1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Sooo...Supported wheels PS4 / No Fanatec

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by boskapongen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. maybe it would be nice if someone told us the truth

nelubin likes this.
  2. the truth is sony only want licensed peripherals on their platform. They can also tell developers not to support unlicensed peripherals like wheels if they want to launch on sonys platform. Pretty much the same reason driveclub doesn't support fanatec as although the devs could add support sony wouldnt allow them as fanatec dont have a license

3. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

nelubin and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  4. i would be amazed if it was direct drive, i really cant see it, plus a direct drive wheel would be wasted on GT Sport

5. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

Trust me. I know. It will not be a DD. I know a lot about it, even price :)) but cam't share it... Sorry

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  6. no need to apologise ;)

RSP_Figuur84 likes this.
  7. Hiltz

Hiltz Rookie

Thank you

8. hardvibes

hardvibes Rookie

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Killerfox1978 likes this.
  9. TM-BI likes this.
  10. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

Day One Patch has patched-out Fanatec! I know, because my PS4 AC was working with my CSW 1.5 plus Logitech G27 Pedals until I downloaded the 1.01 Patch!
    If someone want to try, just uninstall the 1.01 patch. After 1.01 uninstallation there will be no online-driving only. It also worked before 1.01 Patch was out.

I have had an long Support-Chat with Fanatec right now - and they really do not understand (not the Support-Team but the CEO/Marketing/PR), how many Customers are p...ed .ff now of using Fanatec-Products with PS4!

Sure, there might be this silly "rumors" that SONY does not want some real alternative to GT-Sports - but who might be that stupid in Japan?

My thoughts about Fanatec and AC on the PS4 are as following:

1. Only with Fantec-Whells there are hundreds of possible FFB-Settings available - and AC thanksfully is not pCars, so they disabled any sort of competition eliminating "FFB-Tweak"-Bull****.

2. It might be the fact that, simultaniously to GT Sport, they (Kunos) do want to create the same balance of Steering-Input and disallow Fanatec-Like Adjustments and FFB-Tweaks?!

3. Fanatecs "new" RIM will be supported only - and they can not sell it, if all the older RIMs will still work......... For me, that could be a brief reason to finally sell my Fanatec-Stuff because I do not want to feed them for nothing!

4. SONY is really as stupid as some people think..."security-chip" rofl, rofl...?!

Anyway: I do not see any sense to do it that way. There has to have another solution on the Firmware for the Wheels or even the Games itself.
    Why does Fanatec not provide an "PS4-Exclusive-Firmware" that disables all those unwanted features if the game/simulation wants it?!
    The console is already able to detect which wheel is connected - it should be possible, or does it not?

Somehow all this discussions are caused by utterly stupid, marketing and public relation departments who can not anticipate with customers who have spend a lot of money to buy their crap...

nelubin and Killerfox1978 like this.
  11. The solution for fanatec is to release a PlayStation 4 hub the same way they had to release an Xbox one hub. That is the only way to satisfy Sony as the new hub would contain the ps4 firmware they have licensed from Sony. There really shouldn't be an issue for fanatec doing this other than cost to them for the licensing. I get there will be people complaining that they have to purchase yet another product and possibly a new clubsport base but that is really not fanatecs fault. The amount of people that defend Sony is unbelievable even when they screw gamers over the fanboys are still blinded by the "for the players" nonsense

TM-BI and boskapongen like this.
  12. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

The one and only SONY and FANATEC need to do now is:

Tell Fanatec-Users "if" and "when" there will be an Solution or new Product from Fanatec.
    People own AC already and they can not use it with their expensive Fantec-Harware right now.
    People will not wait for weeks or month any longer - they probably will sell their PS4 first and then buy an XB-one instead...

Listen SONY: An Fanatec-Set costs around € 1,500 an PS4 only € 250 to € 400...and what was the price for an XB-one? € 300 ?
    What do you think people will do: selling their high-end Fanatec or their PS4?
    Just think...

nelubin likes this.

13. i didnt think for a second people would give up their fanatec set up over this, but i do think fanatec will be working on a hub for ps4 similar to the xbox hub. Its just down to how long it takes to get approved.

14. dont see people buying and Xbone i think people will just go pc route in the end.

nelubin likes this.
  15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Don't get me wrong but why on earth would someone spend 1500€ to play on a console?
    Sorry but I can't understand.
    A i5 + amd 470 pc will play everything.

Still I am with you guys about fanatec support.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

16. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

I play on all current platforms, and the reason why i got Fanatec is (was) the only wheel base that works on all platforms.

TM-BI likes this.
  17. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

LOL

Check this reply from SONY! WTF, this person drunk?

Dear xxxx,

Please contact the Customer Service Sony PlayStation.

In this case , we can tell that this has not been a commercial decision of Sony PlayStation , these incompatibilities can occur due to constant updates to the operating system of our consoles to improve the user experience , so we can not guarantee that all third-party devices are compatible with the PlayStation consoles. In this case we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your device and check if they are working on creating some firmware that allows compatibility with new versions of operating system PlayStation.

18. pavano

pavano Simracer

I call this BS, because one day before the day one patch it worked.
    no "updates to the OS".
    Complete Sony BS.

nelubin, TM-BI, Killerfox1978 and 3 others like this.
  19. Well, seems that cronusmax pro v 1.12 supports Fanatec wheels on PS4. But it's unclear to me if FFB is fully supported. I have contacted the support to ask the question.
    http://cronusmax.com/

Killerfox1978 likes this.
  20. please keep us updated with this an pm me if it does. many thanks
    Nick