1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Just wanted to say that the new Porsch.. ..sorry.. ..Boxer is amazing! Scary ride around VIR!

LeDude83, Dean Ogurek and ZethGAF like this.
  2. it looks like a crappy chinese copy, cmon!

Alexandr66, Eero, Cote Dazur and 2 others like this.
  3. TDS

TDS Alien

but feels like a proper porsche and its still WIP :)

jonnyboy_99, fbiehne and ZethGAF like this.
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'm enjoying throwing the Boxer around VIR tons; this track should be a great in AC as well. The Boxer is somewhat competitive with the V8 SC so that adds some interesting sparring partners to compete with. I love the gearbox sounds in the boxer too; they add a lot to the intensity - especially when using an H-shifter (I know, not true to RL). :)

Kevin Knorpp likes this.
  5. This. It surely looks like sh*t but drives wonderfully. It's a proper hammer! You have to drive it like a Porsche and not like you'd drive some mid-engined Ferrari.

Kevin Knorpp and TDS like this.
  6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I`m just sad about its engine sound :( .. and curb behaviour (I know WIP) ... I`ll wait a bit

7. I'm a bit puzzled right now. The car sounds so wonderful! :)

What's wrong with the curb behaviour? During my quick test drive I only noticed that the car eats curbs like every car on ISI engines. Too well.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I don`t know I consider AMS sounds to be 2nd best on the market and physics wise it is my prefered sim .. but this one doesn`t work with my ears too well and in my short time with it I experienced weird behaviour on curbs .. not with other cars .. but I don`t wanna judge prematurely, it was beta build of that vehicle, I`ll wait ...I`m sure I`m gone fix my atitude and love it :p

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I think the sounds of the Boxer are quite nice although, maybe could use a bit more bass on the low end. The curb behavior seems pretty good to me; it's fine in most cases, only getting some over-steer in tight turns while using max curbs. Touch the grass though and around you go! :) I like it as is; makes things really exciting, especially the high-speed curves at VIR Grande. I thought the AI were going crazy when they lost it through those turns until I found myself doing the same. :D

10. norbs

norbs Alien

Am I missing something? VIR and Boxter ?

11. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

If you have got beta access you can enjoy both.

12. norbs

norbs Alien

Ah right. I thought I did but it must just be early access. Thanks.

fbiehne likes this.
  13. Jebus

Jebus Alien

You can buy a membership package and get an instant access to beta. You'll get all future dlc's with that prize too.

Link: Membership package

norbs likes this.
  14. norbs

norbs Alien

thanks

Jebus likes this.
  15. Could anyone elaborate on how the multiplayer activity is compared to AC in terms of number of servers, content and players? I remember that last year in GSC there weren't too many people online, the vast majority of servers were empty and the most popular mod was the V8 stock cars...is it the same now in AMS?

16. Simply put, non-existant if compared to AC.

nate and Eero like this.
  17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

If you are interested in some clean race for fun, Racedepartment has regular AMS club races. A Mini Challenge Championship is also going on, and the first round will be broadcast live tomorrow.
    Pub servers are hit or miss.

Steve Bullitt likes this.
  18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Except everyday RD races... Not solution for everybody i guess

To Boxter... I spent more time with it and i dont have curb issues anymore ... I dont know if i had bad day or they fixed something but it is fine now.. Now I'm gonna have to drive it enough to start liking the sounds...

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  19. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Online is like rfactor 2 , private servers and few random ones which disconnect....MP is the weakest link at the moment and dont think it will change much.
    With no rating system, no goal to race for , public severs dont stay filled for too long.

Imagine a race with no rules and 20 Pastor Maldonado's :eek:... Rules, penalties and leaderboard/rating is part of real life racing and the missing piece of simulation.....

The only way to have a good Mp race is to join a league, if you can't then you just need to hope you get lucky.

Steve Bullitt likes this.
  20. Maybe in a year or so will get better...atm I saw that even GSC is still more popular online...lets hope they will have a big sale for Christmas on Steam!:p

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016