1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will we see more "Historic" tracks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GCCRacer, Apr 27, 2016.

1. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Building historic or "ghost" tracks is arguably the hardest thing to do. You can't just go down and take pictures of everything. Heck even if you can still scan some sections is sure as heck doesn't look like it did way back when. You may get lucky and find some old photos but people rarely took photos of just the track. They almost always focus on the cars on the track and you have to get lucky to have what you are looking for in the background. It is a long and tedious process to build an old track properly.

mantasisg 2 and sacredaardvark like this.
  2. 3316V

3316V Alien

I don't even care about modern super safe cars and tracks, so it would be really nice to have some kind of Classics DLC pack.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  3. I love classic cars, but I have very little interest in historic tracks. However, I appreciate that others do, and I get the feeling that a 1960s version of Silverstone would probably be fun.

4. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

Needless to say I do enjoy.

I obviously prefer laserscanned but I after all find myself that is just depending on what circuit it is, non laser-scanned zandvoort oh yes, laser-scanned catalunya? meh, non-laser-scanned monza 66 meeeeeeh. Personally I'd like to see Montjuic, mod or not(ironically it's catalunya circuit as well :)).

5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

6. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Nah just bring what's more relevant ie ,bathurst,le mans,sebring,Oulton park etc...

7. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

maaaan, Bathurst laserscanned and in KUNOS quality... but it probably will always be a dream. :(
    I think this would sell pretty well.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Mogster likes this.
  8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

High profile tracks like Spa, Oesterreich Ring, Hockenheim, Nordschleife and Monaco etc have quite decent historic references though surely? I can see some obsessive historian types will never be satisfied unless the hotdog stands have signs in the correct font but for the rest of us close to how it was and a feel of the 60s is good enough imo.

BrandonW77 and Fat-Alfie like this.
  9. Doc-H

Doc-H Gamer

It doesn't really matter much to me, a track is a track. A fresh canvas, waiting to be raced on.

Older, historic tracks, have more character and history to them. ;) (Wonder if Andretti had to dodge that pothole too?) :D

Is Sonoma represented, or is there someone who has created this track for AC? Would like to race on it.

Thanks.

10. LilSki

LilSki Alien

You would think so but not always the case. Of course some places will have amazing data but some will have next to zero. It all depends if someone was smart enough to preserve the information.

You also have to think of the fact that you may gather info from say a 30 year span but you have to pick a moment in time of when you want to represent it. Things change over that period where buildings get added or removed or simply moved from area to another. You then have to determine where everything was for the year you plan on doing.

In the end my basic point is you can't just go and make your data by scanning or taking photos. You have to research for your data which can take just as long as actually building the track.

11. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

I would love to have more historic tracks. Seems pointless having the 60's F1 cars in the game at the moment. Plus, it's the perfect opportunity to make an effective class if there were more historic tracks for them to race on. At the moment, it's a bit of a novelty. Plus, if we had more historic tracks, then we could have have a championship event added to the game.

As for tracks, then I'm not so bothered which ones. Österreich Ring would be awesome as would Spa, Silverstone, Rouen, Zandvoort, Reims, Goodwood and off course, Monaco.

SirJack, ekosan and Mogster like this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's not just the F1 cars, the Cobra, GTA and GT40 raced on these tracks as well.

Doc-H likes this.
  13. KWILD

KWILD Gamer

Classic tracks are a must!Kunos must do something about ASAP!
    I'd like to see classics awesome tracks like Osterreich Ring,Classic Fuji,Rouen,Zolder,Sebring and classic Zandvoort a real killer track!
    Also high quality conversions will be really accepted and why not contact officially classic team modders like Virtua_LM and do an official DLC(or more than one) even to pay a tribute to the mod scene masters of the last 15 years.

14. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Rouen in Kunos quality…one can dream.

baronesbc and THL like this.
  15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Silverstone to me is the worst example though... there's one for RF2 around, and it's basically a right-hand track with a very occasional left turn, like Monza, just wider. Arguable the same goes for the Österreichring, I love it but more out of knowing my Dad in his time went there to watch races, not because of the layout.

Historic Monaco on the other hand... that's awesome. Very tricky, very technical. Yet historic Spa rules them all in my opinion...

Christopher Low and quicomc like this.
  16. Art-J

Art-J Gamer

Well, I'm historic motorsport enthusiast only, so If I could, I would drive only on historic tracks, or their slightly modernized versions (Brands, Oulton, Bathurst etc.). I know recreating them is painfull task, however, and that's why I'm impressed with the job LilSki does (the first ever AC modder to scratch build historic circuits I presume?). I wish other track builders would follow, but not holding my breath for it, as customers like me are niche within a niche.

rge75, ekosan, THL and 2 others like this.
  17. I know what you mean, GCC Racer. I only mentioned Silverstone because I had a handful of half decent races at the 1988 version in GT Legends. However, I do prefer more technical tracks to outright "speed fests", which is why I am not a big fan of Monza, or many of the old historic tracks. That banked oval version of Monza for example is of no real interest to me. In fact, I am looking forward to the short Monza Junior track more than I am the oval.

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Historic Fuji, the insane 30 degree banking (Daytona 18 deg, Indy 9 deg...) entered downhill from a blind crest on the main straight, imagine tackling that in the GT40... :D

It's like a fantasy track...

fbiehne, jonnyboy_99, KWILD and 2 others like this.
  19. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Monza has 38º Terramar 90º

On day we will race here....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. KWILD

KWILD Gamer

Yep!Even the layouts without the insane "parabolica" as they use till 80s are also great (a lot better than the anonimous modern track).I remember great races in RFactor with DRM mod and the Virtua_LM version(s) of the amazing Fuji.