1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bud01, Jun 11, 2016.

1. what is wrong. are you taking the piss?

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Something isn't really right in this sentence either.

No, I'm not taking the piss out of you. F40 just doesn't have adjustable turbo.

And sorry for not using emojis. I know they helps not to look mean. Or look friendly when you are actually mean :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

That's very weird. Weight transfer is very much evident and obvious in AC.
    I haven't played iracing for 9 months now so I can't tell the evolution, but with my g27 , I always could tell better what the car is trying to do in AC rather in iracing .
    Maybe you have wrong settings?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Sure, I'd say it's much easier to catch slides in RL than in any modern simulation; there's many more cues to tell us what's going on but, that's a large part of the point of FFB in the first place. The lack of "Seat of the pants" information we get in real life driving needs to come from other sources, not just visual, but, through sound and feel as well. We know that the more and better tools we have will do a better job of filling some of the gaps that exist between Simulation and RL driving - no doubt.

Having driven many different types of vehicles (quite often over the limit) in my 54 years has taught me a lot about physics in general. I admit, aside from a few brushes with near-death in a car, I don't drive over the limit at high speeds on a race course. I've only done some Autocross but, the limit is still a factor - just with reduced consequence in most cases. Having used many different FFB wheels for Sims, I can't stress enough how much better the information coming through the wheel is with Direct-drive; it's indisputable in my mind. Many who are new to direct-drive go through a sort of guilt-phase where they feel as though they are cheating just by using one.:) That's not an issue for me, I just want to be immersed in the experience and DD does that much, much better than any other wheel I've used.

The funny thing is, for every single simulation in existence - there are players that also have RL racing experience and in every single case, one will claim that "X" sim has the most real physics - yes, including Pcars. Unfortunately, that means most of them - maybe all, are wrong. That pretty much leaves the rest of us having to use our own subjectivity to determine which one "feels" real to us based on our own RL driving experience. For me, that comes more from a visceral response than one from math and science. I get that DD FFB is creating much greater feedback information than RL steering does but, it still can't replace RL feedback of various types working together; more is better in this case - much better.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Radiantm3, Rift Racer and mantasisg 2 like this.
  5. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Its not that it dont exist or the feel, but the way weightransfer behaves. To fast to disturb the illusion off mass and weight in the cars. And if Im gona go the FFB also it lacks a Little gyro and
    self align to transfer the feel.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Sorry if this is OT.

Speaking of DD systems.

Would a person who is somewhere in the middle between average and top, could get anywhere close to this with DD ? Because with G25 I see no chance to survive more than 3 curves when driving like this :D

7. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Oh I totally agree with you. :) And yes I've heard from many that a true DD wheel is a fantastic experience. Definitely on my upgrade list for some day. And yes I understand that sims have extra FFB to help the driver feel what the car is doing that a real wheel may not give you. But for me it's all about what feels the most natural when transitioning from a real car to a sim. And for me and my setup, AC does the best job. Kunos' whole philosophy of driving simulators happens to mesh with me as well. Having good car control and being able to play around with slip angles is fun and for me that's sort of a litmus test for car physics. AC is just uncanny when it comes to it. There are guys at Kunos that are like Vettel or Niki Lauda in the sense that they have a very deep sense of how a car should feel at the seat of the pants. That's the only way a driving sim could feel so right.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

In terms of the title getting my attention for FFB right now, I'd put AMS near the top; I feel it does the best job in providing a progressive resistance leading up to front grip-loss threshold. I don't think we can get that same feeling with common commercial wheels generally. It's one area where I feel AC FFB could be improved but, it's tied to designing a feature based on DD technology that hasn't matured in terms of widespread adoption.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  9. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

You kind of have to go on a car by car basis. A while back though on an older tire model my hate for certain cars was real as you could just not predict what was going to happen and have absolutely zero chance of catching a slide. Here is an example in the Ruf track, a car with traction control on a corner I took with what looks like good throttle control and somehow I'm in the barrier. When you're 30 minutes into a race and this **** happens for no apparent reason it can be utterly infuriating. Certain other cars like skip barber have always been fun to drive.

The Ruf makes a lot more sense now and I really enjoy the Ruf cup these days, but what's worrying is it seems like they just kind of 'patch' bad tire behaviour and it still doesn't feel like a very realistic tire model once you're over the limit.

What's also worrying is some strange ideas coming from the lead physics guy who said this:

This concept had me absolutely baffled as every instinct tells me that heat is creating from rolling resistance with the ground. I found that RF2 telemetry agreed with me as well as real life data from thermal camera's but it was beyond amazing to see the fanboys rushing to defend said physics guy's statement jumping through all sorts of mental hoops to try and disprove reality.

So yeh it starts to make sense that some of the tire model doesn't feel right when their physics guy is saying stuff like this.

All that said, I really love IRacing for the multiplayer competition and the feeling like there is something at stake for each race. One has a continuous goal in Iracing to try and get your rating higher so that firstly you can get into the top split and race against the best and then maybe one day take a top split win. The fact that your races are mostly with people of similar ability who aren't out to wreck you makes for some very exciting close racing most of the time. I think Sim racing system is a fantastic start for AC to achieve the same.

Which is better OP? Neither, they're both great in different ways.

10. I was referring to the F40 Stage 3. This car certainly has adjustable turbo. if you check my previous comments that's what I'm talking about. I meant that car, not the normal F40. Guess I'll be sure to write it out in full as to not confuse people in future.

I sitll don't understand what "Something isn't really right in this sentence either.". Is it my grammar again? I aplogise in advance. I'm tired and I don't have a university degree in English, nor do I have the funds for one.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I know you were talking about F40 S3. Despite knowing that it doesn't have adjustable turbos. I turned on the game just to check. :)

12. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

I love Iracing for their organized online racing and I used it quite a lot (199 starts) but after some time I couldn’t enjoy their cars behaviour after I played AC, GSCE or now Automobilista.
    There I can feel what the car is doing, the cars behave more believable imo. I’ll give it a try and see if I can enjoy it again in some weeks.

13. Fascinating. Last time I played online I could adjust turbos. In offline, as we speak I can't but I am still getting 1.6bar of boost. So yes there are turbos.

14. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Save 25% on any membership renewal now through June 30, 2016

2-Year Renewal is now only $134.25 – use promo code PR-RENEW20162Y

1-Year Renewal is now only $74.25 – use promo code PR-RENEW201612M

3-Month Renewal is now only $22.50 – use promo code PR-RENEW20163M

1-Month Renewal is now only $9 – use promo code PR-RENEW20161M

15. Punknoodle

Punknoodle Racer

I only just renewed, but thanks for sharing. I think I'll do another renewal now seen as how it simply compounds my subscription.

At for the rest of this topic, it's a little TL;DR so excuse me if it's been said before but I really enjoy iRacing, not only for it's brilliant race scheduling but I really enjoy the driving too, and I love it how customisable it is in regards to assigning controls and such.

It even let's you assign controls per car, which is very handy as some cars I use the Formula rim, and others I use the BMW rim for my CSWv2 and the button layouts are different. In iRacing I can set the button layouts I want for each car for the rim I'm using, or whether or not that car uses the sequential shifter or paddles.

This is something I would love for AC to implement.

16. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

if you want the absolute cheapest subscription, wait for black friday and renew then, it's 50% off. (or pay for the next 5 months, and then pay your yearly on black friday, $45)

Punknoodle likes this.
  17. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

They just announced that sub prices go up and content discounts go down. :rolleyes:

The price increase will take place on or around August 1, 2016. We will simply increase our subscription rates by $1 per month for our monthly subscription and less than $1 per month on our three, twelve month and two year subscriptions. Additionally, we are going to modify our bulk content purchasing discount program slightly. We are going to reduce our six piece bulk purchase discount from a 20% to 15% discount. We are going to reduce our 25% 40 piece loyalty program from a 25% to a 20% discount. That is it. That is the price change.

18. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Like iracing wasn't expensive enough already... jeez.

martcerv and LeDude83 like this.
  19. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

On F40 S3 you need to adjust the tires! defaults are no go

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Always dropping down the pressure is first thing I do. Also helps to steer into a slide before car actually slides :D