any car there so if its so easy with all the fake aids turned off then why does the average person in mp have no clue?

The funniest thing is of the many that claim its too easy most of these are so far off the pace and nowhere near the limits I wonder how they call things easy, if its too easy go faster. If your the fastest you have a point if noy you dont. Sure some of them may be able to stay on the track but if many seconds per kilometer slower they are nowhere near any grip or car limits.

They then claim its so accessible for noobs because everyone that must be quicker then them is getting a benefit from such basic physics. Yet for some unknown reason they are slow and get no benefit from these simplified and very easy physics that make it easier for other Noobs to easily be much quicker and more consistant then they are. :D

@Caleb Mils I dont find it that difficult but also dont find it that difficult to drive a real car on a track. I dont find AC so easy either if you drive poorly and have seen so many crappy drivers that clearly its not so easy for the vast majority. Also no point posting other peoples videos your the one starting the topic so show us how easy it is for you.

Having seen so many crappy drivers I am amazed how they find it so difficult both in real cars and in sims, thats what surprises me more then anything.

Driving a real car is generally even easier then in any sim due to the extra feedback. Yet in real cars most cone nowhere near the cars limits ad they understand they dont have the skills to do this safely and consistantly.

Most people drive in a way they never would in reality though in sims. Those that do drive just as stupidly as most in games/sims help fill up the regular Nords crash compilations for us to all enjoy.

Im not saying AC is perfect as no game or sim is. Im simply saying its clearly not so easy for most so it cant be as easy as you say. There is also no evidence shown of you to justify your claims so please show how its too easy for you at least your point is valid for you at least.

mantasisg 2, Fear, baronesbc and 4 others like this.
  15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

oh .. MR and issues with MP are mostly about players having limited situational and spacial awareness, not about controlling car .. most accidents I had was somebody next to me on straight changing his line to mine without having clue I`m there for last 200m, somebody not realizing that his braking points are not the same if there are cars in a front of him and players not being able to drive through corners in different then optimal lines when going 2-3 cars wide ... not respecting other players ... of course there are accidents when somebody loose the car, that is normal ...

kevje likes this.
  16. To drive at the limit you just need to drive around the optimum slip angles. And to drive over the limit, drive above those slip angles. You don't need much skill to put a car in any of those conditions, you can even do it in a skid pad and see what the car does.

Setting WRs requires the talent to drive the car at optimum slip angles as much time as possible (plus set the car to have optimum handling in a given track), but it's not needed to judge how the car is "at the limit".

And that being said, I know many people who can set WRs or be very close to them if they wanted and pretty much they all think that the cars in AC are easy at/a bit over the limit.

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I think this discussion is utterly silly. In AC we have unlimited attempts to get ourselves in danger and back out...or crash. After several escapes in the same car through the same turn in AC it's no surprise you know exactly what to do in order to save it.

So all AC videos of "too easy to catch" are the result of countless crash-lessons. These RL videos on Nords are your first crash in AC, so to say.

On topic: No, I don't think they are too easy to safe. I think it's plausible.

Kyo, Octane, Racing_34 and 14 others like this.
  18. This.
    And this.

Racing_34, Rift Racer and LeDude83 like this.
  19. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

We need a sticky "is it realisim?". thread, saves some typing.

20. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

A lot of people who have expensive sports cars know nothing about driving their car on the limit. They have money to buy an expensive car and that's it. They will not gain any knowledge and they'll not be any smarter either at the moment of the purchase. There is a reason why manufacturers hold trainings for people who bought a fast car from them. A few month ago not far from where I live somebody crashed a LaFerrari in traffic at road legal speeds while changing lanes. I guess he didn't know what to expect.
    Most practiced sim players at least know what to expect when they drive a powerful RWD car. When I'm very tired I can make all the same mistakes in AC which are shown on the video but because I tried the Nords with various cars plenty of times I tend to make less mistakes than somebody who has absolutely no idea what they are doing. It is really hard to tell exactly how far AC is off from reality but there is no hardware and software in existence which is available to the public which could simulate everything totally correctly. I will invite some of my co-workers to play Assetto Corsa for the first time in their lives and we'll see how easy it is for beginners but from past experience with newbies they'll be happy to complete a lap without crashing.

LeDude83 and Eero like this.