1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

What do you believe they actually got by acquiring the ISI motor 2 source code? :confused: Honest question. The way you phrase your comment, it sounds like you think that Reiza has all these features just tucked away in their pocket that they are choosing to withhold.

What they actually got, was the source code that was used in rF1. So, as you can see, it is quite old and not even close to what rF2 is using currently, since that has had the benefit of ~7+ yrs of development since ISI motor 2.

AMS is the development playground for Reiza right now. The features they are working on that will eventually be in Reiza 17, are being implemented into AMS. Most of AMS is transferring over to Reiza 17. Physics, features, content, etc. The only real difference is a DX 12 rendering engine. The code is going to be nearly identical aside from the obvious differences between DX 9 and 12.

So, if they dump AMS right now... what do you actually expect them to do? They still need to develop the features and code for whatever it is that they will eventually implement... So, why not implement it in AMS while they work on everything?

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep .. pretty much what @nate said is what I`m expecting will happend ... which is great .. develop and test on AMS, improve, gather some good licences to attract more players , replace gMotor with new graphic engine and viola perfect sim si born .. moving away from pMotor (resp moddified pMotor) would be bad decision ... this short after getting source code, with all posibilities that it opens ...

nate likes this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I strongly hope Reiza17 will not only be an update on eyecandy. If physics and contend wise it will be AMS I will not buy into it, because I will stay with win7 for some years to come. And I just bought the member pack for 25$.

4. You know that support for Windows 7 ends in a month right?

Tiago Lima likes this.
  5. mms

mms Alien

jim jones, xystof, norbs and 4 others like this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:rolleyes:
    Win 7 will be supplied with security updates for at least a few years ( can't be bothered to google it now). It just won't get new features. My old win vista is still held up to date, so...?

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'm really looking forward to the "Brit Pack" for AMS, it should be outstanding. The only major thing currently lacking for me in AMS is VR support; otherwise, it's a great Racing title. Granted, it's not miles different than GSC now but, with the content that's coming - I'm glad I opted for the higher support level.

ericRacer and Ernie like this.
  8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I wish more people will join AMS races on simracingsystem :)

Dajonaga, Erwin, xvg and 2 others like this.
  9. norbs

norbs Alien

This needs to be shouted from the rooftops! So many people carrying on about no support for Win7. It is bad enough when Lord Varys does it here, but some IT people are saying the same thing. *facepalm*

Alessandro Greghi, Jebus and nate like this.
  10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I spent last night doing Spielberg in AMS yesterday running multiclass: MR18 + Boxer Cup + Lancer RS. The AI in fast cars is not good at passing cars that are much slower. Not at all.
    After seeing Stefano spending so much time on AI, and people keep criticizing AC's AI without noticing the issues in AI of other sims, I really have to say that AC has come a long way and Stefano is doing a hard work and an amazing job.

The more I discover and study the problems and issues in all the sims, AC, AMS, R3E, RF2, the more respect I have for all the developers' effort they put in their products. It's not easy. Even a small changelog item like "AIs are now better passing slower cars" takes hours after hours of hard work.

11. Anyone have any idea how such great feeling sim like AMS can look so bad in replay? Is it just terrible animation or what..?

Cars are moving so unrealistically I sometimes wish there wouldn't be a possibility to watch replays at all. :)

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

hmm there were some nonworking animations of rear suspension but I don`t know how it is now, also in replays car line is "recontructed" with AI algorythm (which is i think standard solution), also steering wheel movement is jerky, which should be reworked with new driver and addition of hands animation ... anyway on my system I don`t see anything bothering me
    Can you post vid or specified it a bit? I`m curious now :)
    examples:

13. Maybe sometimes but to me the cars look weightless rubberballs bouncing around track. Boxer is one great example. :D

14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yeah, boxers rear susp looks bit springier than Prosche Cup car :)

15. Basically every single car excluding open wheelers looks the same.

This is what I mean.
    - Default setup
    - Lapping messy low 1.24's

16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

are you sawing the steering wheel or doing weird movements? I haven`t seen that lateral wobeling before .. not on YT, not on my replays ... just bumpier rear suspension with default setup but that could be the setup

17. Just push harder. :D
    Seriously speaking it might be a combination of driving style (I like to steer the car with dat big fat a$$) and force feedback steering the car.

BTW. Sorry for the crappy image quality. Apparently I had some setting very badly wrong in my video editing software to make maxed out (SweetFX included) AMS look that bad after quick conversion. :)

18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

:) don`t worry about quality ...
    well I guess it is your driving style and FFB .. perhaps you have FFB too high pushing you to do more aggressive corrections .. in combination with DD wheel? It sometimes looks like you are jerking the wheel in not really smooth way :)
    I`m not gonna be as fast as you (nowere close accually) .. and I don`t know Laguna Seca well enough to go lower than `1:28 perhaps 1:27, certainly not within those 3 laps I just did (and even if I do more laps I`m just not that fast ... I`m loosing 2 seconds in first 3 corners alone :) ) But that with cold tyres that is enough to require corrections and my replays (at least quick replays) dosn`t look that wobbely .. corrections are either too fast and not big enough or too big to induce that behaviour of yours :) and niether do some faster laps on different tracks on YT ... perhaps somebody faster could test it :)
    Except that leteral wobbeling is there something else catching your eye? for me other than that your replay looks nice and fast

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That lateral wobble is my only complaint in that replay, doesn't look natural at all.

20. For me my replay looks like there's a hoovercraft bouncing nervously around a racetrack. Definitely not well engineered Cup car.

Not sure why you said Laguna Seca when the track I drove was Road Atlanta but anyway. Road Atlanta should be easy 1.23's with default setup, probably a bit faster with more aggressive or suitable setup.

The lateral wobble is because AMS is very edgy on the limit. It has a bit same symptons Dirt Rally has. Your tyres can grip like h*ll if you just push like a lunatic. When you add always recoverable slides into that mix, with fast reactions you can survive almost any ridiculous things you 'ask' from the car.

I'm not an expert thou. Just saying how I feel and see AMS at times.