1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are Porsche license still exclusive? Watch out Kunos!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Automotive Supremacy, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Ruf cars suck, they just put more power into the car, I'd like a smaller engine like the porsches, maybe an upgrade or detuned version would be possible to add @Aristotelis?

Sent using Tapatalk

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

They won't be able to include them. Same goes for any other cars they can't afford the licence for...

Andy-R likes this.
  3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

This is why we need Porsche cars in AC :cool:
    Not necessarily now...

Automotive Supremacy likes this.
  4. I already have that car in AC....just sayin'

Alexandr66 and Cote Dazur like this.
  5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I can´t stand that one... A quality set of 356, Speedster, 901, 930, 911 RSR, 2.7 Carrera, recent GT3 and Cup models, Cayman GT4 or 991 GT3 RS would be nice, though.

6. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

you are wrong my friend

Ruf CTR3
    [​IMG]

20 years old Ruf CTR2 vs tunned GTR35

my only problem with the Ruf cars in AC is not having the ability to adjust the dampers in the rt12r

sorry the off topic :p

7. I believe I have all but one of those already. The 'quality' is subjective though.

Sorry for OT.

8. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

That is just a 911 with a big butt.

9. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

I think the fact that they're DLC and not in the base game has something to do with skirting the exclusivity stuff - not that they're free to use otherwise - but it's curious that they're never in the base game despite returning for dlc packs every time.

10. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

This is just to make more money. U can sell those Porsches better than a DLC of Volkswagen or Audi´s...

mister dog likes this.
  11. :D
    [​IMG]

aphidgod, AccAkut and Alexandr66 like this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think it just demonstrates how many $$$ MS have spent to get the cars in game...

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Why do so many people prefer Porsche over Ruf?
    Shouldn't a Ruf be the better choice? Looks exactly the same but has even more power?

EDIT: If I would have the choice: Fiat500 or Abarth500 I would take the Abarth for example... Or am I totally wrong?

14. Rolf Kazamba

Rolf Kazamba Simracer

I'd say Porsche very well knows how much power makes sense. E.g. a 991 GT3RS is extraordinary fast around a racetrack but "only" has 500hp which is less than the "ordinary" 991 Turbo.*

When RUF puts 100hp and more on top of the same chassis the product might be faster in the straight line when the tyres are gripping well enough but what will be on the race track? When trying the RT12 RWD in AC it becomes obvious:
    Too much power to be fast because it takes too much efford to keep the rear end under control. ;)

*A lot of quotation marks in there ;), Porsches seem to be more than fancy beetles... maybe? :p

mister dog, LChaves, Kyo and 5 others like this.
  15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Agree pretty much. A 911 is an act of balance, to create a driveable car with the rear engine and a shape that could contest an airplane wing for lift. This is what makes the car for me, the thought and engineering behind it. The RUF cars are a nice challange, but they are different cars with a different philosophy. Ring laptimes of a 997 GT3 RS and Ruf RT 12R are compareable while the GT3 RS has about 280hp less than the 730hp RUF.

And Ruf doesn´t create race cars as far as I know, so that´s a good reason for a Porsche, too.

I am realistic about Porsche not coming to more sims too soon and I do enjoy driving a Ruf, when I can´t have a 911. Even if the exclusive license is gone, the costs of licensing one of their cars will be extremely high, I guess, as the interest will be there.

16. The Ruf CTR Yellowbird has become a joy to drive since the major tyre physics upgrade was implemented, and I enjoy driving the Ruf RT12 R aswell (both versions). That being the case, a range of Porsche 911s with variable amounts of power would be a welcome addition to the AC car fleet. Let's hope we get this one day....

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I really want to see a classic na 911. I think ruf do referb' / upgrades for them... im looking at you Kunos :p

18. St3fan

St3fan Alien

For me, driving Flat6 in RF2 and Porsches in NFS makes me feel like a driving god, but driving any RUF in AC makes me feel like a wrecking ball. So I'm waiting for Porsches in AC to regain my divine identity.

19. I wish Aris could make a step-1 rt12 with similar to porsches specs, in the future

Sent using Tapatalk

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Downloading crappy forza rips isnt really my thing. If someone cares little for legit content and mods or even half reasonable quality then they probably would enjoy mario kart as much as a proper sim.