1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

oh :) I was about to have race at Laguna when I was reading it so I must have been somewhere else with my mind .... sry .. I can try Atlanta tomorrow :) ... well hopefully it will not ruin your times with AMS (if you are enjoying it) we are not gonna solve it I guess ..

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I don't think you have to be defensive, but pls explain on "always recoverable slides".
    I most honestly think slip/ recovery behavior improved a long way in this sim compared to SCE. The latter gave me wtf moments galore. Since Reiza gave more Hz on the FFB it's much more predictable. But far from that magical on finger recovery, way far.

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

i would say it mostly comes down to updated FFB and physics rate ... and they fixed some cars like MR18 ...

4. Just look at the first save on my video above. If you have quick reactions it's really, really hard to lose the car on medium and high speed corners. Even that Porsche with heavy trunk. You can overdrive it as much as you want because there's no true fear of losing it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  5. It's not gonna ruin my time with the sim. I can live with the oddities as long as I don't watch replays. :)

Cause just like I said, cars looks and feels much better while driving on cockpit view.

sherpa25 likes this.
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I feel that the FFB in AMS is very communicative in regard to front-grip-loss and the progressive buildup of FFB force leading up to the threshold. This may be particularly effective when using DD wheels and it would seem to create a sense of increased grip levels. The numbers (lap-times) should go some way to comparisons between Reality/AC/AMS but, I feel that AMS and rF2 are just much better at providing more information through the FFB - especially in regard to avoiding under-steer/over-steer. These cues allow us to make corrections much earlier than in AC IMO.

sherpa25 and Jebus like this.
  7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

My on-track Sim-racing sessions are pretty evenly split between AC (VR) and AMS. I truly enjoy both for different reasons and I'm looking forward to the incoming update to AMS.

ZethGAF likes this.
  9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

along with GTR (with Chevy LS7 V8) there will be V8 and V12 1967 GP cars and 1969 version with rear wing. We also get race-prepped version of Ultima GTR with left and right hand position.

Niels is working on brand new ECU model (with throttle mapping, better transitions from power to engine braking. etc).

Track wise, 7km long Mending layout is comming. Brands Hatch is basicaly finished, Cadwell Park is in advanced WIP (they started using digital level to measure camber and elevation changes on track survey phase)
    Imola licence confirmed! we will get early 70s, late 80s, early 00s and modern version of a track. Comming in October 2016.

There will be more tracks as a part of Legendary Race Tracks line of DLCs

There are changes to Brit Pack DLC .. one more class added to it :) Out before end of august

For those who has memebership pack .. everything stays free ... .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Guys, some help pls (AMS keeps crashing when running with Dynhud, but fine w/o it). Anyone encounter this, or have any suggestion how to address this? Verified files many times already and always crashes when Dynhud is present. Trying GID but I can't seem to make it work. Sorry for the OT.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

possibly the best sim for physics/ffb you can get atm. Doesn't have AC licenses and gfx vo.

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep .. car licenses and gfx would be certainly good thing to attract more players .. but i kind of like the idea that they are mostly simulating whole racing series ... as it says it is motorsport simulation .. for driving in roadcars I have AC

Also I`ll take 100 tracks over 100 cars anytime

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Visit the Reiza forums for more information; I don't follow the Hud threads specifically but, I know there are several conversations regarding related issues.

sherpa25 likes this.
  14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Great stuff, and the Brit Pack will add some excellent tracks as well - can't wait.:)

15. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Anybody ever encounter an issue with the steering 'accelerating' when you turn your wheel? Like it's fine centered, but then as soon as I turn, it seems to basically pull the wheel really quickly to the left or right. Needless to say, this makes the game completely unplayable and I have absolutely no idea what is causing it. Dont have this problem in any other sim.

16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

reversed ffb?

17. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

It happens sitting still, too.

18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

could still be the ffb. Unless you've checked.

19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

are you in positive ffb strength values with your T300?
    you can always backup your profile, delete it and create new one to see if it helps .. than you put back everything except your controler profile

MsportDAN likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

MsportDAN likes this.