1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Sooo...Supported wheels PS4 / No Fanatec

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by boskapongen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Pikmin

Pikmin Rookie

Fanatec CSL Base
    • PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
    Fanatec Blog:
    And finally a word to the PlayStation situation. We know that a lot of people want to know what the status is but we cannot announce anything before the contract is signed. We have a good relationship with Sony but we need to follow the rules and although there are absolutely no points of disagreement, sometimes things takes a while because of procedures and work flows. I am confident that we can announce a PS4 Version of this Wheel base soon.

So i sell my V2 to buy a PS4 base a little better then V1, no thanks!

2. Skazz

Skazz Racer

That announcement, with more details here https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/bundle/product;bundle_id;107 actually means that Fanatec is going the same way as Thrusmaster and Logitech: different wheel base needed per console.

So soon we will have:
    TX, G920, CSL-Xbox bases on Xbox One
    T300, G29, CSL-PS4 bases on PS4

And like Thrustmaster the rims are interchangeable, but the bases are not.

Poof, there go dreams of a single wheel for all platforms. Thankfully Forza is coming to PC so Xbox One is not really a big problem for those of us who like trying everything.

boskapongen and wuf69 like this.
  3. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

AAAAND that's why I'll stay on PC :D

No seriously what a f***** up move by Sony.
    I can't believe they really did this. I feel really bad for all the guys with expesive CSWv2 wheels like I have.
    A CLS is way inferior to a CSWv2... Just stupid.
    Especially considering such a wheel is more expensive than the console itself.

monkiusz likes this.
  4. Pikmin

Pikmin Rookie

No sooo soon....CSL Base Nov. 2016 an PS4 ? March/May or later........?
    Maybe you can use the Xbox Rims on the PS4 Base, nobody knows.

I will buy this chronus adapter , Fanatec PS3 Mode should work with full FFB, like on PS3

5. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

Thomas postet on his Blog:
    "I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enables us to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed.
    We are not making those rules"

A slap in the face for every CSW owner, good move Sony and Fanatec!!!

monkiusz likes this.
  6. Well I got a reply from Cronusmax and it's a YES !

"Yes. We actually released this in yesterday’s press release: http://cronusmax.com/cronus-pro-v1-12-cronusmax-plus-v1-22-firmware-update/

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 5:26 AM
    To: admin@cronusmax.com
    Subject: CronusMAX Website Contact Us Form

Name: ***

Email: ***

Phone:

Please would you tell me if Cronusmax Pro v 1.12, which supports Fanatec wheels on PS4, has full FFB support for these wheels ?

Thank you."

Killerfox1978 likes this.
  7. You're welcome, mate :)

Killerfox1978 likes this.
  8. Julio979

Julio979 Rookie

to operate the cronusmax is the Fanatec need or connect everything in the right Pc? I have ordered, but if anyone can make it work let us know.

Pikmin likes this.
  9. Well , Julio, you'll just need your PC once. You'll have to update the CM firmware by plugging it to your PC and downloading the fw on the CM website.. Then you won't need the PC anymore, you'll just need the CM, your PS4, a Dualshock 4 and a standard 4 ports USB hub 2.0

You'll find the CM manual here :
    http://cronusmax.com/manual/

Pikmin likes this.
  10. Julio979

Julio979 Rookie

[Quote = "Abbey Raod NW8, posta: 735.835, membro: 102688"] Beh, Julio, ti basta il PC una volta. Dovrete aggiornare il firmware CM collegandolo al PC e scaricare il fw sul sito CM .. Poi non sarà più bisogno del PC, ti basta la CM, il vostro PS4, un Dualshock 4 e un 4 porte standard di hub USB 2.0

Troverete il manuale CM qui:
    http://cronusmax.com/manual/ [/ quote]

1. Modalità PS4 rotella Edizione: Questo marchio caratteristica nuova ed esclusiva è per gli utenti con una console PS4 e un G25 di Logitech o volante G27. La ruota è ora rilevato dal gioco come una ruota reale e non un gamepad (in particolare un G29 Wheel Logitech), dando stretto, liscia, un controllo preciso e per la prima volta in assoluto con ritorno di forza SOSTEGNO! Esso comprende anche il supporto completo per il gas, pedali del freno e della frizione e anche il Shifter 6 velocità senza la necessità di script speciali e senza la necessità di un computer da collegare alla console.

Questo splendido nuova funzione richiede il software v1.10 PRO Crono e per la CronusMAX PLUS per essere aggiornato per Firmware v1.21 (versione Hub USB) e un hub USB compatibile.

il manuale dice che questa caratteristica è per Logitech. in modalità standard è necessario il PC sempre connesso. Sto sbagliando?

11. Julio, I would prefer you to use english for my italian is not very good (or my native french language if you know it).

On the CM update page it is said :
    "
    The following Fanatec wheels are supported by the PS4 Wheel Edition Mode. This is also perfect for those who wish to play F1 2016 for PS4. Simply set the wheel into PS3 Mode, set the Cronus Operational Mode to PS4 Wheel Edition v1.22 and the CronusMAX PLUS will do the rest:

• Fanatec CSR inc Pedals/Gear Shifter
    • Fanatec CSR Elite inc Pedals/Gear Shifter
    • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S inc Pedals/Gear Shifter
    • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter
    • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS inc Pedals/Gear Shifter
    • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS v2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter
    • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base inc Pedals/Gear Shifter
    • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter"
    I have not the device yet but I am planning to get it very soon.
    For now I don't know more about this that what is said on the CM official page.
    So I don't want to give you false information and I suggest you'd better contact their support.

Edit :

AT the end of the manual I read this :

Racing Wheel (PS4 Wheel Mode)

VID

PID

Make and Model

DOES NOT REQUIRE
    X-AIM PLUGIN

046D

C299

Logitech G25

046D

C29B

Logitech G27

046D

XXXX

Logitech G920 (No Force Feedback)

XXXX

XXXX

Fanatec CSR inc Pedals/Gear Shifter (Must be in PS3 Mode)

XXXX

XXXX

Fanatec CSR Elite inc Pedals/Gear Shifter (Must be in PS3 Mode)

XXXX

XXXX

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S inc Pedals/Gear Shifter (Must be in PS3 Mode)

XXXX

XXXX

Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter (Must be in PS3 Mode)

XXXX

XXXX

Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS inc Pedals/Gear Shifter (Must be in PS3 Mode)

XXXX

XXXX

Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS v2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter (Must be in PS3 Mode)

XXXX

XXXX

Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base inc Pedals/Gear Shifter (Must be in PS3 Mode)

XXXX

XXXX

Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter (Must be in PS3 Mode)

This is the brand new exclusive feature with the v1.21 Firmware (Must be USB Hub compatible version). If you have a PS4 you can simply connect your Logitech G25 or G27 (or other listed wheel) using your CronusMAX PLUS without the need for any scripts, plugins or a PC being hooked up to your console!

For the first time ever Force Feedback is fully supported along with the Clutch, Brake and Gas pedals and even the Gear Shifter. The PS4 will detect your wheel as a fully functional Logitech G29. This is a 100% wheel to wheel conversion, exclusive only to CronusMAX PLUS.

Note: This feature requires a compatible USB Hub.

So it seems you don't need the PC when using CM

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  12. Julio979

Julio979 Rookie

I'm sorry for writing in Italian ... thanks for the info, Wednesday should arrive CM I ordered today. as soon as i try it will let you know. we hope well!

Killerfox1978 and Blue_Pikmin like this.
  13. No problem, mate, wish you good luck and thanks to keep us posted :)

14. with the info posted its the wheel thats xbox compatible not the base, there is no reason that they cant ship a playstation compatible wheel and hub for people who have a clubsport v2 base or for people who buy this one

15. Skazz

Skazz Racer

I think you need to read the announcement and comments again, then you will understand:
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/529/csl-elite-wheel-base-pedals

It's clearly stated that the CSL Elite base announced yesterday will never be PS4 compatible and neither will the CSWv2 base, due to Sony's new stance on unlicensed wheels.

16. I did understand what was posted but this part stood out from the other link posted about this package..
    • Without any Xbox One® licensed Steering Wheel attached, the Wheel Base is NOT compatible to Xbox One®.
    That's why I said there is no reason that they cannot release a ps4 compatible wheel that works with this base the same as the Xbox one hub with interchangeable wheels with the clubsport v2 base. All the firmware is held in the wheel not the base

17. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

As I already stated earlier, here again what Thomas Jackermeier posted in his blog in the comments under the new wheel:

"I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enables us to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed.

We are not making those rules"

So it seems that Sony want´s a base and not only a rim or a hub...

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  18. So Sony are being anti consumer and forcing a peripheral manufacturer to design and launch a product for the ps4 and possibly pc when all they had to do was allow them to make a ps4 wheel and ps4 hub, if Microsoft done that the gaming media would be all over it saying how Microsoft is anti consumer. So much for Sony and "for the players"

19. pavano

pavano Simracer

If there'd just be an unofficial CSW firmware that fools the PS4 into thinking it is a G29 or whatever.