1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

:) 15h and I haven`t start working ... well one last race!

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep they do that too .. usualy just to get along car in a front of them to finish the overtake in corner .. which is fine, most cars can just jump over another car within that distance .. even DTMs with DRS ... so fine by me ..
    But Boxers were overtaking pretty often .. nice to see how P1 was able to zoom away while P2, P3, P4 were bunched up together ..

Dean Ogurek and MsportDAN like this.
  3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

thanks for your time mate... seems they producing a nice ai then...

could try the classics a bit fast er car there too :)

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I love how the AI in rF2 will sometimes block your line as you setup for a pass, forcing you to try to out maneuver them - brilliant.:)

5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

just a shame rf2 hasn't got ams consistency among mods and stock content :(

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  6. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

This game is on sale at steam this weekend.
    I bought GSCE on sale last year and it took me back to the good old days of sim racing but not in that good way.
    I was so underwhelmed that I refunded it.
    Everything I've read about this reboot of GSC leads me to believe that it is just a re issue with plans to milk customer with never ending DLC.
    The games website and press is unconvincing, so I'll turn to my fellow gamers here and ask you.
    What am I missing.
    Is there more than meets the eye.
    What aspects of this game have become better.
    More content is great, but if it's built on the same tired old core game what's the point.

7. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what this is...

lol

They arent milking anyone with dlc... that is SMS job... :rolleyes::D

Just sounds like you arent entirely informed here. AMS comes as a continuation of development of GSCE. Last year, Reiza gained access to modify the source code files for the ISI engine they use in GSCE/AMS. Also last year, there was a crowdfunding campaign to raise money for further development of GSCE, which then turned into AMS.

Basically, this crowd funding campaign simply raised funds to add a ton of new content (which is now nearly all released) and work on improving the game engine since they have source code access now. Things like dynaic track surfaces, dirt pickup on tires, among other things you can search for in this thread.

AMS was given away free to everyone that owned GSCE before, so you can hardly say it's a cash grab. Beyond that, the current price on Steam is the same as GSCE was... except you get a lot more content and improvements now...

Of course, they cant perpetually and indefinitely give you FREE content... so, they made the decision to continue working on AMS, while releasing LICENSED content packs in the form of paid dlc. They said this dlc will range in price but average around 5 bucks a pack. For a licensed track, that isnt too shabby right?

As for the game itself, it's indifferent from GSCE. It feels the same, plays the same, performs the same... so, dont read too highly into people praising this as an entirely new sim/product. It's simply not. Just a continuation of GSCE with more content.

Like AC, and rF2, Reiza works on their games as long term projects. So, they will continue with AMS for a while, and all of the developments they make while AMS is in development, will then transfer over to their "new" game next year with the DX12 graphics engine. So, while AMS is still being developed, dont forget that it is originally from 2012, so development on this game has really lasted a long while, and fleecing your wallet is simply not something anyone can objectively say Reiza has done. Quite the opposite since they have given so many of their games away for free to previous owners.

Because the rF1 engine is actually very good even still? And is a solid base to continually develop and improve upon?

Would you say rF2 doesnt deserve to exist simply because it originally released in what, 2006 as rF1? It's simply an improvement of code from way back then. That's all.

Would you then also say that AC2 shouldnt be made because it will be 'made from the same old engine as AC1'? And by then you would expect an entirely new game engine to be made all over again? Or would it make sense to simply improve on AC1 and the code already established. :p

Cheers

8. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the reply.
    2 questions
    Does the game have dynamic weather / Rain
    Is Virginia available to all early access user's or just the Beta guys

9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

doesn't have weather

vir available to all.

I've personally got back into rf2 because I think ams lacks compare to it. Offline is what I do and rf2 Ai just keeps me playing that and pretty much shelving ams.

and frankly that hurts to say.

10. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

I don't own rf2 but for me AMS is my second fav sim after AC. The cars just feel right. Hard to explain it but the difficulty does not come from driving fast around a track. It comes from driving really fast around a track. I like to drive IRL and always felt that sim cars were too hard in sim racing. AC and AMS seem to have gotten it right.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

MsportDAN and Alistair McKinley like this.
  11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I think the perception of rf2 being overly hard is probably almost correct. But I find if you use low traction control on the GT cars it becomes as fun as ac is too drive , and u wouldn't drive them without trc especially. I use the lowest assisted trc in ac. But the formula cars in rf2 are among the best sim cars to drive you can drive them un assisted and with the track rubbered... Dam that's some authentic experience.

but the Ai probably saves rf2 for me its simply very clever !

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

say what? :)
    [​IMG]
    well see you on track in July :)

13. Methee

Methee Racer

Anyone drive Lancer Evo X . I drive it like RWD that is the totally wrong method. Please give me Video or some advice . Thank you

14. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

Does anyone know or have any news about Reiza's NEW racing title? They did state it was going to be released in Q4-2016, and they also stated that their Indigogo campaign was NOT to fund this NEW racing title.

15. Basically 4WD car should be driven a bit like FWD's but don't think too much how you should drive that EVO. The car just isn't very well done if you ask me and true rallying techniques may not apply very well into virtual re-creation. Even as a rally purist I haven't touched the car for months.

Methee likes this.
  16. This is hitting the nail on the head! When rf2 is on, it's untouchably good (Nissan gtr, Skip) but the optimization, consistency and organization otherwise is mind bogglingly abysmal. If i want to drive a gtr, skip, dw12 or the F1 Mariussa...rf2 all day, everyday...anything else is Assetto Corsa. One more update as good as 1.6 and rf2 is getting uninstalled.

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I cant wait for Cadwell!

18. nanucq

nanucq Racer

And I can't wait for Oulton Park :D

19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I would prefer if they drop expanding this obsolete game and instead push the Reiza 17 ( or how they will call it) , with DX12 and all these things that they got by acquiring the gmotor engine.
    Don't get me wrong , AMS is a decent game, many people love it but I believe it's time to move on to something new and modern. There is too much potential that gets wasted.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

20. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Well, for me it’s ok when they bring new content (love the british content btw!). Beside AC this is my favorite sim and I’d assume that their new game comes somewhere in the middle of 2017?
    So still some time to play the actual game.